THE BROWNS BOARD

MERGED THREADS---DA Vs. Quinn

PlaygroundLegend

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's easy to find blemishes if one looks for them. BQ will probably get his turn to be scrutinized at some point.

DA was soooooo horrible in '07....

That the Browns had their first 10 win season since the early 90s...

That they went from averaging 4.75 wins a year over 4 straight years to that 10 win season...

Blah, blah, blah....

You should fricken enjoy the ride when you've got it rather than look for reasons to stop the momentum.

Do you actually watch the games, or do you just look at the outcome to see if the Browns won or lost? In 2007, DA started off the season playing great! And then the team had to find ways to win in spite of him! The second half of the season was horrible! If he'd have played the entire season even remotely close to how he started it, then he wouldn't have been an alternate to the Pro Bowl to begin with. He would have been the starter! But...he fell apart...taking the team and all of the fans' hopes with him! If he can get back to early 2007 form, then great! I doubt you'll hear any true fans complaining that he is our QB. But, until then, he has to earn it. I think Quinn is the better fit for the way this team is going. However, if DA WINS the job in preseason, I will back him 100%...as I have stated numerous times.

Oh..I enjoyed the ride...right up until DA drove us right off a cliff! Not so enjoyable then! Since then, I'm waiting for a new ride to start. We're all waiting to find out who's driving...hoping he gets us to where we all want to go!

The inconsistancy is consistant (if that makes sense). The 10 game winning season (early half good play) was a long time ago.

I'm not saying Quinn will be better but I think we know what DA is by now. BTW, all teams have injuries and breakdowns through an NFL season that they have to play through.

I'm looking forward to Camp, and Most Importantly, Pre-Season games to see how this plays out.

TIME TO "MERGE THREADS" AGAIN :lol:

The inconsistancy is consistant (if that makes sense). The 10 game winning season (early half good play) was a long time ago.

I'm not saying Quinn will be better but I think we know what DA is by now. BTW, all teams have injuries and breakdowns through an NFL season that they have to play through.

I'm looking forward to Camp, and Most Importantly, Pre-Season games to see how this plays out.

TIME TO "MERGE AGAIN" :lol:

Exactly, I don't remember P.Manning blaming the injuries last year...and they had a TON...as they ended up IN THE PLAYOFFS!

It's amazing that a guy can go from looking that good one week to sucking that badly the next.

Its part of what makes us question the guy.

I've noticed, and stated this before, that DA seems to struggle leading the team out of downward trends. i.e., once things start going bad, DA goes bad (often leading the way). In all fairness, its tough to be the guy who leads you through the dark back to the light, but that's a big part of being a QB. Is there any other position in team sports where this responsibility falls so directly?

Archived