THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker attacks Cleveland media, walks out

Icecube

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't have a single problem with what he did.  What he did is what he does.  He is Baker being Baker, and if he were otherwise then that would be phony.

I don't have a single problem with what Charles Manson did. What he did is what he does. It's just Charlie being Charlie. Otherwise he would be a phony. Dude really?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

And it is YOUR problem to deal with it.  Not his.

I don't recall storming off after someone asked me a question today... so apparently it is HIS problem, not mine.

But "HIS EDGE IS WHAT MAKES BAKER, BAKER" is an awesome comeback. Well his edge has him as one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL right now. 

1 minute ago, CoachToad said:

I don't have a single problem with what Charles Manson did. What he did is what he does. It's just Charlie being Charlie. Otherwise he would be a phony. Dude really?

Well, you are a dick for comparing what Mayfield did with what Manson did.  But I don't have a problem if you want to be a dick:   However, you are one fucked up Dude if you do not have a problem with what Manson did. 

Seriously, think about what you say sometimes. 

38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well I knew this would be decisive, and I totally respect everyone's opinion. For me, I'm glad Baker essentially told that grumpy S.O.B. to piss off. For far too long he's had to endure this crappy line of questioning from shitty reporters, and you know what...he shouldn't HAVE to answer a question like, "Was it disappointing not to score?" Give me a break. 

One thing I'll say about Baker is that if he feels slighted by a person, he will never let them back in. He holds a grudge longer than my wife and perhaps he should grow up, but perhaps that's who he is. The good news is that winning will stop this nonsense, and they get a chance to move forward Sunday.

Winning always cures a lot of bad things.  -but-.  good luck in snowy and cold DDDDenver.

Continued losing perpectuates losing. 

33847414_181545769349305_3268033765053562880_n (1).jpg

• Haha 1

Look at his numbers. Look at the wins. He needs to win then he is eccentric. Until then he is just a panic filled douche. Winners don't act like that. You are so used to losing , you don't know the difference. His team sees him coming unhinged. He has thrown twice as many pics as TDs and only won 2 games this year. What the hell has he done to be so arrogant. Oh that's right. It is panic, fear, not arrogance.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I don't recall storming off after someone asked me a question today... so apparently it is HIS problem, not mine.

But "HIS EDGE IS WHAT MAKES BAKER, BAKER" is an awesome comeback. Well his edge has him as one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL right now. 

No...it is NOT his problem.  Not at all.  You are  one (among others) with   your panties in a bunch over it. Baker does not have to deal with your panties. Those are your problem.  You can either  walk around with panties up your crack, or reach down and straighten them out...or go commando. Whatever you choose, I suspect Baker could care less.  And it is not his edge that has him playing poorly...it is many other factors.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you are a dick for comparing what Mayfield did with what Manson did.  But I don't have a problem if you want to be a dick:   However, you are one fucked up Dude if you do not have a problem with what Manson did. 

Seriously, think about what you say sometimes. 

The point is people's actions have consequences. You can't just say that is them being them and that magically makes it ok. If your behaviour is bad for your team you need to knock it off. C'mon man. Really?

2 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Look at his numbers. Look at the wins. He needs to win then he is eccentric. Until then he is just a panic filled douche.

That is just ignorant.  The same behavior is eccentric if you win, and douche if you lose.  Explain that.  It is the SAME fucking behavior....it is just your attitude toward it that differs.  Do you really think that Baker acting like a choir boy will cause him to win more better?  It won't.

Winners don't act like that.

Actually, many of them do.  Many of them.  The difference is you excuse the behavior because of the wins.

You are so used to losing , you don't know the difference.

I haven't lost  in a sporting event in a game since High School.

His team sees him coming unhinged.

You don't know that.  Again, that is just your biased perception that you are placing on these events.  What you are saying is that every QB, every player that expresses his hate for losing is coming unhinged.  I hope he stays unhinged for the rest of the year...because that will mean he will still hate losing.  When he discontinues his hate for losing...THEN is when we have to worry about him.

He has thrown twice as many pics as TDs and only won 2 games this year. What the hell has he done to be so arrogant. Oh that's right. It is panic, fear, not arrogance.

Well, again, there it is, your misperception:  despite losing, he still may have confidence.  Again, just like above, if he loses that arrogance, then he will lose what makes him capable.  And it is not panic and fear perhaps...but just, again, hate of losing.   Just because the coaching and the OL and some other aspects of the game around him are poor, does not mean that a player should give up his confidence in himself.  What he needs to do is to NOT give up the arrogance.....but to be more self aware and self analytical of himself to be aware of  the errors and mistakes that he has in his game, and to attempt to correct those.  It would also make a difference if he had some help...from his coaching.  That, to me, is a far greater factor than his arrogance, and his hate of losing.

9 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

The point is people's actions have consequences. You can't just say that is them being them and that magically makes it ok. If your behaviour is bad for your team you need to knock it off. C'mon man. Really?

But  THIS behavior is NOT hurting the team.   Being complacent  about losing would not help this team.  You all want him to be some kind of dullard in the face of adversity.  You apparently would have wanted us to give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. (forget it, I'm on a roll).  If you want us Browns fans to advocate that our players put their tails between their legs and give up on this season...you have come to the wrong place.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

BTW, Kitchens called and wants to know if you are going to continue to be his personal trainer.

Not sure where you are coming up with this, as it seems a total non sequitor, even as some effort at parallelisn,   because that is not my problem to deal with.  

Ok. I have coached arhletes for 30 years. This is Ryan Leaf, Jeff George behaviour. I gaurantee you his team is wondering and worried about him. You are way out on a limb. You honestly believe this is productive behaviour? That is a ridiculous position. Find me a winning coach that agrees that this is good behaviour for him and his team right now. The rats are ready to leave the ship. He needs to be calm and confident. He acts and is playing in panic mode.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Not sure where you are coming up with this, as it seems a total non sequitor, even as some effort at parallelisn,   because that is not my problem to deal with.  

Lol. I know about your gym beast ways!

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But  THIS behavior is NOT hurting the team.   Being complacent  about losing would not help this team.  You all want him to be some kind of dullard in the face of adversity.  You apparently would have wanted us to give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. (forget it, I'm on a roll).  If you want us Browns fans to advocate that our players put their tails between their legs and give up on this season...you have come to the wrong place.

You are right. They have been awesome! Great point! These guys are being led to the promsed land. We need more Mayfield magic.

You act like your team needs you to. That is not being complacent. That is being an adult and a good teammate. 

Ok. I have coached arhletes for 30 years.

Which don't mean shite to us. 

This is Ryan Leaf, Jeff George behaviour. I gaurantee you his team is wondering and worried about him.

Guarantee?  Show any comments by any Browns player where they say that.

You are way out on a limb. You honestly believe this is productive behaviour? That is a ridiculous position.

I don't know if it is productive:  being smarter at executing would be something that would be productive behavior.  But your apparent believe that he expressing a disdain for losing is unproductive behavior is ridiculous, and the attitude of a loser.  (I suppose your coaching record with that attitude must have rivalled Bert Bell and Hue Jackson's records)

Find me a winning coach that agrees that this is good behaviour for him and his team right now.

Well....we will have to find that winning coach elsewhere, now won't we.   Find me a winning coach that feels it is OK for his players to be complacent about losing.....and...well...you won't find one.

The rats are ready to leave the ship. He needs to be calm and confident. He acts and is playing in panic mode.

Well...YOU are conflating two things.  Any team that gets behind by 17 points has to go into panic mode if the expect to come back. After all those early mistakes, it seems to me that he settled down pretty well and righted the ship.  You again, confuse the need to be urgent due to adversity with your desire to have players be complacent about losing. 

If you cant' figure out the difference between complacency and team focused behaviour, then you don't know about leading athletes. You can't read that on a chart or stat sheet dude. You are really on an island on this. This is not fantasy football. This is about leadership.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He could care less? Like if he really tried, he could care more? 

Besides he probably had a Progressive photo shoot coming up and he was very nervous.    :lol:

I've tried to look the other way on all of this "stuff" but it is getting hard(er) to do.

Only an immediate winning streak will put these flames out.   Period.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mjp28 said:

Besides he probably had a Progressive photo shoot coming up and he was very nervous.    :lol:

I've tried to look the other way on all of this "stuff" but it is getting hard(er) to do.

Exactly. You can be a Brown's fan and not like this behaviour. That does not make you disloyal. This is not productive. 

6 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

You are right. They have been awesome! Great point! These guys are being led to the promsed land. We need more Mayfield magic.

You act like your team needs you to. That is not being complacent. That is being an adult and a good teammate. 

You are one feculent fool,  aren't you.  

Yes, we DO need more Mayfield magic.  The kind that he has shown that he is capable of.  Not the guy that is making the bad mistakes.  

And I guaranfuckingdamntee you that this team knows that they need him to be that guy.  

Maybe in your coaching career you were blase about losing. But,  Again, please discontinue this whole transference thing you have going where you assign your own shortcomings and failures on to others. 

Baker just hates to lose.   Savvy Ingles?

Exactly. You can be a Brown's fan and not like this behaviour. That does not make you disloyal. This is not productive. 

Too many people on this board equate being a homer with being a "true Browns fan". 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

Yes, we DO need more Mayfield magic.  The kind that he has shown that he is capable of.  Not the guy that is making the bad mistakes.  

And I guaranfuckingdamntee you that this team knows that they need him to be that guy.  

Maybe in your coaching career you were blase about losing. But,  Again, please discontinue this whole transference thing you have going where you assign your own shortcomings and failures on to others. 

We all hate to lose. Your big words do not mean that you know how to lead arhletes. 1) I want the Browns to win. 2) I want Mayfield to be successful 3) i disagree with his recent behaviour and believe it is bad for the team. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Who the fuck likes to lose? What a stupid argument to make... like Baker is some kind of oddity who hates to lose. 

What can't be argued is that he can't seem to handle losing. His skin is paper-thin now. 

Gipper is to busy with his thesaurus to inderstand that. He is setting his fantasy football lineup as we speak. He is all alone on an island. Wow.

3 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

If you cant' figure out the difference between complacency and team focused behaviour, then you don't know about leading athletes. You can't read that on a chart or stat sheet dude. You are really on an island on this. This is not fantasy football. This is about leadership.

It IS about leadership.    and yes, absolutely, this team needs to be more focused, and more disciplined.  But that has fuck all to do with what Baker did in an interview.  

Hating to lose is one form or leadership (better than the alternate that you apparently advocate).  Like you said, you can't measure a player's heart on a chart or stat sheet.  Baker's heart and his desire to win are first rate. (he does not have a Grinch sized heart that you apparently want).    If he happens to show more passion and anger over losing....if he shows his emotions on his shirt sleeves, well, that is just his personality.   But, apparently you prefer that he be Ben Stein like.

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Exactafucking mundo.   All it takes is a winning streak.  Play smarter, play better, execute properly.  What it does NOT take is a directive to "subdue your passion for the game and subdue your disdain for losing".  The exact same behavior would not even be an issue if they did not lose some of these games.

So, instead of saying to Baker:  play and act robotically and unemotionally, tell him: eliminate the mistakes.....and have the coaches and the rest of the team help you there

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I hope it's not like the fist quarter magic like in New England and spotting the best team in football a 17-0 lead...... just sayin'.

Si yo hablo un poco de Espanol......but I'm much better at Ingles.  ¿Si como no?  Eh?

9 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

We all hate to lose. Your big words do not mean that you know how to lead arhletes. 1) I want the Browns to win. 2) I want Mayfield to be successful 3) i disagree with his recent behaviour and believe it is bad for the team. 

Well. the recent behavior that is bad for the team are the mistakes and the bad decisions that are made on the field.  Walking out of an interview because of continuing moronic questioning is NOT the behavior that is bad for the team. (and really? big words?  I don't know about that....but then, as a coach, you were apparently a jock.  I guess I just concentrated more on academics such that normal parlance to me would constitue "big words" to you)

It IS about leadership.    and yes, absolutely, this team needs to be more focused, and more disciplined.  But that has fuck all to do with what Baker did in an interview.  

Hating to lose is one form or leadership (better than the alternate that you apparently advocate).  Like you said, you can't measure a player's heart on a chart or stat sheet.  Baker's heart and his desire to win are first rate. (he does not have a Grinch sized heart that you apparently want).    If he happens to show more passion and anger over losing....if he shows his emotions on his shirt sleeves, well, that is just his personality.   But, apparently you prefer that he be Ben Stein like.

You don't have a clue what I am advocating. I will give you a hint couch fan. 1) demonstrate confidence and accountability 2) live in the film room 3) be the 1st in the facility and last out every day 4) never lose your cool with the media in public. Always demonstrate control 5) never show up your team in public 6) hold your team accountable 7) Act like a winner, talk winning, preach winning until you win. 😎 love your teammates unconditionally.

To win you have to have a process that you execute. It is a result or consequence of circumstances that you create. It is not something that just happens.