THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie Close To Being Fired ?

darren15

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I thought the 4-3 was supposed to be the base defense of the Browns, with Garret, Vernon, Richardson an Ogunjobi holding the fort in that defense?

We don't run with 3 linebackers most of the time, as I believe we prefer to use the "heavy nickel" which incorporates 3 safeties. Fair warning, I could be talking out my ass, but I THINK I'm somewhat correct. I mean, think about it...who is our 3rd linebacker out there? I only ever see Wilson and Schobert. 

20 hours ago, browns52 said:

he's made some bad throws no doubt....but as you say, receivers have something to do with it also and probably the oc....ol line blocking issue is definetly another issue....it all adds up....i don't know if we can correct all of the issues at once...we'll see...it's do or die time....

The other thing is this should have been caught in training camp.  Kitchens is to blame for this, no doubt.  Baker's never had problems with throwing to anyone before.  My biggest concern is we might have picked the wrong coach.  Like I said before, I hope i'm wrong.  

34 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

The other thing is this should have been caught in training camp.  Kitchens is to blame for this, no doubt.  Baker's never had problems with throwing to anyone before.  My biggest concern is we might have picked the wrong coach.  Like I said before, I hope i'm wrong.  

there is alot of things that should have been ironed out in training camp....my biggest issue is the discipline....all the foolish penalties...have there been some bad calls...certainly....i don't know what is going on with the refs, however the browns are not the only team that have bad calls against them either...it's all over the league...but the discipline part, that is on the hc.....right now, i don't think he is the man to take the browns anywhere....maybe it changes, who knows...all i know is i am totally friggin frustrated the way things are going, especially the way we ended last season....i thought we'd build on that but obviously we are not...

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I thought the 4-3 was supposed to be the base defense of the Browns, with Garret, Vernon, Richardson an Ogunjobi holding the fort in that defense?

we have been in the 4 2 5 the majority of the time 

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

have there been some bad calls...certainly....i don't know what is going on with the refs, however the browns are not the only team that have bad calls against them either

I didn't see that last holding call on Greg against the Seahawks that crushed us after a Chubb 7 yard run. That one call could have cost us the game because Baker threw that stupid pick afterwards off of Hilliard's hands who didn't catch the bad ball. Did Greg really hold? I heard it was iffy. 

3 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

The Tampa game was startling to me.   Baker was way off, He should have played more the next game.  Bad calls are part of the game, the more complaining the more you will see. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I didn't see that last holding call on Greg against the Seahawks that crushed us after a Chubb 7 yard run. That one call could have cost us the game because Baker threw that stupid pick afterwards off of Hilliard's hands who didn't catch the bad ball. Did Greg really hold? I heard it was iffy. 

hard to say....the way things are now, you can call holding on just about every play....after this season, i hope they ease up on what constitues holding both on the ol and the db's.......way too many flags....

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

we have been in the 4 2 5 the majority of the time 

Well....I saw a stat where the Browns are next to last in the league in rushing yards per game allowed......31st.....the Bengals being 42d. 

So...with the talent on this defense....that bullshit has to fucking change. 

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....I saw a stat where the Browns are next to last in the league in rushing yards per game allowed......31st.....the Bengals being 42d. 

So...with the talent on this defense....that bullshit has to fucking change. 

hopefully we will see some takitaki on the field sunday afternoon

On 10/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, browns52 said:

there is alot of things that should have been ironed out in training camp....my biggest issue is the discipline....all the foolish penalties...have there been some bad calls...certainly....i don't know what is going on with the refs, however the browns are not the only team that have bad calls against them either...it's all over the league...but the discipline part, that is on the hc.....right now, i don't think he is the man to take the browns anywhere....maybe it changes, who knows...all i know is i am totally friggin frustrated the way things are going, especially the way we ended last season....i thought we'd build on that but obviously we are not...

The other thing I noticed is that Ken Zampeze was our QB coach last season.  Now it's Ryan Lindsey.  Perhaps that's what's missing, maybe Ryan just can't get it going.  I'll reserve judgement until after the Patriots game.  If we get blown out, everyone will be pointing fingers.  Also, lets see what Steve Wilkes will do now that we have our secondary back.  If we still stink, then we're going nowhere.... fast.

18 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

The other thing I noticed is that Ken Zampeze was our QB coach last season.  Now it's Ryan Lindsey.  Perhaps that's what's missing, maybe Ryan just can't get it going.  I'll reserve judgement until after the Patriots game.  If we get blown out, everyone will be pointing fingers.  Also, lets see what Steve Wilkes will do now that we have our secondary back.  If we still stink, then we're going nowhere.... fast.

yeah, when you change coaches, there is always concern....thats a good point you bring up.....it can't be good to keep changing coaches yr after yr the way this team does. and that is obvious by the lack of success throughout the yrs.....however some of the coaches we hired is like yikes, someone forgot to do their homework before hiring this guy....happens too often with this team...

20 minutes ago, sekrah said:

Changing QB coaches is not the cause of undiscipline and lack of details across the board.  Let's stop finding excuses for Freddie. It falls on him.

Or is the old "catch all" in many team sports  it's easier to fire one coach or manager than get rid of the team or front office........or ownership?

Yeah ready, aim, fire away!     ;)

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Or is the old "catch all" in many team sports  it's easier to fire one coach or manager than get rid of the team or front office........or ownership?

Yeah ready, aim, fire away!     ;)

The front office isn't there to teach details, that's on the head of the coaching staff. There is plenty of talent on this team, plenty.

If you want to blame the front office for rolling the dice on a complete bozo, you can do that.  But the HC is the reason we look like dogshit. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sekrah said:

The front office isn't there to teach details, that's on the head of the coaching staff. There is plenty of talent on this team, plenty.

If you want to blame the front office for rolling the dice on a complete bozo, you can do that.  But the HC is the reason we look like dogshit. 

Could well be it happens more often than you think when a person who may be good at one level gets promoted to a job he or she just can't handle.

If that's the case do they (not we, we don't own or run the team). basically chuck the season now appoint a temporary coach and start the beauty contest for the next BROWNS head coach?  Would waiting for the end of the season be a better option or not before this move.  Again we don't decide that....but we can voice our opinions.