THE BROWNS BOARD

Jackson Quietly Having A Pro Bowl Season!

ITHIKA

Guest ATENEARS

Someone kill me with a fungo bat ... Are you kidding me?

We are ranked 28th in Rush Defense, given up (sit down for this one) 4.7 yrds per carry and 148 yrds per game on the ground to the opposition.

Only four other teams have gven up more 20+ yrd runs. We rank near the bottom 10 in some of the most important Defensive catagories, such as; yrds/per play, yrds/per game, Time of Possession, 3rd down percentage, etc....

I just don't see it with DQ, I've tried updating my Rose-colored-glasses but I just don't see it.

Someone kill me with a fungo bat ... Are you kidding me?

We are ranked 28th in Rush Defense, given up (sit down for this one) 4.7 yrds per carry and 148 yrds per game on the ground to the opposition.

Only four other teams have gven up more 20+ yrd runs. We rank near the bottom 10 in some of the most important Defensive catagories, such as; yrds/per play, yrds/per game, Time of Possession, 3rd down percentage, etc....

I just don't see it with DQ, I've tried updating my Rose-colored-glasses but I just don't see it.

You should put that on the other LB's that are all below average at their positions for a 3-4 D. DQ is pulling his weight and in a 3-4 every LB has to do that effectively or you'll have what the Browns have. Don't blame DQ because Davis and Co are some of the worst 3-4 linebackers in history.

Heres proof! DQ has 77 tackles. Guess how many his counterpart Davis has?

Not even half as many 37. That just goes to show you how good DQ is and how bad the rest of the LB's are. He's a very good MLB playing on a D that has bad LB's. That should make his efforts that much better! Will he make the pro bowl? Probable not playing for this D, but his stats show he is good enough to. If he were playing for the Ravens or Steelers he'd be a shoe in. And don't tell me his tackles are down the field like old man Mcginest, Davis, and Wimbleys are. He gets his tackles near the line of scrimmage! He deserves some respect, he's turned into a pretty good LB and for his size there's something to be said about that.

Guest Masters
Agreed that as Jackson passes through good on his way to great, Davis has passed through lame on his way to total suckage.

This is a hard one. Because when Davis was putting up these same numbers (though he is 2 years removed from that), people were still all over him.

I think Jackson has played pretty well this season, both against the run and the pass. But he isn't a ILB that is gonna carry a D against the run. Just like Pool and Jones are safteys that are gonna do it either.

The number of tackles isn't necessarily a great gage on a "Pro Bowl season." How many of his 77 tackles have been 5+ yards past the line of scrimmage? I will admit he's picked up his game from last season.

Exactly. It wasn't that long ago that Davis was leading the league in tackles either (or at least near the top)

We're talking about the same Jackson who overpursued leaving a gigantic hole behind him for Rice to cut through on his 60 yard run? I'm with Stan on this one. Can't vote an ILB to a Pro Bowl with our run defense stats. Sorry.

Doesn't mean he hasn't played pretty well this year Grey. Myself, I've been pleasantly surprised with his development.

Wimbley on the other hand, that's another story.

Guest Aloysius
We're talking about the same Jackson who overpursued leaving a gigantic hole behind him for Rice to cut through on his 60 yard run? I'm with Stan on this one. Can't vote an ILB to a Pro Bowl with our run defense stats. Sorry.

Doesn't mean he hasn't played pretty well this year Grey. Myself, I've been pleasantly surprised with his development.

Wimbley on the other hand, that's another story.

I agree about both guys.

DQ has played well, and he actually has more sacks (1.5) than Wimbley (1.0).

That's not a good sign...

Guest ATENEARS
You should put that on the other LB's that are all below average at their positions for a 3-4 D. DQ is pulling his weight and in a 3-4 every LB has to do that effectively or you'll have what the Browns have. Don't blame DQ because Davis and Co are some of the worst 3-4 linebackers in history.

Heres proof! DQ has 77 tackles. Guess how many his counterpart Davis has?

Not even half as many 37. That just goes to show you how good DQ is and how bad the rest of the LB's are. He's a very good MLB playing on a D that has bad LB's. That should make his efforts that much better! Will he make the pro bowl? Probable not playing for this D, but his stats show he is good enough to. If he were playing for the Ravens or Steelers he'd be a shoe in. And don't tell me his tackles are down the field like old man Mcginest, Davis, and Wimbleys are. He gets his tackles near the line of scrimmage! He deserves some respect, he's turned into a pretty good LB and for his size there's something to be said about that.

Good reply.

Listen, sorry to come off like a pompous ass and then not check back into this thread for your reply.

You are not the first one I have heard this from. I am just shocked that he hasn't stood out to me. I've questioned this with other friends who are also diehard fans of the LB craft and they have heard but not seen this 'stellar' aspect either.

Believe me, I'm sure hoping you are right and I will definately focus in on him tomorrow night while attending the game. I'm looking for Sean Jones to play a hell of a lot better too.

Interesting topic ... seems people are either up on this guy or just don't see it that same way. It's worth watching in this second half of the season.

I used to be big Andra Davis & Sean Jones fans ... but that's slipping. I need a defense fix man ... like a junkie.

When you're 3-5 and have looked like shit in almost every game, nobody is going to get Pro Bowl consideration, that's the way it is. However, that doesn't mean certain guys can't be playing at a decent level. Watch the film of the Jacksonville game, I thought Jackson played really well and also showed he is a leader. This guy plays almost every down of ST's and defense, hardly ever coming off the field.

This defense doesn't rank very well but they've had their moments. Again, they need some sustained drives from the offense and hopefully it makes some difference. Jackson has played the best on the defense to me after Rogers. Jones has been horrible and the injury seems to have really hindered him.

There have been guys in this league who have had good years on bad teams.

When you're 3-5 and have looked like shit in almost every game, nobody is going to get Pro Bowl consideration, that's the way it is. However, that doesn't mean certain guys can't be playing at a decent level. Watch the film of the Jacksonville game, I thought Jackson played really well and also showed he is a leader. This guy plays almost every down of ST's and defense, hardly ever coming off the field.

This defense doesn't rank very well but they've had their moments. Again, they need some sustained drives from the offense and hopefully it makes some difference. Jackson has played the best on the defense to me after Rogers. Jones has been horrible and the injury seems to have really hindered him.

bwaaaaaaaa.....probowl ??? Good call russy

Guest Masters

bwaaaaaaaa.....probowl ??? Good call russy

Russ didn't call him a Pro Bowler. Saying DECENT LEVEL, does not equal saying pro bowl. Reading comprehension, or just reading skills. Change the panties, cause the sand is getting all up in your va-jay-jay Opera.

Archived