THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

mjp28

WEEK 7 - SUNDAY FOOTBALL SUNDAY SPECIAL, One man's opinion Baltimore +3.5 at Seattle 4:25 pm and of some interest to the BROWNS?

Well this game just might be interesting to us loyal BROWNS fans and the players, Seattle can help us out a bit but who will win?  :huh:

Russell Wilson has put up monster numbers and has Seattle at 5-1. However, the Seahawks could easily have a losing record, as four of their victories have come by one, two, one and four points. Seattle won those four games by an average of two points! Only once in their last 13 games have the Ravens lost by more than six points. Wilson has been magnificent. 

But so has Lamar Jackson, who is the most improved player in the league while also becoming the best running quarterback in the NFL. Jackson has thrown 11 touchdown passes while rushing for 460 rushing yards and two touchdowns. These teams are a throwback to the modern era by emphasizing a ground attack. Baltimore matches Wilson and Chris Carson with the dynamic Jackson and Mark Ingram. 

The Ravens ranked fourth in run defense through Sunday while Seattle was 11th in stopping the run. The Ravens have an angry Earl Thomas, who had an ugly split with the Seahawks after spending the previous nine years with them. The hard-hitting safety’s thorough knowledge of the Seahawks’ offensive schemes should prove helpful to the Baltimore coaching staff.

Seattle at home, will the quarterbacks decide it or the defense?

SO what to do? EASY again take the blackbirds +3.5 plus a little on the OVER 50 and hope for a Seattle close 1-3 point win.....but don't be shocked if the birds win.   :o

Something that I like to look at other people's predictions......

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-10-18-predictions-for-ravens-vs-seahawks

The Baltimore Sun’s C.J. Doon: “In the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era (since 2012), quarterbacks age 25 or younger are just 2-19 in Seattle. 22-year-old Lamar Jackson will keep the Ravens close, but MVP front-runner Russell Wilson should have no problem dicing up a banged-up Ravens defense relying too much on a crop of recently signed veterans.”

CBS Sports’ John Breech: “Although these two teams are similar, the Seahawks do have one big advantage in this game and that's Russell Wilson. … As for Jackson, he's been good this season, but Wilson has been great. Oh, and Wilson's also been great against AFC teams at home. Since his rookie year in 2012, the Seahawks have gone 14-1 against AFC teams at CenturyLink Field, which means I can't pick the AFC team to win here.”

NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal: “It is disarming to see a Ravens-Seahawks game as a matchup of top-five offenses and mediocre defenses. Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson are the top two fantasy quarterbacks in the land, while Marquise Brown – who missed last week’s game but could return from an ankle injury vs. Seattle – and D.K. Metcalf are two of the top three rookie receivers in yardage.”

Sporting News’ Tadd Haislop: “Neither Baltimore nor Seattle is as great defensively as its brand suggests, especially against the pass, so the team that does a better job hiding its weakness will have the edge.”

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio: A couple of teams with a reputation for defense have potent offenses. Seattle’s is more potent.”

Thomas’ familiarity with Wilson favors the Ravens.

The Ravens will ride their running game to victory.

NFL Network’s Bucky Brooks: “I’m going to go with the Baltimore Ravens in this one. When you go back and look at the kryptonite that has typically plagued the Seattle Seahawks in their Superman formula, it is all about the run game and teams that are committed to just running it at them. Well that’s how the Baltimore Ravens play. The Baltimore Ravens are going to play smash-mouth, old school ball, and I just don’t know if the Seattle Seahawks can stack up. And [Seahawks Head Coach] Pete Carroll has always had problems with mobile quarterbacks.”

Haislop: “The Ravens, spearheaded by Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram, are better equipped to keep the ball moving with a balanced attack to offset the brilliance of Russell Wilson.”

Ravens rookie running back Justice Hill will be a factor.

Baltimore Beatdown’s Taylor Ciotola: “This is a player that will force himself onto the field and that will continue Sunday against the Seahawks to keep them on edge. Justice Hill has the potential to be a lead back on this team when the time is right. The role that he plays now,[comma] is perfect for Lamar Jackson’s development and especially significant to get him into a rhythm when needed. Look for Hill to be used more than any other game this season.”

The Ravens will be able to contain the Seahawks’ strong running game.

NFL Spin Zone’s Samuel Teets: “After starting the season with three mediocre performances, [Seattle running back Chris] Carson has caught fire and posted three straight 100-yard rushing games. ...

However, Carson will be facing a challenge against the Baltimore defense. … Considering how good Baltimore has been against the run this year, Carson will have a hard day breaking loose. Seattle may have to rely more on the passing game as a result.”

Well, Elvira's one-week performance was scary. So we let her go back to her  ... coffin?

And with only two crappy teams playing this week, no need to bring in a celebrity guest this week ... but, in honor of Justin Verlander getting rocked last night,  here's his wife rocking her tits:

giphy.gif

Jacksonville at Cincinnati Sunday, 1:00 PM

When is it OK to feel sorry for Cincinnati? Never. Let them try on 0-16. Gardner Mustache for the win. JAGS 27 BUNGLES 20

Baltimore at Seattle, Sunday 4:25 PM

The Ratbirds may be easiest team in the league, outside of Cincy, to predict. Playing a bad team? They win. Playing a good team? They lose. Seattle good. SEAHAWKS 33 RATBIRDS 17

• Upvote 1

What no CLEVELAND and pitt?  Oh well football goes on.

I'm taking JAX -3.5 at Cinci. -and-. SEA -3.5 vs the blackbirds.....but I think they might shock the world. The magic number in the AFCN is 3.5 again this week.

And for four how about my infatuation with GB -6 vs Oakland. -and-. Washington (no not the Senators) +10 vs San Francisco.

And yes Mrs Verlander is a squirrel. -but-. she has a nice rack.

747498563_KateU22016-07-1507_22_26.jpg.e83746c2d22352c3bf23caf6a5881169.jpg

Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday.    Agree with Z:    Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.

Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I think you picking the Rats to cover is a losing bet.... Looks like the majority of the Talking Heads agree with me...  

Yes it is......but that's why they play  game, on the frozen tundra of seabirds field they line up....., well you know the rest.  :lol:

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Only half the teams in the AFCN playing Sunday.    Agree with Z:    Both Baltimore and the Bengals lose.

Also, I don't know if this will come through.....but speaking of Kate Upton style racks, if you can see this link, this is an actual... unzoomed photo I took while I was gone:

Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing.  Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes, that wildlife can get up close and personal with you. Unusual for a moose to get that close to the road, you usually see them wading around in shallow water browsing.  Last time out in Yellowstone we had a buffalo so close to the car Joe could have reached out the window and petted him.  

That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That also happened to me this past week. A buffalo walked right down the middle of the road following the yellow line. I could have practically reached out and touched him. Was not going to take that chance.

Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? 😉

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

This summer I came across a female moose with almost grown calf standing in a trail and beside it where in was boggy. I was around 20 ft. or so and knew not to make any further moves other than looking for the nearest tree I could jump behind to get it between her and me. She paid me no never mind and kept on munching until she moved off with junior far enough for me to proceed. You don't know how really big they are until you get that close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Did you tell the buffalo about the city of Cleveland's 13 pro football championships? 😉

That might have scared him back to Canada.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

How close do you want to be?  Again, this is an unzoomed photo.  This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.72669895_2754471911232572_51803934442284

5 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I think Zombo posted the rack we all want to see...

OK.....but they are both VERY impressive, no?

And besides....those bouncy boobs of hers brought some good luck because now the Astros have made it to the World Series with their beat down of the Yankees last night:

giphy.gif

Nevertheless, I would like to see the Washington Nationals take the WS.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

How close do you want to be?  Again, this is an unzoomed photo.  This moose was practically on my front bumper. And with that rack he had to be 8 feet tall.72669895_2754471911232572_51803934442284

Yeah, moose are big, we saw one with an even bigger rack than that in Alaska. :) And my pal who lives up there says they're a major driving hazard in the winter. Ya see, moose don't like wading through deep snow. So, those plowed roads are very convenient.  You hit a patch of black ice with one of those guys in front of you, and your car is totaled.  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You wanna know the quickest way to get a Pats to shut the fuck up?  Let them know we won 13 nfl championships.

I wish I were going to the Pats game. Hoping badly we win, but if we lose that's what I would say.

20 minutes ago, Gorka said:

You wanna know the quickest way to get a Pats to shut the fuck up?  Let them know we won 13 nfl championships.

I wish I were going to the Pats game. Hoping badly we win, but if we lose that's what I would say.

Just for your edification :  Browns have won 4 NFL titles, and 4 AAFC titles.  Northeast Ohio has also  won the following NFL titles:   Cleveland Rams  1, Cleveland Bulldogs 1, Canton Bulldogs  2, Akron Pros  1. Those are just the facts.  Do with them what you will. 

And FYI...."New England" has also won a title that does not belong to the Patriots:   The Providence Steamroller also has an NFL title (1928 I believe).  And FYI, where the Patriots stadium is: Foxboro, is actually closer to downtown Providence than it is to downtown Boston.

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, hoorta said:

I think you picking the Rats to cover is a losing bet.... Looks like the majority of the Talking Heads agree with me...  

As a wise man once said "and that's why they play the game".       ;)

On 10/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, mjp28 said:

As a wise man once said "and that's why they play the game".       ;)

lol.... well done...

Taking the Ravens and the points was an easy pick...

... then again so was LAC over TN.... 😮

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I just watched a Seattle WR in the open field literally drop the ball on the ground with nobody around him, Ravens run it back for 6. 

That on top of the gimme pick 6... WTF Seattle?

Dude, I just said same shit. I mean, GOD FORBID somebody roll the effing ball to our defender for an easy touchdown. Good lord can we get some freaking charity one time? 

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol.... well done...

Taking the Ravens and the points was an easy pick...

... then again so to was LAC over TN.... 😮

And pitiful Illinois over Wisconsin (-31) in college.

Oh looks like tour has the weekly lead 9, 8, 8 going into SNF & MNF.  ;)

On 10/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, hoorta said:

dang hoorta.....that wasn't good........those ratbirds put a beating on the hawks....tell the browns defensive coordinator to look at the film of this game and teach his soft defensive to friggen play the way the ravens played today....that was physical on what they did to seattle....damn i wish we could play like that....against a good team....