THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts

Mr. T

Obama and Janet Nappy Appoint Devout Muslim to Homeland Security Post

Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development

Source for announcement:

Homeland Security Press Room

"Today, I am proud to make two key personnel announcements for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—President Obama’s intent to nominate David Heyman as Assistant Secretary for Policy and my appointment of Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development. Arif comes from Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa’s office, where he served as Deputy Mayor for Homeland Security and Public Safety. As a key adviser to the Mayor, he has led the City’s efforts to develop homeland security, emergency management and law enforcement initiatives, including operational oversight of Los Angeles Police, Fire and Emergency Management departments." said Secretary Janet Napolitano

The Islamic loving Obama has appointed Arif Alikhan a devout Sunni Muslim to assistant secretary for the Office of Policy Department of Homeland Security. Mr. Alikhan was instrumental in taking down the LA Police Department's plan to monitor it's Muslim community.

Alikhan is affiliated with MPAC, the "Muslim Public Affairs Council".

"Founded in 1988, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) describes itself as "a public service agency working for the civil rights of American Muslims, for the integration of Islam into American pluralism, and for a positive, constructive relationship between American Muslims and their representatives." The organization consists of eight chapters in California, and one each in Texas, Kansas, Nevada, and Iowa."

From its inception, MPAC presented itself as more inclusive, and more open to peaceful coexistence with Jews and Christians, than other Arab and Muslim groups, and sought to make Americans comfortable with Islam by showing how much the religion embraced core American values.

However, looking deeper into this group:

MPAC's Senior Advisor, Maher Hathout, who has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and espouses the radical brand of Islam known as Wahhabism, was invited to address the Democratic Convention in Los Angeles in 2000.

MPAC's centrist public image unraveled after the September 2000 launching of the Second Palestinian Intifada, when the Council severed its ties to the Jewish community and issued one-sided condemnations of Israel's response to the Arab violence.

This group actively opposed Bush's military incursions into Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as his "excesses" in the war on terror. In February 2003, MPAC joined the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the American Muslim Council, and the American Muslim Alliance in forming a coalition to repeal and amend the Patriot Act, which these organizations depicted as an assault on the civil liberties of Americans, particularly Muslims.

MPAC claims that Islam is a religion of peace and moderation, and contends that Muslim extremists are no more numerous or dangerous than fundamentalists in any other faith.

Holding Israel entirely responsible for the "pattern of violence" in the Middle East, MPAC asserts that Hezbollah "could be called a liberation movement." The Council likens Hezbollah members to American "freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists."

In a 1999 position paper, MPAC justified Hezbollah's deadly 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a "military operation" rather than a terrorist attack. 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, which killed 299 servicemen, including 220 U.S. Marines. As Maher Hathout puts it: "Hezbollah is fighting for freedom, an organized army, limiting its operations against military people, this is a legitimate target against occupation. … this is legitimate, this is an American value -- freedom and liberty."

PC Freak Zones Article Here!

Takes one to know one, I guess.

I mean, if stuff like this is true:

Holding Israel entirely responsible for the "pattern of violence" in the Middle East, MPAC asserts that Hezbollah "could be called a liberation movement." The Council likens Hezbollah members to American "freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists."

In a 1999 position paper, MPAC justified Hezbollah's deadly 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a "military operation" rather than a terrorist attack. 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, which killed 299 servicemen, including 220 U.S. Marines. As Maher Hathout puts it: "Hezbollah is fighting for freedom, an organized army, limiting its operations against military people, this is a legitimate target against occupation. … this is legitimate, this is an American value -- freedom and liberty."

Otherwise, their M.O. of "integration of Islam into American Pluralism" is fine by me (as long is it's not the other way around).

I'm not making the connection between Patriotism and one's religion.

Haven't you heard, PE? American Muslims aren't Americans!

Way to perpetuate racist fear-mongering and reinforcing hateful stereotypes, gents. It's pathetic.

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. A statement about the very real fear-mongering fostered and stereotyped hatred some folks posting here have for anything non-white or non-Christian.

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. A statement about the very real fear-mongering fostered and stereotyped hatred some folks posting here have for anything non-white or non-Christian.

Maybe true, mz the pussy.

On the other hand MPAC's wish is that you were dead.

Think about it.

He doesn't get your point..

I guess I'm dumb because I don't respond to a post that assumes a guy appointed to Homeland Security is a part of some group that wants to kill me and all Jews.

MPAC asserts that Hezbollah "could be called a liberation movement." The Council likens Hezbollah members to American "freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists."

I've always hated this bullshit excuse/comparison. My US history isn't 100% locked down, and I know we used unconventional tactics (for the time), but I don't ever recall us floating the fcuk over to London and aiming cannons & muskets at homes & civillians. In fact, I recall quite the fcuking contrary. Don't bend my country's history to justify your poor decision making.

And again, I've got no problem with the "integration of Islam into American pluralism," as long as that is what it is.

To be fair Leg, John Paul Jones did raid England and intended to set fire to Whitehaven in order to terrorize the civilian population. Weather prevented it from happening.

Why so quick to outrage over targeting civilians when we did the exact same thing using our air force in World War Two and Vietnam? Are we allowed to, but nobody else? Our tactics during the revolution could have been as unseemly to the british then as suicide attacks are to us now.

Not that I am trying to defend those assholes in Hezbollah -- I had two uncles that served in the Leb with the Irish peacekeepers, and those xxxxs shot at my family. Interesting enough, one of my uncles also hated the Israelis.

I think the military, logistical, and tactical importance of both Hiroshima & Nagasaki were (and are) well documented when those "targets" were selected. I don't see any meaningful relationship that they share with a nightclub, or school, or city bus.

There are some psychological factors that play a role in both scenarios, admittedly fear. However, intents were still distinctly different. Fear for fear's sake is different from getting Japan to acknowledge they've lost the war ("defeat before death" being a foreign concept to the Japanese).

And Jones spent his time in the Continental (US) Navy attacking British shipping, in their waters. It's not too much of a stretch to assume he'd attack a merchant-heavy port town (coincidentally where he first began his work as a seaman.) It's not like he had been defending our ports, then decided the war wasn't over for him, and sailed over to Britain with hopes of raping horses & riding off on their women.

Appointing anyone to any post in government on the basis of their religion (whatever that may be) is unpatriotic. Appointing them because they are the best person for the job is not. The US government is SECULAR.

I'm nervous about white christian guys getting appointed to posts in the government. They like to bomb abortion clinics a lot.

Appointing anyone to any post in government on the basis of their religion (whatever that may be) is unpatriotic. Appointing them because they are the best person for the job is not. The US government is SECULAR.

I'm nervous about white christian guys getting appointed to posts in the government. They like to bomb abortion clinics a lot.

Sounds like the folks who attend the same church as I do, Pumpkin. We actually make bombs during coffee hour.

My 14 year old daughter is teaching Bomb Manufacturing 101 - as I type - to 5 year olds at their VBS. A couple of kids have real potential, from what she told me last night.

My 4 year old grandson blew his thumb off using some c4 as playdo but he says he will be fine because its all for a good cause. :lol:

spackler.jpg

wow....christians are some intolerant assholes.....

Christians or WHITE Christians?????????????

Seems to be a distinction among several posters.

PS I don't blame the plight of that homeless family on Obama, but there is no genuine reason to knock them and their potential future like you did.

Back to the topic at hand, we're right back to the old Bushian "all Muslims are terrorists" crap and seeing FIRST HAND exactly how this lame stereotyping is perpetuated.

There is no Bushian "All Muslims are terrorists".

That's fermented bs.

Maybe akin to the Obamian "All whiteys should be thrown into concentration camps, and be forced to eat

soggy asparagus until they die" ???

There is no Bushian "All Muslims are terrorists".

That's fermented bs.

Maybe akin to the Obamian "All whiteys should be thrown into concentration camps, and be forced to eat

soggy asparagus until they die" ???

Bush had shown his belief that anyone Muslim is indeed a terrorist (the Uighur crap and this entire Iraq occupation) whereas there is no proof Obama is "against Whiteys" as you so profoundly stated.

Stop already.

Bush had shown his belief that anyone Muslim is indeed a terrorist (the Uighur crap and this entire Iraq occupation) whereas there is no proof Obama is "against Whiteys" as you so profoundly stated.

The entire Iraq occupation?

Why not just say because he doesn't like broccoli, he thinks all Muslims are terrorists?

So, the radical blacks who were intimidating voters at voting booths.. had their

charges dropped by the OBAMA admin.

Solongwhitefirefighter's ruled for blacks, and against the two Hispanics and the white firefighters.

Trouble is, she did it for racial reverse discrimination reasons.

Trouble is, Obama NOMINATED her for the SUPREME COURT !

Trouble is, The SUPREME COURT OVER-RULED HER !!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. I see racial oriented crap from Obama in more ways you make up

that Bush thinks all Muslims are terrorists. The latter is far more ridiculous.

Solongwhitefirefighter's ruled for blacks, and against the two Hispanics and the white firefighters.

Sotomayor is biased against Hispanics. That's a new one..........

Archived