THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama chooses Ala doctor as next surgeon general

I know someone is going to say something bad about this one. Really how the hell can you. Fine choice in my books.

"A decade ago, the New York Times called her "angel in a white coat," a country doctor who made house calls along the impoverished Gulf Coast, paid whatever her patients could scrounge."

"Benjamin became the first black woman and the youngest doctor elected to the American Medical Association's board. She also received the Nelson Mandela Award for Health and Human Rights in 1998, and Pope Benedict XVI awarded her the distinguished service medal Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice."

Those are some pretty good credentials.

Don't worry. Some idiot around here will listen to Hannity when he digs up a case from 1989 when she did something or other and subsequently cry 'Affirmative Action' or 'Reverse Racism.'

What he meant to say was:

I'm sick and tired of all these up-until-recently overlooked intelligent/skilled/hard-working colored folks getting appointed to top cabinet positions and positions of authority when there are perfectly able low-IQ dimwitted pure white folks willing to take the same job!

Archived