THE BROWNS BOARD

In Dorsing the OL

Ibleedbrown

I think in one of the Corbett discussions someone made a comment that Dorsey isn’t so great at drafting/signing OLmen and developing them. I did research, and some interesting findings l found.

Dorsey was KC’s GM from 2013 to 2016. I don’t think many would disagree that he played a significant role in making them what they are today. In that time l counted 6 OLmen he drafted.

2013 Rd 1: Eric Fisher, OT. Had a rough start in his rookie year, but has turned into a building block on the OL for them since then. In 2016 signed an extension and still with the team. 

2013 Rd 6: Eric Kush, C. Originally signed as a Center and didn’t get much action with KC and was waived in 2015. Bounced around to a few teams, and eventually landed with us, obviously.

2014 Rd 6: Zach Fulton, G. He won a starting spot in 2016 with them and was later signed by the Texans in 2018 and started for them as well.

2014 Rd 6: Laurent Duverney-Tardiff, OL: A rare Canadian draft pick, took a bit to develop. In 2015 started a game, started 14 in 2016, signed an extension in 2017 and still starting for KC.

2015 Rd 2: Mitch Morse, G: Did ok for the Chiefs from what l read, and then in 2017 signed a nice sized contract with the Bills.

2016 Rd 4: Parker Ehinger, G: Started as a rookie, but seems to have had an injury plagued and/or ineffective career. Has bounced to a couple teams since then, most recently the Cards.

All 6 are still in the league, 5 of them starting. 

And KC’s current starting OL consists of Fisher, Duverney-Tardiff, Austin Reiter, Andrew Wylie and Mitchell Schwartz. So basically 2 guys Dorsey drafted, and 1 former Browns players Dorsey signed for KC, and 2 other former Browns players Dorsey cut so that KC could later sign them. I had forgotten Wylie, but he did have a cup of coffee with us. If you add Erving in there as the top T backup, that’s another former Brown Dorsey traded to KC.

So basically, Dorsey has played a ginormous role in building the KC Oline, even after they were no longer paying him to do so. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting that most of the Chiefs OL are former Browns. Reiter, The Schwartz, Erving...and Wylie...who I do not recall being with the Browns.  The Browns do not show up on his pfr profile......so apparently he never played a down with us.   So, that cup of coffee must have been preseason instant brand.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Interesting that most of the Chiefs OL are former Browns. Reiter, The Schwartz, Erving...and Wylie...who I do not recall being with the Browns.  The Browns do not show up on his pfr profile......so apparently he never played a down with us.   So, that cup of coffee must have been preseason instant brand.

Just a practice squad guy from Oct to Dec 2017.

• Thanks 1