THE BROWNS BOARD

For those against guns

ballpeen

Great thread, solid point.

I wish I had a neighbor like that so I could use a sign like that.

I think I'd like to buy a 9mm pistol. A friend was asking me at a party

if I'd like to go with him to get a ccp last weekend. Well, maybe.

But it's easier just to put a gun rack in the pickup we haven't bought yet.

An 07 Chevy, not a Silverado, though. Thinkin about it.

Great thread, solid point.

I wish I had a neighbor like that so I could use a sign like that.

I think I'd like to buy a 9mm pistol. A friend was asking me at a party

if I'd like to go with him to get a ccp last weekend. Well, maybe.

But it's easier just to put a gun rack in the pickup we haven't bought yet.

An 07 Chevy, not a Silverado, though. Thinkin about it.

I don't worry to much about the carry permit. I do my best to avoid places where I feel like I would need to carry. If some feel the need...have at it...for me, not so much. I am usually home by 8-9 and don't find myself on dark ally ways.

I carry one in my car...if you get pulled over toss it on the backseat of the car so the cop doesn't get freaked out...other than that, it's where I can get it in a hurry...this is mostly for over the road driving...get a flat in some remote area and you are pretty vulnerable..especially at night...or for those nuts who want to jack a car.

Even then, you can prevent that in most cases..just look for suspicious characters and don't get blocked in..I always stop far enough back from the car ahead of me to be able to make a quick exit if needed.

I keeping thinking our economy might totally crash. And with that, helplessness,

and desperation cross country, like in cities, over food and money.

And who would have food? Local farmers, with well water and food

in abundance. With obvious ability to have at least some money.

Like some farmer with hundreds of tomato plants and sweet corn and...

crap. I think in devastating economic times like a depression, crime on those

who do have, is a very real danger.

I'm not much on all that... but I won't be left without being able to defend our home. CCP seems to be silly.

Sometimes... it could happen, go to a show, walk out, now it's dark, a bunch of cars have left,

parking lot looks pretty ominous.

One time, we took a day off, went to Cleveland, stadium, etc, science center. Well, we went and took a train out

that way, except we got on the wrong train. It was going east, just shy of where we wanted to go from the start.

So, we look around, talk to the train conductor, he shook his head, and said we were on the wrong train, and

we got off the first stop to catch a train back the other direction.

Well, we got off, and the train left. All there was was a bench and a glass bus kind of shelter from the rain and sun.

When the train left, behind us was a giant expanse of woods. In front of us... a great big, old, run down projects area.

I mean, it looked like a thousand old little box houses, all run down, old junkers in the street. Like a third world country.

Bombed out third world country. Dangerous third world country, but in E. Cleveland.

My Wife and I both looked at each other and said "oops" quietly. Don't think that I wouldn't have loved to have

a gun with me, sitting up on the elevated rr stop, in a glass both.

But, there were no people in the entire poor neighborhood down there, that we ever saw. and about 5 minutes later, another

train came back the other way. She said she wasn't really supposed to stop there, but she knew we didn't

belong or want to be where we were.

I really don't recommend that one. Yeah, I was a good bit worried.

Now, take that situation in the middle of a serious ecomic crash all over the country?

Anyways, buy a gun, learn and practice strict gun safety, never have a loaded gun in the house,

unless it's in a quick open safe near you...that's what I think.

I feel like I stumbled into a nursing home. mz the pussy

Should learn to respect your elders, ya little squirt.

Guest BillyJack
I keeping thinking our economy might totally crash. And with that, helplessness,

and desperation cross country, like in cities, over food and money.

And who would have food? Local farmers, with well water and food

in abundance. With obvious ability to have at least some money.

Like some farmer with hundreds of tomato plants and sweet corn and...

crap. I think in devastating economic times like a depression, crime on those

who do have, is a very real danger.

I'm not much on all that... but I won't be left without being able to defend our home. CCP seems to be silly.

Sometimes... it could happen, go to a show, walk out, now it's dark, a bunch of cars have left,

parking lot looks pretty ominous.

One time, we took a day off, went to Cleveland, stadium, etc, science center. Well, we went and took a train out

that way, except we got on the wrong train. It was going east, just shy of where we wanted to go from the start.

So, we look around, talk to the train conductor, he shook his head, and said we were on the wrong train, and

we got off the first stop to catch a train back the other direction.

Well, we got off, and the train left. All there was was a bench and a glass bus kind of shelter from the rain and sun.

When the train left, behind us was a giant expanse of woods. In front of us... a great big, old, run down projects area.

I mean, it looked like a thousand old little box houses, all run down, old junkers in the street. Like a third world country.

Bombed out third world country. Dangerous third world country, but in E. Cleveland.

My Wife and I both looked at each other and said "oops" quietly. Don't think that I wouldn't have loved to have

a gun with me, sitting up on the elevated rr stop, in a glass both.

But, there were no people in the entire poor neighborhood down there, that we ever saw. and about 5 minutes later, another

train came back the other way. She said she wasn't really supposed to stop there, but she knew we didn't

belong or want to be where we were.

I really don't recommend that one. Yeah, I was a good bit worried.

Now, take that situation in the middle of a serious ecomic crash all over the country?

Anyways, buy a gun, learn and practice strict gun safety, never have a loaded gun in the house,

unless it's in a quick open safe near you...that's what I think.

You make some good points there i think i need to go get a concealed carry permit.

You paranoid chimps enjoy your concealed weapons. I just spent our "gun money" on new surfboards. See you out there!

I've got a surfboard with a .357 mag engraved on it! (Not really). The waves in Lake Erie are rarely big enough to surf (sarcasm), but I used to surf in San Diego in the 80's, those were the days.

I just spent our "gun money" on new surfboards. See you out there!

La Jolla is just amazing...

Agreed.

For my 17th bday, Dad took me out of school to go surf Blacks and Windansea for a long weekend in December. Probably my best bday present.

Agreed.

For my 17th bday, Dad took me out of school to go surf Blacks and Windansea for a long weekend in December. Probably my best bday present.

You are 17???

You are 17???

Ha! no. My bad. That was 13 years ago.

Probably should have clarified that it was my best bday present of my life. If I had the lifestyle where that was just one of the presents I got that year, we'd all be drinking in my executive box at CBS every homegame.

Ha! no. My bad. That was 13 years ago.

Probably should have clarified that it was my best bday present of my life. If I had the lifestyle where that was just one of the presents I got that year, we'd all be drinking in my executive box at CBS every homegame.

LOL...I didn't think so, but the way it read it made we wonder, thus prompting the question.

Archived