THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 2 - TOP 25 RANKINGS and TV SCHEDULE and other interesting stuff!

mjp28

WEEK 2 - TOP 25 RANKINGS and TV SCHEDULE and other interesting stuff!

Only one team ranked in the preseason AP Poll lost in Week 1, as Auburn beat Oregon. Thanks to the win, the Tigers moved up to No. 10. This week, No. 24 Boise State plays in the first Week 2 game.

College football rankings: Week 2 Top 25 scores, schedule

Here is the complete schedule for Week 2 for the 2019 college football season. This will be updated as games go final. All rankings are from the AP.

Click here for a live scoreboard.

All times ET and on Saturday unless otherwise noted.

AP Poll: Top 25 for Week 2

RANK

NAME

RECORD

PREVIOUS

1 Clemson 1-0 1542 1
2 Alabama 1-0 1493 2
3 Georgia 1-0 1407 3
4 Oklahoma 1-0 1337 4
5 Ohio State 1-0 1270 5
6 LSU 1-0 1233 6
7 Michigan 1-0 1126 7
8 Notre Dame 1-0 1037 9
9 Texas 1-0 1032 10
10 Auburn 1-0 958 16
11 Florida 1-0 940 8
12 Texas A&M 1-0 862 12
13 Utah 1-0 826 14
14 Washington 1-0 768 13
15 Penn State 1-0 688 15
16 Oregon 0-1 568 11
17 Wisconsin 1-0 519 19
18 UCF 1-0 445 17
19 Michigan State 1-0 409 18
20 Iowa 1-0 351 20
21 Syracuse 1-0 246 22
22 Washington State 1-0 244 23
23 Stanford 1-0 198 25
24 Boise State 1-0 179 NR
25 Nebraska 1-0 86 24
25 Iowa State 1-0 86 21

Also receiving votes: Virginia 73, TCU 61, Mississippi State 50, Cincinnati 48, Army 31, Miami (FL) 10, Oklahoma State 8, Memphis 6, Arizona State 4, Appalachian State 4, Minnesota 2, USC 1, Boston College 1, North Carolina 1.

There are a few key games mainly in the top 10:

times ET and on Saturday unless otherwise noted.

So, two games between  schools where both are ranked.

And to answer some of your questions:

1. Yes,  A&M gets rolled.

2. Buckeyes do not, I think roll....Cinci is a tough team, on the virtue of being ranked.

3. Texas just may be back...LSU should be wary.

4. Army is good...but it won't be enough to beat FUM.

5. Auburn may have a letdown...but again, not bad enough to suffer a loss to Tulane.

32 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OHIO STATE 7 CINCI 0 end 1st, interesting game. 

OSU 21-0, JK Dobbins the next great BUCKEYE RB.

In Q4 OSU 35-0, Mich 14-14 and Q1 Howard 14 YSU 6 after YSU looked so good last week and Howard got beat 79-0..... college football!

.......OSU 42-0 so much for a close game. Howard 14 YSU 13 getting straightened out.

Former Philadelphia Eagle PK and YSU graduate Paul McFadden's son is the new YSU kicker, missed 1 PAT.

14-14 OT in Ann Arbor!   Oh and OHIO STATE 42-0 Final.

Army 2/5 passing.

-----------------

Army 21 M 14 Michigan ball.....

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I picked Army to beat the spread

Army after years of futility is a team you do not want to play, hard to prepare for that attack.  I was used to NAVY beating them up every year.

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Army after years of futility are a team you do not want to play, hard to prepare for that attack.  I was used to NAVY beating them up every year.

Every Michigan fan that really follows football was not happy we were playing them. Apparently Harbaugh wanted it for an "honor the military" type game.

I mean, the flyover was cool .. 

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

After the Clemson/ TAMU finish watching SVP's "Bad Beats" will be painful Sunday nite... 🤔

... and then there was NEB/COL... 😱

LSU (-5.5) 13 TEX 7 almost halftime.......hmmmm.

....... make that LSU 20-7 with 00:47 left in the half. They look good.

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

LSU (-5.5) 13 TEX 7 almost halftime.......hmmmm.

....... make that LSU 20-7 with 00:47 left in the half. They look good.

LSU scores on a 17 yd. 3rd down play to go up by 14 with 2 minutes while forcing Texas to use a timeout in the process. Texas gets a late TD but just misses out on the onside kick OOB. Poor texas crying in the stands. A&M beats the spread late though Mond had a really bad day without too much pressure from Clemson. Just plain off and many he was "on" were just plain dropped. The D kept them in it against a high draft QB in the making.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

LSU scores on a 17 yd. 3rd down play to go up by 14 with 2 minutes while forcing Texas to use a timeout in the process. Texas gets a late TD but just misses out on the onside kick OOB. Poor texas crying in the stands. A&M beats the spread late though Mond had a really bad day without too much pressure from Clemson. Just plain off and many he was "on" were just plain dropped. The D kept them in it against a high draft QB in the making.

I still think it was a mistake that OSU let Joe Burrow leave.

33 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Haskins may not have appreciated that

And I'm no expert on the NCAA transfer system but they are making it easier to transfer and play now.  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/9/17311748/ncaa-transfer-rules-change-guide-list-sit-out

The NCAA also just grants waivers when it feels like it. One Ole Miss player who wasn’t a rising senior, quarterback Shea Patterson, got a waiver to Michigan despite not meeting any of the criteria. The NCAA likes good PR.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, Tour2ma said:

After the Clemson/ TAMU finish watching SVP's "Bad Beats" will be painful Sunday nite... 🤔

It's even worse. It was bad enough that our SEC leading RB left a year early,  but his soph highly ranked fill-in was lost for the season in the 3rd quarter with a bed hamstring injury. We're f'd now. We have no really good replacement RB depth for the toughest schedule in the country. This is not going to be a pretty year for A&M. Lucky if we can qualify for a bowl now that Corbin is gone.

43 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And I'm no expert on the NCAA transfer system but they are making it easier to transfer and play now.  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/9/17311748/ncaa-transfer-rules-change-guide-list-sit-out

The NCAA also just grants waivers when it feels like it. One Ole Miss player who wasn’t a rising senior, quarterback Shea Patterson, got a waiver to Michigan despite not meeting any of the criteria. The NCAA likes good PR.

If you followed the current college football landscape at all you'd know Patterson's transfer is the least ridiculous of any recent high profile transfers. At least he had evidence of being lied to about future sanctions against Ole Miss

Fields had one baseball player call him a racial slur at UGA though his sister still goes there

Tate.... well wanted playing time. I'm not sure what he even argued.

That being said I think any player should be able to transfer whenever they'd like to. They get screwed over enough as it is.

Of course, Michigan and OSU have now been mentioned so any bit of reason in further responses is out the window. 

And that's with the whole point of this back and forth being there's really nothing OSU could have done to force Burrow to stay. But I'd say it worked out well for them.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And that's with the whole point of this back and forth being there's really nothing OSU could have done to force Burrow to stay. But I'd say it worked out well for them.

I agree with that.