THE BROWNS BOARD

AB done with football in angry tirade, rips Big Ben and Kraft.

darren15

I only heard some vague reference to it...where he apparently  shoved, or otherwise laid hands on Mayock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-reportedly-planning-to-suspend-antonio-brown-after-incident-between-wr-and-gm-mike-mayock/

The question still remains.....who is the bigger drama queen.....Brown or BR?

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

Got into it today with Mayock, got heated, getting suspended

We'll see but I moved AB to the flex position incase I have to bump his sorry azz.

Screenshot_2019-09-05_184002.jpg

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Steelers fans have to be absolutely thrilled about these turn of events. 

What a complete fuckstick. 

Must feel the same way we did when The Dorse shipped Josh Gordon off to the Patriots and he promptly continued his wayward ways....  

Seems AB made OJ angry. AB wouldn't like OJ if he was angry.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-fantasy-team/

Simpson began his rant by lamenting his fantasy football “Luck” this off-season.

I drafted Andrew Luck and 20 minutes later he retired,” Simpson said. “I drafted you, Antonio, because I admire your game.”

"I'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of Americans who play fantasy and drafted you," Simpson said. "We were all counting on you. Enough, buddy!"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gorka said:

Seems AB made OJ angry. AB wouldn't like OJ if he was angry.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-fantasy-team/

Simpson began his rant by lamenting his fantasy football “Luck” this off-season.

I drafted Andrew Luck and 20 minutes later he retired,” Simpson said. “I drafted you, Antonio, because I admire your game.”

"I'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of Americans who play fantasy and drafted you," Simpson said. "We were all counting on you. Enough, buddy!"

Do you think he drafted Kato?😜

Fri 11 am.......

14 hours agoThe Oakland Raiders are not planning to have wide receiver Antonio Brown for Week 1 against the Broncos on Monday night, according to sources. However, it's not clear if it's a suspension or if the Raiders will just make him inactive. Brown is likely to stay away from the team. This situation has gone from bad to worse in a hurry, and it's unknown if this team-imposed suspension will go beyond Week 1. You can begin to make plans to be without Brown in fantasy for the season opener. As a result, Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson should be in on three-receiver sets against Denver. Tight end Darren Waller should see more targets as well and will be worth a look as a sleeper TE2.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

I just benched him and replaced him with M. Mack IND RB.

I had reservations when I drafted him -but- thought he might want to show Pittsburgh up......wrong he's still a prima dona headcase.

Oh well he was my WR3.

Only drafted him in three leagues... :(

As for the whole situation...

I suspended (and fired) employees during my working years.

In every case there was a "letter" (to their file) detailing the behavior that was being disciplined.

In every case that letter was presented to the employee face-to-face...

To drop such a letter in the mail... leave with their time card... or deliver in any other fashion... was unthinkable.

In every above case of chronic behavior the disciplinary letter was not the first letter. There was always an earlier letter to file putting the employee on notice and setting setting expectations. I don't know if this was done in this case... but if as I suspect it was not, then AB was blindsided.

Yes.... AB's IG post was over-the-top and needs to apologized for, but Mayock set the conflict in motion. When you are disciplining someone, you face them... you give them the chance to respond, make their case, etc. then. You don't let them stew on it.

Normally I'd say Mayock's move was "chickenshit", but I don't think there's anything "chicken" about Mike. It was just a wrongheaded, ignorant, inconsiderate move that anyone on the aggressive side of a complete milktoast would react negatively to... let alone someone as volatile as AB.

• Thanks 1

And he's back...

Gruden just announced that AB is practicing and will play in Game 1...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051543/article/gruden-the-plan-is-for-antonio-brown-to-play-monday

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Fri 11 am.......

14 hours agoThe Oakland Raiders are not planning to have wide receiver Antonio Brown for Week 1 against the Broncos on Monday night, according to sources. However, it's not clear if it's a suspension or if the Raiders will just make him inactive. Brown is likely to stay away from the team. This situation has gone from bad to worse in a hurry, and it's unknown if this team-imposed suspension will go beyond Week 1. You can begin to make plans to be without Brown in fantasy for the season opener. As a result, Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson should be in on three-receiver sets against Denver. Tight end Darren Waller should see more targets as well and will be worth a look as a sleeper TE2.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

"Just Lose, Baby" right behind the Steelers and Ravens as the teams I dislike most. 

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And he's back...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051543/article/gruden-the-plan-is-for-antonio-brown-to-play-monday

You're saved by the bell Tour. I wonder how long and hard they had to kiss AB's ass to "smooth things over".   

I've been asked many times to join a Fantasy League, and it's not in my cards. I have no interest in it, and I spend way too much time on the board keeping the inmates in line here.  :)  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

And he's back...

Man, although who the hell knows what the truth is but if stuff is correct this makes Mayock look so weak. According to reports, AB used racial language and overtly threatened to punch him in the face. To not suspend a dude for that sets a terrible precedent.

Charlie Casserly made an interesting comment on NFL Network... basically it was around...

"Why is Mayock in the middle of this? In all my years as a GM I never signed a disciplinary letter to a player... never suspended a player... and never spoke about either to the press. That is the job of the HC. It's his roster."

Man has a point. Gruden seems to want to be the good cop.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I wonder how long and hard they had to kiss AB's ass to "smooth things over".   

Actually h, reports are more that AB did the ass-kissin'... "emotional apology to the team this morning" and that type stuff.

I know he had over 30mm "reasons" to pucker up...

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... twice if you can...Have the feeling he is going to "go off"...

And ... I hope you weren't thinking the soap opera was over ...

I'm gonna go ahead and say "sit him".

Antonio Brown tells Raiders to 'release me' after team voids nearly $30M in guarantees

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-tells-raiders-to-release-me-after-team-voids-nearly-30m-in-guarantees/

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1