THE BROWNS BOARD

AB done with football in angry tirade, rips Big Ben and Kraft.

darren15

They broke into the BUCKEYES game to announce that.  :lol:

Another unhappy multimillionaire nutjob star athlete booted off a team, how sad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

There's no way Bill would want to deal with this BS.

Moss... Ocho Cinco... Dillon... yeah no history of dealing with "difficult" players.

And here's the thing, h... Bill doesn't "deal" with BS... he "explains it" to his guys and is backed by his entire locker room. What team is better equipped to handle AB?

Combine that with an incentive laden contract and it's a no-brainer.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Moss... Ocho Cinco... Dillon... yeah no history of dealing with "difficult" players.

And here's the thing, h... Bill doesn't "deal" with BS... he "explains it" to his guys and is backed by his entire locker room. What team is better equipped to handle AB?

Ha, rolling one game contract, with no guarantees. :)

On another note...

How did the Raiders void his guarantees? $1mm  was gone due to missing camp time over feet and helmet "issues", but the other $29mm-ish??? Earlier reports said if they suspended him then it was all gone, but doesn't seem like that happened. So...????

Complaining publicly about the added fine for the confrontation with Mayock seems to have been another straw, but I have a feeling it was the posting of his phone convo with Gruden that was the final one. Jon just couldn't trust him after that.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

NE is the new old Raiders for reclaiming nutjob players.......how ironic that this one got booted by the Raiders.

And the soap opera continues, minus the $30,000,000 guaranteed money.  :lol:

"Is this a great country or what!"

If you listen hard you can hear Drew Rosenhaus sobbing...

Yeah babysitter to the stars.....

Rosenhaus represents more than 170 players, including several high profile clients, many of which are known for having eccentric personalities. Notable players Rosenhaus has represented or represents include Antonio Brown, Chad Johnson, Frank Gore, Rex Grossman, Rob Gronkowski, LeSean McCoy, Jimmy Smith, Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Tyreek Hill, and Warren Sapp

“The average professional athlete in the U.S. will make more in one season than most Bankruptcyof us earn in our entire lives….[yet,] despite those staggering salaries, 78% of NFL players, 60% of NBA players and a very large percentage of MLB players (4x that of the average U.S. citizen) file bankruptcy within five years of retirement.”

2 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

This will not go over well here, but I could see the Browns signing him to a 1 year contract.  The motivation to play the juju, Ben, and the Steelers 2x a year is strong.  

Not saying we should, but Dorsey is probably talking to Drew as we speak...

Cap hell and locker room cancer double combo? Dorsey knows better than that.

11 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

This will not go over well here, but I could see the Browns signing him to a 1 year contract.  The motivation to play the juju, Ben, and the Steelers 2x a year is strong.  

Not saying we should, but Dorsey is probably talking to Drew as we speak...

Cool....

He can room with OBJ... B)

On another note....

Casserly was back on  NFL Network waxing on about potential teams...

• WSH
  • JAX
  • AZ
  • CHI
  • SEA

Cited issues with all, but his #1??? NE... on a minimum "prove it" deal.

Of the others SEA seems reasonable... Pete has handled "personalities" before... they need a #1 WR... they have a Franchise QB.

• Upvote 1

On another note....

Casserly was back on  NFL Network waxing on about potential teams...

• WSH
  • JAX
  • AZ
  • CHI
  • SEA

Cited issues with all, but his #1??? NE... on a minimum "prove it" deal.

Of the others SEA seems reasonable... Pete has handled "personalities" before... they need a #1 WR... they have a Franchise QB.

Seattle would be perfect.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, Tour2ma said:

Only drafted him in three leagues... :(

As for the whole situation...

I suspended (and fired) employees during my working years.

In every case there was a "letter" (to their file) detailing the behavior that was being disciplined.

In every case that letter was presented to the employee face-to-face...

To drop such a letter in the mail... leave with their time card... or deliver in any other fashion... was unthinkable.

In every above case of chronic behavior the disciplinary letter was not the first letter. There was always an earlier letter to file putting the employee on notice and setting setting expectations. I don't know if this was done in this case... but if as I suspect it was not, then AB was blindsided.

Yes.... AB's IG post was over-the-top and needs to apologized for, but Mayock set the conflict in motion. When you are disciplining someone, you face them... you give them the chance to respond, make their case, etc. then. You don't let them stew on it.

Normally I'd say Mayock's move was "chickenshit", but I don't think there's anything "chicken" about Mike. It was just a wrongheaded, ignorant, inconsiderate move that anyone on the aggressive side of a complete milktoast would react negatively to... let alone someone as volatile as AB.

I share the thoughts as stated above. 

I was surprised when Mayock took the position as Raider's GM. I have always liked Mayock, but he may take the biggest & hardest fall in this fiasco. Time will tell.

Mike

Brown, Beckham Jr and Landry would be insane. 

As much as I hate AB from his steeler days, he now hates them too. Bonus points for him. 

Beckham is a beast but it's questionable he'll make it through a whole season. Brown could be some real insurance. 

If he would happen to go back to Pisspuke that should of made the trade void and the Raiders should get the 2 draft picks they gave up for him? I know that will not happen but only speaking if it does happen? I don't see how any team would want him, He is a locker room cancer, feels he is the only player on the team, and is a BITCH. 

55 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Brown, Beckham Jr and Landry would be insane. 

As much as I hate AB from his steeler days, he now hates them too. Bonus points for him. 

Beckham is a beast but it's questionable he'll make it through a whole season. Brown could be some real insurance. 

Are you insane?

• Haha 1