THE BROWNS BOARD

And now, for the REST of the STORY

calfoxwc

The Patriots aren't a team that gets a free 14 lead and loses. I hate em...however:

Sep 8, 2019     vs

Pittsburgh    
W 33-3
    1-0
2    Sep 15, 2019     @

Miami    
W 43-0
    2-0
3    Sep 22, 2019     vs

N.Y. Jets    
W 30-14
    3-0
4    Sep 29, 2019     @

Buffalo    
W 16-10
    4-0
5    Oct 6, 2019     @

Washington    
W 33-7
    5-0
6    Oct 10, 2019     vs

N.Y. Giants    
W 35-14
    6-0
7    Oct 21, 2019     @

N.Y. Jets    
W 33-0
    7-0
8    Oct 27, 2019     vs

Cleveland    
W 27-13
8-0

crap. had to get rid of the table formatting....

the first three patriot games were complete hideous blowouts vs the Pitts, Miami, and Jets.

Then they played a tough game vs the Bills.

Then they completely blew out the next three teams,

Washington, Giants and Jets.

And the Browns gave them three turnovers, 14 points, and lost by 14 points. Buffalo lost 16-10.

But take a closer look - the referees favor the patriots. patriots make big money for the NFL.

Why do I say that?

This is why. In the Buffalo game, a steeler laid Josh Allen out on the turf with a flagrant and extremely

violent head on collision HELMET TO HELMET. Like exactly what the NFL wants to stop.

Yeah, the refs threw a flag. NO EJECTION. Now, how in the hedes can that not be "to the level of..." ?

I understand that he's running for a first down. But the NFL is concerned about qb's being injured etc?

If this ever happened to one of the qb stars in the superbowl, you sure as heyl would see the player ejected. He was

being TACKLED at the time. The helmet to helmet hit was absolutely unnecessary and extremely dangerous.

and the Bills still only lost 16-10.

What you are saying is that except for the Bills close loss, the Browns have given the Pats the biggest run for their money......and if it had not been for those (constant) self inflicted wounds, that game could have been quite interesting?

And lets also note this:  that Pats early schedule does sort of resemble an SEC schools non-conference schedule. (cupcake city)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What you are saying is that except for the Bills close loss, the Browns have given the Pats the biggest run for their money......and if it had not been for those (constant) self inflicted wounds, that game could have been quite interesting?

And lets also note this:  that Pats early schedule does sort of resemble an SEC schools non-conference schedule. (cupcake city)

" So you're saying there's a chance"  

- Loyd Christmas

I'm saying the Browns are oh, so very close, but not ready to start winning most of their games vs the better competition.

also, that Kitchens and the coaches did a mighty fine job, I don't care about a few second guesses on Kitchens.

The Browns play as hard as any team in the NFL. Just can't quite click, and I think that is on a lack of talent at both tackle positions,

TE, and maybe? ROG. I know the mistakes are killers. I think a few guys can't remember the snap count because they aren't good at it.

Need new starters there. ("ahem"...Pharoah Brown? LT Robinson?)

I'm saying six other coaches got their arses kicked in a blowout vs the patriots. Getting ANOTHER NEW COACH doesn't fix anything, and hurts everything they've built ....again.

Outside of non-fumbling Chubb, who fumbled twice, and the oline collapsing faster than lightning on a shovel pass... the Browns arguably could have won that game. That isn't on the head coaches already. Some people need to get a grip on the frustration.

and I'm also saying - does anybody think that if Brady was desperately running for a first down, but was being tackled, and a Cleveland Brown popped him helmet to helmet and knocked him out...do you think that Browns' defender would not be ejected out of the game immediated?

read up on it here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-allen-gets-knocked-out-of-patriots-bills-game/vi-AAI1U50

"doesn't rise to the level of..." a referees rear end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

" So you're saying there's a chance"  

- Loyd Christmas

Yes, absolutely. As I noted, the Browns so far have played the last two Super Bowl participants,   another team that is currently 7-0, and your Seapigeons who should be like 7-1.

Among the AFC North, they still have the best record in the division And they just need to beat them and the other bums we have yet to play.   Only the Bills have a decent record (and the ratfuckers whom they already beat.)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, absolutely. As I noted, the Browns so far have played the last two Super Bowl participants,   another team that is currently 7-0, and your Seapigeons who should be like 7-1.

Among the AFC North, they still have the best record in the division And they just need to beat them and the other bums we have yet to play.   Only the Bills have a decent record (and the ratfuckers whom they already beat.)

I hope you are right. The schedule looks pretty easy. I have them 7-2 so I could see 9-0 with a few good breaks.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm saying the Browns are oh, so very close, but not ready to start winning most of their games vs the better competition.

Thank you!   Somebody sees what I see.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

also, that Kitchens and the coaches did a mighty fine job, I don't care about a few second guesses on Kitchens.

.....but the second guessed decisions are slowly starting to pile up.  To me, trying to score multiple times against Seattle at the end of the half.....and going for it on 4th & 16 from your own 20ish is trying to win the game....but it's something to watch.  (he takes blame for the punting unit running onto the field when he felt that they could no longer punt if they wanted to win the game)  Freddie HAS GOT to get this penalty thing fixed.  He's saying that the players have to fix that themselves and hold themselves accountable.  Well, apparently that isn't working and isn't the correct way to fix it.  FREDDIE has to hold them accountable!   No more Mr. Niceguy regarding false starts and alignment penalties!

Adam The Bull was going completely berserk today....pretty much saying that Freddie and Baker stink.  And that he thinks that we're doomed to flounder for the rest of the year.   

Here's my thoughts:

These final 9 games are what we've been waiting for.  They are against teams that are in situations that present themselves as beatable for our Browns.

These final 9 are where we hope to 'learn' how to win football games.

If things go according to plan, the team will improve during this stretch and maybe even gel and win enough to make the playoffs.  And at THAT point they will be in a better position to play the good teams.

Now, if the final 9 games DO NOT go according to plan, then Dorsey has got some work to do and decisions to make.

• Upvote 1

Penalties & stupid mistakes!...Just what DOES our OC coordinate? Sorry folks, but Freddie can't do everything. I do think he should back off play calling, but what does Monken do? For what is he held responsible? Also, where are the positive results from our QB Coach (Ryan Lindley)?

Color me unimpressed by the above.

Mike

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Orion said:

He's saying that the players have to fix that themselves and hold themselves accountable.  Well, apparently that isn't working and isn't the correct way to fix it.  FREDDIE has to hold them accountable!   No more Mr. Niceguy regarding false starts and alignment penalties!

actually, you are correct... I keep seeing butticheck writing in a notebook whenever one of his players does get a dumb penalty. Maybe that was part of Robinson being benched.  It should not be accepted that starters make stupid mistakes. If an offensive lineman is holding and getting called a lot...he has to go. The penalties hurt the team, obviously. It isn't unreasonable for fans to wonder what the heck is going on with the penalties.

Trouble is, the Browns don't have a lot of depth at the offensive line. Right now, our LT isn't killing drives. I like Pharoah Brown...but come on. This one step forward two steps back has got to stop. It does seem to be time to say "if you can't play mostly error free football, go home".

something like that.

• Like 1