THE BROWNS BOARD

Stallworth released early today for good behavior

82OZZIE82

Isn't it nice when you have money to influence legal outcomes to life ending behavior? Good ole Dante Killworth was released a whole week early for behaving himself in jail. Nice to know he is completely rehabilitated and was able to get out early for the tremendous amount of time he was sentenced. Gotta love justice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it nice when you have money to influence legal outcomes to life ending behavior? Good ole Dante Killworth was released a whole week early for behaving himself in jail. Nice to know he is completely rehabilitated and was able to get out early for the tremendous amount of time he was sentenced. Gotta love justice.

They repaired the front bumper and fender of his Bentley, got all of the brain matter and such out of the light fixtures, so being compassionate, they let him slide out early so he could take it for a ride.

Guest BillyJack
So those videos we watched in health about drinking arent true than?

You dont go to prison and ruin your life for drinking and driving?

Cheers, Im gettin a bottle and hittin the freeway.

Im with ya maybe if we only run over homeless dudes nobody will give a shit :o

He wasnt released early for good behavior.

Stallworth faced 15 years in prison. According to the plea agreement, Stallworth needs to serve only 24 days of his 30-day sentence. Murphy agreed to give Stallworth credit for the one day he already served, April 2, which was the day of his arrest and booking. In addition, Stallworth received an additional five days of credit because of a Florida state statute stating anyone who is sentenced to 30 days (besides civil, contempt, drug treatment and house arrest cases) automatically gets five days' credit time served for every 30 days, spokesperson Janelle Hall of the Miami Dade County Corrections Department told Naqi.

Guest birddog1
I guess we can all sit in judgement cause surely none of us has ever consumed alcohol and then driven a car... oops!! I'm mean we've never been caught drinking and driving....Self righteous people scare the hell out of me.....

peace

T.Dawg

That's a bunch of crap, the issue here is that he was drunk, decided to drive and then KILLED SOMEONE - this has nothing to do with being self-righteous. This must strike a little too close to home for some. I don't drink so maybe I don't understand, but his sentence was absurd and now he gets out early? I hope he wasn't traumatized by his lengthy jail time.

That's a bunch of crap, the issue here is that he was drunk, decided to drive and then KILLED SOMEONE - this has nothing to do with being self-righteous. This must strike a little too close to home for some. I don't drink so maybe I don't understand, but his sentence was absurd and now he gets out early? I hope he wasn't traumatized by his lengthy jail time.

I'll drink to that and I'll have one for you. Your right, if you don't drink, you don't understand.

Birdog if you don't think there are perks in the legal system for those of wealth then you must have been living in never-never land your entire life...

Theres a huge difference in the outcome of criminal and civil cases when comparing public defenders and $400 per hour paid attorneys....

Big time attorneys have the resources to research case law and benchmark decisions wheras the over loaded public defender is basically there to insure that your constitutional rights are not violated.... This makes a huge difference in the sentenances handed out....

It's impossible to argue in the defense of a drunk driver... Talk to anyone who has lost a loved one to a drunk driver and you'll encounter some big time rage... I know I would want the SOB to be jailed for their lifetime....

My problem with my "self righteous" comment is that some are inferring that back room deals were struck in the Stallworth case and he's getting off with a mere slap on the wrist...The truth of the matter is that the man who was killed was completely in the wrong and if no alcohol was found in Stallworths system charges would not have even been filed....

The next time you're at an NFL game observe the people leaving the parking lot after the game.... A huge percentage of those driving are probably over the limit... Most make it home without an incident...Does that make them right, no it just makes them lucky....

Maybe if Donte would have caught more passes for our team some would be more compassionate with his situation... I stand by my statement though, self righteous people really scare the shit out of me... If the shoe fits then wear it, if not then just go on with your life....

peace

T.Dawg

I'll drink to that and I'll have one for you. Your right, if you don't drink, you don't understand.

I guess a real drinkin' man like yourself knows the ins and outs of drunk driving better than someone who doesn't drink?

I cannot even wrap my brain around something so unbelievably moronic...

Birdog if you don't think there are perks in the legal system for those of wealth then you must have been living in never-never land your entire life...

Theres a huge difference in the outcome of criminal and civil cases when comparing public defenders and $400 per hour paid attorneys....

Big time attorneys have the resources to research case law and benchmark decisions wheras the over loaded public defender is basically there to insure that your constitutional rights are not violated.... This makes a huge difference in the sentenances handed out....

It's impossible to argue in the defense of a drunk driver... Talk to anyone who has lost a loved one to a drunk driver and you'll encounter some big time rage... I know I would want the SOB to be jailed for their lifetime....

My problem with my "self righteous" comment is that some are inferring that back room deals were struck in the Stallworth case and he's getting off with a mere slap on the wrist...The truth of the matter is that the man who was killed was completely in the wrong and if no alcohol was found in Stallworths system charges would not have even been filed....

The next time you're at an NFL game observe the people leaving the parking lot after the game.... A huge percentage of those driving are probably over the limit... Most make it home without an incident...Does that make them right, no it just makes them lucky....

Maybe if Donte would have caught more passes for our team some would be more compassionate with his situation... I stand by my statement though, self righteous people really scare the shit out of me... If the shoe fits then wear it, if not then just go on with your life....

peace

T.Dawg

Agreed. If the guy hadn't been jaywalking across a 4 lane highway, he would not have been hit. Stalworth would have been charged with nothing if he hadn't had a blood alcohol content.

Doesn't make it right that he got behind the wheel drunk and/or stoned.

But the fact that the pedestrian was also doing something illegal is certainly mitigating circumstances.

So if somebody is jaywalking then its ok to just flash your lights at them and then run them over. That makes perfect sense. Tell me that you have never crossed the road when you should not have and compare it to your "lucky drunk drivers". He killed a man. I hate the fact that I am in the army working and defending a crappy ass government that lets people like stallworth get off as light as he is, regardless of how many passes he cathces or drops. I don't care what he has done for any team in the nfl. he should be locked up not on house arrest....just my opinion

How in the hell did I "compare" the Stallworth situation to "lucky drivers"?????????????? I was just stating the truth... A great percentage of people driving home after the game are over the limit.....

You hate the fact that you're employeed by a Crappy Ass Government, then do us all a favor and go AWOL (I mean do me a favor if you will).... As a veteran who has served his country with pride, I take exception to your verbage---idiot!!!!!

I'm not defending drunk driving.... For the record I've never been accused of or arrested for drunk driving...But mister self righteous soldier boy the point of the matter is quite evident.. If you'll step down from your soap box for a moment you might just get it.... The man stepped out in front of an automobile and got killed... From one source I read, I believe it was the Sarasota newspaper, the collision was unavoidable and alcohol had very little, if anything to do with the outcome.... Stallworth was wrong because he had alcohol in his system..... At the last moment the man stepped out in front of a moving auto.... Is that so hard for you to comprehend????

I've had enough of this thread... Crappy Ass Government, now that really pisses me off....

T.Dawg

So if somebody is jaywalking then its ok to just flash your lights at them and then run them over. That makes perfect sense. Tell me that you have never crossed the road when you should not have and compare it to your "lucky drunk drivers". He killed a man. I hate the fact that I am in the army working and defending a crappy ass government that lets people like stallworth get off as light as he is, regardless of how many passes he cathces or drops. I don't care what he has done for any team in the nfl. he should be locked up not on house arrest....just my opinion

I agree 100 percent. Locked up for several years at least. Don't give me the bullshit that the pedestrian was at fault. If he had time to flash his lights he had time to slam on the brakes. The alcohol/weed slowed his reflexes down. End of story. Lets let this horse RIP.

Guest birddog1

peace

T.Dawg

If he caught more passes maybe we would show more compassion? Are you kidding me? That's got to be one of the more asinine comments I have ever read. I wouldn't care if he won the super bowl for us - he should be spending time in prison. I never said there weren't perks in the legal system for the wealthy, we've all seen that in the past. My point was that he made a choice, the choice caused the death of someone. The sentence was too light as it was and then he gets out early - that's crazy! The saying that money talks is never more appropriate than it is in this case.

Self righteous soldier boy. For the record I never accused you of drunk driving. I have been on multiple combat tours and served my country with pride. I will not be going AWOL. Were the Sarasota newpaper reporters on scene at the time of the accident, becuase I believe(correct me if i'm wrong) Stallworth himself said that he saw the man and had time to flash his lights at him. I don't know if the accident was avoidable or not, but it sounds like he had some time to me. Namecalling isnt very nice. I'm not going to get into a patriotic debate about how you or anyone else feelings about the govt. differ from mine.

Can somebone please explain to me what being in a soap box means???

Self righteous soldier boy. For the record I never accused you of drunk driving. I have been on multiple combat tours and served my country with pride. I will not be going AWOL. Were the Sarasota newpaper reporters on scene at the time of the accident, becuase I believe(correct me if i'm wrong) Stallworth himself said that he saw the man and had time to flash his lights at him. I don't know if the accident was avoidable or not, but it sounds like he had some time to me. Namecalling isnt very nice. I'm not going to get into a patriotic debate about how you or anyone else feelings about the govt. differ from mine.

Can somebone please explain to me what being in a soap box means???

Yes, Stallworth said that. For all we know he may have been slowing down also. That doesn't change the fact that its been reported that Reyes did indeed step into the path of Stallworth. A lot of people here want to heap 100% of the blame onto Stallworth. Hate to say it, but the victim is just as much to blame if he did step into the path of Stallworth's car. Most normal people know better than to step in front of a car and assume they will stop, especially when they are NOT in a crosswalk.

Yes, Stallworth said that. For all we know he may have been slowing down also. That doesn't change the fact that its been reported that Reyes did indeed step into the path of Stallworth. A lot of people here want to heap 100% of the blame onto Stallworth. Hate to say it, but the victim is just as much to blame if he did step into the path of Stallworth's car. Most normal people know better than to step in front of a car and assume they will stop, especially when they are NOT in a crosswalk.

Most normal people don't drive drunk/stoned and get 26 days in jail for vehicular manslaughter. Quit defending the drunk. You guys make me sick.

Guest birddog1
Most normal people don't drive drunk/stoned and get 26 days in jail for vehicular manslaughter. Quit defending the drunk. You guys make me sick.

My feelings exactly

I wasn't defending him or his sentence. I was merely pointing out that some of you always want to put ALL the blame on one person, when in fact BOTH of them contributed to the accident. I bet it was the teacher's fault when your kid failed in school or the coach's fault when your kid was stuck on the bench too, eh? Talk about making someone sick, its people like you that don't have all the facts, weren't there, and still want to hang a person like you know exactly what went down.

Yup, most normal people get about two years in jail (or more) for DUI vehicular manslaughter. In Ohio, you can spend more time in jail for a third DUI just for getting pulled over and convicted.

Yeah, and his "lifetime" license suspension will probably be about 5 years or so.

OTOH, if Donte had been clean, he wouldn't even have been charged. Bad, bad decision. & what he says he drank, and what he did drink, based on his BAC doesn't jive (never does in criminal cases).

good god people.....this thread reads like a buncha jealous homeless people bitchin about the soup kitchens food.....

of all the institutionalized-inequality displayed in our country everyday, this bullshit is what spins y'all up?

whats the collective age here....12? why is jailtime the only 'recognized' punishment that many of you are basing you opinions of his easy sentence?

both people made a mistake....apparently, some people can't grasp the idea that ruining 5 lives is not better than ruining 1.

open your eyes, people.

Neb, you are assuming the guy actually saw him.

If he didn't see him, then 'a normal person' would step in front of the car.

If he saw him, it's likely he panicked and ran in front of him trying to get away from the car it happens all the time. Think about when two people meet in the hallway traveling in opposite directions and they play the passing game where one goes left and the other goes right, and they repeat that several times.

I've seen guys crash on a racetrack, and run ACROSS the thing (taking the longest route to safety) - it's part of panicking.

Stallworth was still legally intoxicated and at .12 your reactions ARE slowed down. I have no idea of the cumulative effects of weed and alcohol. Weed generally does not impair driving ability, but it might amplify the effect of alcohol.

Anyway, Stallworth had time to slam on his brakes and didn't. Even if he still would have hit the guy, he would have hit him at a slower speed; it's possible the guy would be injured but not dead.

We'll never know if the victim saw him or not because Stallworth ran him over while drunk and without ever touching his brakes and killed the guy.

In either case, Stallworth had a responsibility to TRY to avoid the collision. Sure the pedestrian was in error for jaywalking, but Stallworth takes most of the blame because he was drunk and didn't even try to avoid the crash.

Archived