THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowherd takes more shots at Baker

Icecube

Today he was saying Baker's off-field distractions are hurting his game. He said he was doing too many commercials and things.

Said Lamar Jackson was doing no commercials or anything like that, and he was obviously spending time in the weight room instead.

He feels you need to focus on being great before you focus on building your brand. We shall see if he's right or not. 

15 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Today he was saying Baker's off-field distractions are hurting his game. He said he was doing too many commercials and things.

Said Lamar Jackson was doing no commercials or anything like that, and he was obviously spending time in the weight room instead.

He feels you need to focus on being great before you focus on building your brand. We shall see if he's right or not. 

Like we care anymore what Cow-pie thinks? We already know he hates Baker.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Like we care anymore what Cow-pie thinks? We already know he hates Baker.   

It's not about "who says what" it's about what has truth to it. Baker had 13 commercials and 9 magazine articles in the offseason. Has he looked prepared to you in the 1st two weeks? Can you answer that with honesty? 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Icecube said:

It's not about "who says what" it's about what has truth to it. Baker had 13 commercials and 9 magazine articles in the offseason. Has he looked prepared to you in the 1st two weeks? Can you answer that with honesty? 

Cowherd is saying that's cause and effect.  Possible? Sure. He has zero proof of what Baker is doing in regards to game prep. Kitchens even came out saying he's at least party responsible for Baker looking bad. And Cow-pie made sure he kissed Jackson's ass because he's looked good- playing two lousy defenses. Hardly anything to relate that to him not doing endorsements.  

Let's not forget Mayfield had zero preseason game reps with OBJ, and I've already said in multiple threads- if there was any defensive coordinator who knew exactly how to mess up Baker it was Greg Williams. If Mayfield still looks like crap against the Rams Sunday night, I may start buying that argument- but I can just as easily attribute it to the dreaded "sophomore slump" that has afflicted many top QBs. Not what he's doing with endorsements.   

10 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Those tv commercials took about 2 days. The magazine articles, some were cobbled together from April. If Baker really does have any issues, too much sex. After all, he is a newlywed. And that’s bullshit too. The kid has a great work ethic.  Blame the cba if anything

This. 

Also, I am seeing a lot of commercials with Saquan Barkley and Pat Mahomes too ... should they have been concentrating on football too ... or do you think maybe Madison Avenue likes young marketable stars and they have been using them in the offseason for decades?

Lamar Jackson so ugly, only commercial he'd get was if they replaced Cheryl's She Shed with the Baltimore Bitch Barn.

Z

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

And you think his # of endorsements directly effects his play? Thats a reach.....

44 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Really? History is littered with athletes who fall down after getting too entrenched with sideline distractions. You don't realize this? Have you not seen Rocky 3? 

Like Michael Jordan and Peyton Manning, huh! :)

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Jackson played the Dolphins and the Cardinals....the two worst teams in the league.   He could have been distracted all he wants and he could have won those games.

Besides...have you heard Jackson talk?  He can barely speak English, and when he does he sounds like a Goombah.  No one wants a spokesman like that. 

Very difficult to understand him when he talks:

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

This. 

Also, I am seeing a lot of commercials with Saquan Barkley and Pat Mahomes too ... should they have been concentrating on football too ... or do you think maybe Madison Avenue likes young marketable stars and they have been using them in the offseason for decades?

Lamar Jackson so ugly, only commercial he'd get was if they replaced Cheryl's She Shed with the Baltimore Bitch Barn.

Z

They wanted him to endorse Preparation H until they realized they were looking at his face

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Really? History is littered with athletes who fall down after getting too entrenched with sideline distractions. You don't realize this? Have you not seen Rocky 3? 

Nope....just dont see any evidence that is the case here.....

Not like doing a few commercials hurt Manning or Montanas games.....lets talk about this in 3 years, when he's making movies or something....not after his first handful of gigs...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Like Michael Jordan and Peyton Manning, huh! :)

Two exceptions to the rule.  

Making a few extra bucks doing a few spots might be ok.  Being all over the TV might be some overkill by the #1 pick in the draft..... unless you're tearing it up on the field. I guess we will wait and see.  Oh he doesn't really need the money.

The team did not disclose the contract details. NFL Network reported that the contract was a four-year deal with $32.68 million guaranteed and a $21.85 million signing bonus.

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

This. 

Z

Not just personal appearance Z- if you listen to they way he talks, well, he'd have a tough time pitching insurance.  :D  

He's an asshat, but Cowherd's take is plausible.

I'm seeing a lot of Baker.. and I'm out-of-market. He aggressively built his "brand" from ground zero over the off-season. If you think he's not thinking about the business of him many, many time over the time spent on set for a shoot... then then I don't think you understand branding.

Mahomes? One commercial... with Aaron Rodgers.... and Patrick ain't all that photogenic either.

Freddie stood up and took the bullet for Baker's performance to date... and I for one believe him.

We'll get a glimpse Sunday.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

Right now he can say that because Baker isn't playing all that well.  

I think Bake  let his initial success fatten his head a bit.  Hopefully a few servings of humble pie shrink it back to normal.

17 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I think Bake  let his initial success fatten his head a bit.  Hopefully a few servings of humble pie shrink it back to normal.

That..... or it’s just early in the season and like most others in the league, gotta shake some rust. Preseason is not for vets. September is

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think Baker's "problems"  are 75%  not HIS problem.....but the problem of the coaching and the OL. 

I will give you that Baker has had some bad, off target throws.    But he is rushed to get the play off every time because the plays come in late....and he has not time to read the defenses or do other things necessary to total success.  It puts him totally off his rhythm.   His leaky OL doesn't help.  Not saying they have been horrible....but they could have been a damned sight better.  Plus, really he is learning a new offense. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I think people are confusing "time" with "focus".

It may be a combination of both.. the sideline is not getting the play in on time causing him to have no time to read defenses/call changes  etc. where he has to have the snap in short order....then yes....it can appear that a lack of  time can cause a lack of focus. Many things done in a hurried manner are done sloppily.   Including having to play QB in the NFL.

20 hours ago, Zombo said:

This. 

Z

Quality!!

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, Zombo said:

Good thread topic for Ravens week.

Lamar Jackson is so ugly....

...that he makes Terrell Suggs look pretty.

suggs.png

Eh...no not really.

• Haha 2