THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ Share some of your favorite things about the $tate of ​​​​​​​OHIO 🎄

mjp28

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I worked for awhile with a retired cop from Barberton.  He told me all kinds of stories about it.  GHETTO.

Well, I have worked with cops, judges, lawyers, mayors, councilmen, business owners and every sort of person you can think of from Barberton.   I had an office in the center of Barberton for  25 years.  Its a working class town..and has had its hard times .like so many others in this area.  Pretty much due to Reaganomics.   Not a ghetto. I don't know if you know what a ghetto is is you call Barberton a ghetto. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well on this date in History in 1886 Ohio made it illegal for men 18 or over in positions of teaching or instruction of women to seduce women under their charge for such activities. the penalty for having intercourse with these women regardless of their age was 2-10 years in prison. Now we know where government oppression started.🤰 👨‍🎓

PS-some women used this threat to force marriage on their "oppressor".

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday afternoon......

(CNN) A winning jackpot ticket worth an estimated $515 million was sold in Pennsylvania, Mega Millions announced in a statement following Friday's drawing.

The winning numbers were 6-9-17-18-48, with 8 as the Mega Ball.
The jackpot won in Pennsylvania is the highest amount won in the state since it became a Mega Millions participant in 2010.
The amount was the ninth-largest in Mega Millions history and the largest the game has ever awarded in the month of May, according to the statement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/05/akrons-hoppin-frog-brewery-wins-4-international-medals.html?outputType=amp

Back to the Ohio breweries Fred's been a friend of mine for a long long time.

WSS

Interesting article.

The competition, founded in 1987, attracted more than 2,600 entries from 402 breweries in 26 countries. Judging was blind. (Here’s the list by category.)

Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is at 1680 East Waterloo Road, Akron.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Interesting article.

The competition, founded in 1987, attracted more than 2,600 entries from 402 breweries in 26 countries. Judging was blind. (Here’s the list by category.)

Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is at 1680 East Waterloo Road, Akron.

We met Fred many years ago when there was a chain of thirsty dog brewpubs and he was the brewmaster for all of them. There was some financial mismanagement and the chain went down that he bought a bunch of the brewing equipment and carried on as the hoppin frog. Thirsty dog has revived itself in Akron.

His specialty is double and triple strength starts strong ales and even a burly wine. He prefers not to make the Northwestern IPA style that I really like.

WSS

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

The Akron Rd.  Speedway  is  only about a mile away from my house.  

But it wasn't me who won.  DAMN!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

No word yet on the $515M powerball winning ticket in Pennsylvania.  Since they publish your name there some get a lawyer and set up a trust to protect yourself, smart move. And always sign the ticket in ink immediately in black ink and store it in a safe place. Tell nobody !

Meanwhile in Ohio and what NOT to do in Florida.........

Even after matching all six numbers, I was in disbelief and took my ticket to a retailer to have it checked,” Thomas Yi said. “The clerk at the counter instantly became excited and kept repeating that I had won the $235 million Powerball jackpot. I knew then that this would be life changing.”

Screenshot_2021-06-07_085324.jpg

I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I remember when the lottery first started in the 70's.  The jackpot was much smaller then.  I came within one number of winning one million.  

My father in law  got  5 of the 6 numbers.  With all 6 it would have been a minimum of  3 million.  As it was, I think he won  $1500. 

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Oh yes I remember the Buckeye 300 with a grand prize of $300,000 a big deal back then.

The current race between the mega millions and the powerball is now designed to hit 🎯 a $1 Billion and it has done that.  Money.

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Akron Rd.  Speedway  is  only about a mile away from my house.  

But it wasn't me who won.  DAMN!!

I was wondering if that was in your neighborhood, nice little jackpot $163,000 or about $112,470 after withholding (+/-).   Not bad for $1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...