THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts

Mr. T

Legacy and mz the pussy will ignore it, Heck will change the subject and try to argue with Steve some more, Al

will post important articles about the change of subject.

We got libsies trendsies.

im trying to find the compassion preached in the bible in any of you....

i'll let ya know when i succeed.

Good luck. Compassion, in the bible, was preached by Jesus. As soon as I get orders that I'm the 2nd coming, you'll be the 1st to know. :rolleyes:

(There are plenty of instances of tolerance on this board which would fall under the compassion umbrella - I'm guessing you may not care to find them is all).

no love thy neighbor, no treaty others as you would have them do unto you?

sorry leg....i see a buncha white christians attacking anything muslim, anything atheist, anything different from them. and yet, you (as in the whole) still sit on your soapbox of moral superiority.

we're in a tread started by a christian thats attacking our president for appointing a muslim.....equating the idea that all muslims are terrorists. has nothing to do with the professional merits these people bring to the table......its a rant based solely on a difference in religion, and the fear the christians posses as a result of an attack by a buncha fundamentalists.

so maybe compassion wasn't the right word....but christains sure are some big xxxxing hypocrites. they come to your door and preach love and peace, and when they turn they're back, you're ther devil if you disagree.

Go read Revelation, and then re-read this paragraph from the article:

Holding Israel entirely responsible for the "pattern of violence" in the Middle East, MPAC asserts that Hezbollah "could be called a liberation movement." The Council likens Hezbollah members to American "freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists."

In a 1999 position paper, MPAC justified Hezbollah's deadly 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a "military operation" rather than a terrorist attack. 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, which killed 299 servicemen, including 220 U.S. Marines. As Maher Hathout puts it: "Hezbollah is fighting for freedom, an organized army, limiting its operations against military people, this is a legitimate target against occupation. … this is legitimate, this is an American value -- freedom and liberty."

That will shed some light as to why some Christians would find concern with appointing two guys who are involved with MPAC (and what MPAC potentially stands for/believes if that paragraph is to be believed) not just because they are Muslim.

but christains sure are some big xxxxing hypocrites. they come to your door and preach love and peace, and when they turn they're back, you're ther devil if you disagree.

To make a point, I'll refrain from becoming the online equivalent of a paper shredder and leave this one alone.

Guest Aloysius

Alikhan is a former advisor to Alberto Gonzales (!) whose "affiliation" with MPAC seems to be based on his attending a fundraiser for this program.

I attended a similar program for Jewish Americans when I was in high school. Not sure why it's so objectionable that Alikhan wants young Muslim Americans to have the same opportunity to learn about DC.

Alikhan is a former advisor to Alberto Gonzales (!) whose "affiliation" with MPAC seems to be based on his attendance at a fundraiser for this program.

I attended a similar program for Jewish Americans when I was in high school. Not sure why it's so objectionable that Alikhan thinks young Muslim Americans should do the same.

It isn't except for one thing IMO...Jews tend to be patriotic to this country while Muslims have a tendency to not be so patriotic.

Now, part of that may be the times we live, but somewhere along the way the muslims in this country need to step it up....and maybe this is exactly what they are trying to do here.

Like it or not, if you want to walk around with a turbine on your head or walk around with your fist in the air as with the black muslims, you aren't going to get a great reception by the vast majority, including your Jewish brothers and sisters.

Like it or not, if you want to walk around with a turbine on your head or walk around with your fist in the air as with the black muslims

Perhaps lack of education/knowledge RE: this group leads to some misunderstandings between cultures.

Alikhan is a former advisor to Alberto Gonzales (!) whose "affiliation" with MPAC seems to be based on his attending a fundraiser for this program.

Ha!! Interesting.

I attended a similar program for Jewish Americans when I was in high school. Not sure why it's so objectionable that Alikhan wants young Muslim Americans to have the same opportunity to learn about DC.

I have no problem with that M.O. of MPAC (and said so in my 1st post in the thread), but the paragraph I keep C&P'ing (with nobody addressing it) gives me a little concern about MPAC's level of discernment.

Guest Aloysius

I think the issue is that Hezbollah was founded in response to Israel's invasion of Lebanon in the early 80's. For many years, their fighters waged an insurgency against Israel's close to twenty year occupation of southern Lebanon. Because of that, some people (including some career officials in the State Dep't, from what I've heard) view Hezbollah as a national liberation group. I don't agree, but I can understand where they're coming from.

I doubt the writer of that MPAC article (which I haven't actually seen) would dispute that Hezbollah resorts to terrorism and inhumane tactics. But almost everyone realizes that those tactics played a big part in getting Israel to withdraw, which complicates the whole discussion (hence the "it could be described" equivocation).

I see, but wasn't SL occupied by at least 100k + Palestinian refugees that had been clashing with Israel since '48? The Lebanese had nothing to do with it until the air-strikes and Hez & the PLO were really a Palestinian thing created from these "people without a country".

That was my (limited) understanding of it.

Archived