THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 11 TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULE - some interesting top 25 matchups this week....and more.

mjp28

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe but I don’t see one do you?

Still a lot to come out, a lot of research for teams to do. Tua and Burrow look legit 

You're also the guy that spent all year knowing Nick Bosa would go number 1... and then he didn't. For the exact reason I was telling you all year. But that conflicted with Buckeye homerism so clearly it didn't matter...

At the end of the day a QB is much more valuable than a DE. A team is going to draft a QB they think is a franchise player before taking an elite DE (assuming they need the QB)

And on the college pickem. mjp 13-3 Woody 12-4 going into the evening games and only TWO we differ on in the next 7 up before the two late night games.  Should be fun.

• Like 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

LSU gets the nod in my book.   tOSU being at @ 2 is perfectly fine by me.      

Hoping the playoff committee has the courage to drop Bama more than just 1 or 2 spots.

If LSU gets #1 ALA will get 3 or 4.  Oh and The Ohio State University at mighty Rutgers, PSU at home, then the game in Michigan.    Happy holidays!

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If LSU gets #1 ALA will get 3 or 4.  Oh and The Ohio State University at mighty Rutgers, PSU at home, then the game in Michigan.    Happy holidays!

Why does Alabama deserve to be top 4?  They have 1 loss, a near 50 point disaster at home, mind you.     This against their first ranked team of the season, correct?

Meanwhile... Minnesota just beat a top 10 team at home and was handling them 3/4 of the game.  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Why does Alabama deserve to be top 4?  They have 1 loss, a near 50 point disaster at home, mind you.       

Meanwhile Minnesota just beat a top 10 team at home and was handling them 3/4 of the game.  

"SEC". They just will or I'll be shocked if they were even #5.  It was a good game vs a good team #1 or 2, it will count.

The players:. (the AP or CFB are the same top teams)

1 LSU (17) 8-0 1479  1
2 Alabama (21) 8-0 1472 2
3 Ohio State (17) 8-0 1467 3
4 Clemson (7) 9-0 1406 4.... looks like Clemson/Georgia battle it out for 4/5 barring a huge upset
5 Penn State 8-0 1306 5....out
6 Georgia 7-1 1196

On 11/9/2019 at 9:00 AM, gumby73 said:

my draft scouting start today at 3:30 LSU/Bama.

As is, the Browns sit with #7/#39/#71 as top 3 draft picks. Guys to watch 👀 

LSU S-Grant Delpit (#10)  2 solo tackles//missed on 3

Bama LB-Dylan Moses (#20) did not play

Bama OT-Jeddick Wills (#28) this guys draft stock will rise

Bama LT-Alex Leatherwood (#29) likable if drops to browns 2nd round

Bama IDL Raekwon Davis (#30) 2 tackles 1 solo..missed 2, but a darn good space eater inside

Bama S Xavier McKinney (#33) this kid is a damn star. book it ..14 tackles/13 solo..2 sacks..4 TFL..1 FF, and ran Tua everywhere all game

^^ Football Gods love a College match-up like these & me too.. W0W!!

Add Bama Trevon Diggs with 10 tackles, 9 being solo tackles as a guy to watch, but missed the game saving tackle while missing the rip & strip as well on Helaire in the end.. 

Tua has the QB guts of football..but those ankles may never heal.. 21 of 40 with 1 pick. 4 TD's 418 yards!  

Joe Burrow 31 of 39 for 393 yards! with 3 TD's Joe Cool never blinked..

Great College footbal Game !! aye

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It shouldn't be close at all.... 

One thing LSU might get some of ALA's #1 votes to push them ahead of OSU.  I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

2 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Well he was.  He’s a mobile qb,  he’s not a runner per say,  but it’s a big part of his passing game.  And that threat to run sucks those dbs up.  

Means little.  The SEC is the only conference where a loss counts as a win to some.   

6th... maybe 7th would be about right. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Still a lot to come out, a lot of research for teams to do. Tua and Burrow look legit 

You're also the guy that spent all year knowing Nick Bosa would go number 1... and then he didn't.

I don't think so. I may have quoted numerous, numerous publications that thought he should go #1...and by all the looks of it, he SHOULD have gone #1....he is not only being touted for defensive rookie of the year, he is being touted for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.  The ONLY reason he  didn't go #1...but instead went #2 is because of the aberration of the Cardinals wanting to go with a gimmicky player to go along with their gimmicky HC and offensive system.

For the exact reason I was telling you all year. But that conflicted with Buckeye homerism so clearly it didn't matter...

Like I said,  like 99 out of 100 draft prognosticators felt the Bosa should be #1.  Were all 99 of those guys all Buckeye homers.

At the end of the day a QB is much more valuable than a DE.

As a general rule, yes....

A team is going to draft a QB they think is a franchise player before taking an elite DE (assuming they need the QB)

Again, generally, yes.  But last year, the Cards wanted a player to fit their team's HCs  fluky system, it still remains to be see it that is going to work.   And this year, as I said  I DON'T SEE that franchise QB. No one before like today ever saw Burrows as a possible #1 pick.  I still think he is a game manager type QB.  I personally never saw Tua as a top of the order guy.  Mid first, maybe. Who else?  Herbert.  Good player,  top 10-15.  

But, again, according to most top prospect prognisticators, Young should be considered the favorite for the #1 overall pick.....same as last year for Bosa.  Or, again, do you think all these prognosticators from  Walter football to CBS to ESPN, to McShay and Kiper etc. etc. etc. are all Buckeye homers. 

Or, do they, unlike you, just look at talent and not look at it with haterism eyes, as you do.

Per fansided.com,   top  draft prospects:

• Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State.
  • Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama.
  • Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn.
  • Grant Delpit, S, LSU.
  • Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia.
  • Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State.
  • CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma.
  • Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama.

Per CBS sports:

1 Chase Young Ohio St. Jr EDGE 1 6-5 265    
2 Jeff Okudah Ohio St. Jr CB 1 6-1 200    
3 Jerry Jeudy Alabama Jr WR 1 6-1 192    
4 Andrew Thomas Georgia Jr OL 1 6-5 320    
5 Tua Tagovailoa Alabama Jr QB 1 6-1 218    
6 Joe Burrow LSU Sr QB 2 6-4 216    
7 Isaiah Simmons Clemson Jr S 1 6-4 230    
8 Grant Delpit LSU Jr S 2 6-3 203    
9 CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma Jr WR 2 6-2 189    
10 Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL 1 6-6 310  

Per Draftek:

ank CNG Prospect College P1 Ht Wt P2 BIO
1 -- Tua Tagovailoa Alabama QB 6'1" 218   BIO
2 -- Chase Young Ohio State EDGE 6'5" 265   BIO
3 player up arrow ranking+50 Joe Burrow LSU QB 6'4" 216   BIO
4 player up arrow ranking+10 Derrick Brown Auburn DL1T 6'5" 318 DL3T BIO
5 player down arrow ranking -1 Justin Herbert Oregon QB 6'6" 225   BIO
6 player down arrow ranking -1 Jerry Jeudy Alabama WRF 6'1" 192   BIO
7 player up arrow ranking+19 Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State CB 6'1" 200   BIO
8 player down arrow ranking -2 Andrew Thomas Georgia OT 6'5" 320   BIO
9 player up arrow ranking+4 Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State EDGE 6'4" 262   BIO
10 -- Laviska Shenault Colorado WRF 6'2" 220   BIO

I would take Burrow over Tua any day. He does not take lose lightly and always finds a way to win. That was one hellofa game between 'em yesterday. Lived up to it's billing. I suspect either OSU or Clemson will have to go through both of those teams for the NC this year. Nobody else is good enough. Penn St. lost their shot yesterday.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Means little.  The SEC is the only conference where a loss counts as a win to some.   

6th... maybe 7th would be about right. 

The SEC bias has always been strong, this year will prove to be no different.

47 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I would take Burrow over Tua any day.

I’ve been watching Burrow since he was in high school.

IMO, he’s the best QB in college football...too bad Ohio State couldn’t see that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

NFL is biased too because they draft such a disproportionate number from the SEC every year.   LOL!

IMO, he’s the best QB in college football...too bad Ohio State couldn’t see that.

There was a dearth of QBs at LSU, the key ingredient between them and a path past Alabama. He filled it perfectly.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

OSU knew he was a great quarterback. -but- already had a Heisman level QB in place that perfectly fit their system and Joe Burrow didn't want to sit so he transferred.

Don't worry the way things are lining up right now we all may get to see young Mr Burrow again up close and personal vs The Ohio State University in the National Championship Game.

College football you gotta love it!

(oh and the SEC is the best top to bottom conference in NCAA football, thank goodness for the BUCKEYES)