THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ Share some of your favorite things about the $tate of ​​​​​​​OHIO 🎄

mjp28

My favorite thing about the state of Ohio are the plethora of parks and nature reserves we have... I'm an avid Hiker.. So I enjoy these Parks immensely. I'm heading down to Hocking Hills on the 12th.. I can't wait!...

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, FairHooker11 said:

lake plata twinsburg 

943637_4826833749567_474582001_n.jpg

I haven't been there since I was a kid... I wondered if that place was still around... We used to go to Holiday Sands too... Went to Clay's park last year and had a royal blast...

On 6/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, nickers said:

I haven't been there since I was a kid... I wondered if that place was still around... We used to go to Holiday Sands too... Went to Clay's park last year and had a royal blast...

Same, I guess it's long gone and replaced with homes...

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ♠︎ Share some of your favorite things about the grand State of ​​​​​​​OHIO 🎄
  • 1 month later...

^ ^ ^ ^  --->   Was that in/near Parma,  my godparents lived there across from a elementary or junior high school  with a really steep driveway in front  And a very, very deep lot which ended up by a swimming pool/ recreation  area in back

The pool fence ended on their property and we as kids could walk around it and go in......if we wanted to. 

A super high hill which was great for sled riding.     Great times in Parma,  Ohio. 

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

^ ^ ^ ^  --->   Was that in/near Parma,  my godparents lived there across from a elementary or junior high school  with a really steep driveway in front  And a very, very deep lot which ended up by a swimming pool/ recreation  area in back

The pool fence ended on their property and we as kids could walk around it and go in......if we wanted to. 

A super high hill which was great for sled riding.     Great times in Parma,  Ohio. 

Cleveland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious too, how many of you have "Dream On plans"  if you won some windfall money  ?  Serious money gifts ?  

........  edit add,  OH my wife had to go to GE, Giant Eagle and there were zero people in line for the lottery  We thought there would be more interest. 

Got my 5 extra $1 billion winning tickets  the winner is in there.  :huh:

" We're making a list checking it twice.

The big lottery jackpot is coming to Boardman Ohio  that's nice."   

Yeah dream on.   :lol:

• mjp28 changed the title to ♠︎ Share some of your favorite things about the grand $tate of ​​​​​​​OHIO 🎄
  • 1 month later...

We have   ONE   winning ticket sold in Maine  !   The estimated payout is about    $1,35 BILLION   or about    $707.9  MILLION    cash before taxes for about  (+/-)   $460  MILLION    take home cash.     Wow, some paycheck.     :o

The winning numbers were drawn Friday night for the Mega Millions jackpot that has surged to $1.35 billion, the second-largest in the game's history, and one ticket in Maine has matched all of the numbers to win.

The winning numbers were 30, 43, 45, 36, 61 and the megaball was 14.

The Mega Millions jackpot has now reset to $20 million for Tuesday's drawing -- which means there has been at least one ticket to match all numbers drawn, according to the Mega Millions website.

The Mega Millions jackpot was won by one person in Maine with 14 $2 million winners hailing from California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.

“Congratulations to the Maine State Lottery, which has just won its first-ever Mega Millions jackpot,” said Ohio Lottery Director Pat McDonald, Lead Director for the Mega Millions Consortium. “It’s the fourth billion-dollar jackpot in Mega Millions history. We thank all our retailers for their hard work during this spectacular run, and our customers for their enthusiasm and support. I hope the fun and excitement Mega Millions has generated inspires a winning attitude in our daily lives and towards everyone we meet. Here’s to a good year!”

The only Mega Millions jackpot larger than Friday's prize is the $1.537 billion prize won in South Carolina on Oct. 23, 2018.

The prize is also now the fourth-largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history. Last November's $2.04 billion prize, taken by a single winner in California, is the largest in U.S. history.

The lump sum cash option payout for Friday's drawing is $707.9 million -- before taxes.

Tuesday night's winning numbers were 7, 13, 14, 15 and 18 and the Mega Ball number was 9.

• 4 months later...

We were there for a H.S. reunion (can't go to Venezuela for that) last fall with a drive during the height of the leaf colors change from Columbus to the heart of Amish country in Wilmot, Ohio. We did not have enough time to visit up Canton or Cleveland way unfortunately since we were scheduled to go to Italy the following week. But what a great colorful drive back and forth from the Columbus airport. And we had sunny days when we flew in and out which was a truly impressive view of Ohio during the fall leaf time of the year. I can see why many of you love your state so much.

• Like 1

If your in these area's Tuesday or Wednesday? 

Frank's shows are well worth seeing live ! 

schedule_2018.thumb.jpg.f99e89cec9b73561e23cc94564e55287.jpg

Jun 20

7:00 pm

Columbus, OH

Columbus Funny Bone

Jun 21

7:30 pm

Cleveland, OH

Hilarities 4th Street Theater

https://cleveland.events/dates/1404-hilarities-4th-street-theatre-at-pickwick-frolic-jun-21-2023-7-30-pm/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a trip up to a browns game a few years ago, we stopped at the Warther Museum in Dover, Ohio.

It was fantastic.  He was maybe the worlds best wood carver.  His specialty was carving trains.  All to scale.  I also picked up a really dandy kitchen knife set which they make on site.

If you have a little time, make the trip to Dover.  You won't be disappointed.

https://thewarthermuseum.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, gumby73 said:

If your in these area's Tuesday or Wednesday? 

Frank's shows are well worth seeing live ! 

schedule_2018.thumb.jpg.f99e89cec9b73561e23cc94564e55287.jpg

Jun 20

7:00 pm

Columbus, OH

Columbus Funny Bone

Jun 21

7:30 pm

Cleveland, OH

Hilarities 4th Street Theater

https://cleveland.events/dates/1404-hilarities-4th-street-theatre-at-pickwick-frolic-jun-21-2023-7-30-pm/

He's funny but I don't think his impersonations are all that convincing.. Fred Travalina was/is 10x's better IMHO..

On 6/30/2023 at 8:56 AM, ballpeen said:

On a trip up to a browns game a few years ago, we stopped at the Warther Museum in Dover, Ohio.

It was fantastic.  He was maybe the worlds best wood carver.  His specialty was carving trains.  All to scale.  I also picked up a really dandy kitchen knife set which they make on site.

If you have a little time, make the trip to Dover.  You won't be disappointed.

https://thewarthermuseum.com/

Been there a few times - we took family and different friends...

it is fascinating. Some of the trains have thousands of individually carved parts. Just incredible. His son has a shop - carves/carved sailing ships....

https://warther.org/Carvings.php

https://www.ideastream.org/news/community/2019-04-06/david-warther-carves-the-history-of-sailing-ships

• Like 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Been there a few times - we took family and different friends...

it is fascinating. Some of the trains have thousands of individually carved parts. Just incredible. His son has a shop - carves/carved sailing ships....

https://warther.org/Carvings.php

https://www.ideastream.org/news/community/2019-04-06/david-warther-carves-the-history-of-sailing-ships

The sons shop which is maybe 5-10 miles down the road was closed the day we were there.  We would have stopped there as well if we could have.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted 25 minutes ago · IP  (edited)
  1 hour ago, Axe said:

405430099_10159100898796511_3301330159951346579_n.jpg.b0809e98d468eed636cae18863d99988.jpg

Expand  

And she survives very well for  77 years,  January 19, 1946  and about  4½  years older than my  body 73,  September 28, 1950 I must say !   :lol:

......  edit  .....   And even for sure than one  Mr Donald J  Trump  77 years  June 14, 1946.    She wins hands down on both.

" It's not the age in years,  it's the miles ..... baby !    It's the miles ! "

Edited 17 minutes ago by mjp28
77, 77, 73 hands down.

" It's not the age in years,  it's the miles ..... baby !      It's  the  miles ! "     :D

......  77,  77,  73  ......

8 hours ago, syd said:

dolly is from ohio ? 

didnt know that

Not Ohio she is 100% from Tennessee,  Dolly Parton ( 100% born on January 19, 1946, in Locust Ridge, Tennessee, U.S.) 

• 1 month later...

Results for Top 10 U.S. jackpots ... #10 just hit !  Nice !

■  Here are the nation's all-time top 10 Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots, according to powerball.com:

1. $2.04 billion, Powerball — Nov. 7, 2022; Cal. <--●  the only  $2B winner .... serious jack !
  2. $1.765 billion, Powerball — Oct. 11, 2023; California.
  3. $1.586 billion, Powerball — Jan. 13, 2016; Cal. Fla. Tenn. <--●  divided by 3, still nice.
  4. $1.58 million, Mega Millions — Aug. 8, 2023; Florida.
  5. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions — Oct. 23, 2018; South Carolina.
  6. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions — Jan. 13, 2023; Maine.
  7. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions — July 29, 2022; Illinois.
  8. $1.08 billion, Powerball — July 19, 2023; California.
  9. $1.05 billion, Mega Mill. Jan. 22, 2021; Mich. <--●  above (7)  single $1B winners, nice ! !
  10. $842 million, Powerball — Jan. 1, 2024; Mich.  <--●   there it is  "losers",  lol.   I could dig  $800M  ! !

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ Share some of your favorite things about the $tate of ​​​​​​​OHIO 🎄