THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Bills

Orion

Browns Bills
rushing 121 129.4
passing 225 206.6

run def 141.2 111.6
pass def 184.6 216.2

The Bills run the ball pretty well / game.   And we're so bad against the run that teams don't have to pass so much against us.   Another tough defense for us to try and move down the field on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:
  Browns Bills
rushing 121 129.4
passing 225 206.6

run def 141.2 111.6
pass def 184.6 216.2

The Bills run the ball pretty well / game.   And we're so bad against the run that teams don't have to pass so much against us.   Another tough defense for us to try and move down the field on.

Doesn't look good, but I'll also say Buffalo's combined record of their opposition is like 6-40 or something insane like that. Obviously our record falls in line with that, but we're better than 2-6, I know it. 

• Like 1

I watched the second half of the Eagles Bills game.

The Eagles basically ran the ball and walked up and down the field. 

The Eagles offensive line is top 5, but they ran pretty much behind the guards up the gut. 

I gotta imagine that Tretter and Bitonio could hold their own, and our RB’s are much better than the Eagles. 

That really should be the game plan. But I’m sure Freddie will go Shotgun spread the entire game and we will get called for hold after hold. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Doesn't look good, but I'll also say Buffalo's combined record of their opposition is like 6-40 or something insane like that. Obviously our record falls in line with that, but we're better than 2-6, I know it. 

Tuna: "You are what your record says you are." I agree with that quote but I understand what you're saying too.

Also, Bills gave NE all they could handle. Yes, I know Balt. just beat them, but they were 8-0 before that so the Pats are a good team. Bill gave them a much closer game than da Browns did. I have no idea how Browns are favored by 3 in this one; it should be a pick 'em game at best.  

6 hours ago, hx214 said:

I watched the second half of the Eagles Bills game.

The Eagles basically ran the ball and walked up and down the field. 

The Eagles offensive line is top 5, but they ran pretty much behind the guards up the gut. 

I gotta imagine that Tretter and Bitonio could hold their own, and our RB’s are much better than the Eagles. 

That really should be the game plan. But I’m sure Freddie will go Shotgun spread the entire game and we will get called for hold after hold. 

Yeah, Bills run d is bad, I see a big day for Chubb and maybe Hunt. Allen is a poor QB, if we contain their running game we should win going away

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

i wish i could say the same, but we are what are record is....yes on paper on the offensive skilled postion we look better, but we underperformed...the ol stinks, the dl really really stinks...the db's are soft...i don't see it where we are better...wish we were....

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Tuna: "You are what your record says you are." I agree with that quote but I understand what you're saying too.

Also, Bills gave NE all they could handle. Yes, I know Balt. just beat them, but they were 8-0 before that so the Pats are a good team. Bill gave them a much closer game than da Browns did. I have no idea how Browns are favored by 3 in this one; it should be a pick 'em game at best.  

we have not won a home game yet this yr....maybe the oddsmakers are thinking law of averages...thats the only thing i can see because i don't think we are better than they are at all....

32 minutes ago, crunchy said:

Yeah, Bills run d is bad, I see a big day for Chubb and maybe Hunt.  The numbers above show that WE have the bad run D.

Allen is a poor QB  A QB making his first NFL start beat us last week.

6 hours ago, hx214 said:

But I’m sure Freddie will go Shotgun spread the entire game and we will get called for hold after hold. 

We really SHOULD try to make a better effort to run the ball this week.  I know that you have to pass in the NFL....but let's just try to get a win any ol' way we can at this point....and if we can make the run work, then let's do that.

The Browns should win handily but they are falling apart. The players continue to do stupid stuff in the media and the play calling is stupid.  The team is imploding and people are in denial. We are losing to teams thatcare a joke. The Broncos? Really? With a practice squad QB? A joke.

Our run d hasn't been good either, but theirs stinks too. We've given up 4.9 ypc and 8 TDs rushing and they've given up 4.4 ypc and 9 TDs.  Plus they've played all the worst teams in the league. 

We could lose to Allen, like we lost to the rookie last week on basically two fluke plays (the long TD to Fant on a dump off and the throw that Sutton took away from Ward), but it's still better to play a bad QB of course

1 hour ago, crunchy said:

Our run d hasn't been good either, but theirs stinks too. We've given up 4.9 ypc and 8 TDs rushing and they've given up 4.4 ypc and 9 TDs.  Plus they've played all the worst teams in the league. 

We could lose to Allen, like we lost to the rookie last week on basically two fluke plays (the long TD to Fant on a dump off and the throw that Sutton took away from Ward), but it's still better to play a bad QB of course

OK, yea they've beaten weak teams, I mean, wow, you can't play more worse teams. Gadzooks. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/schedule/

But, they mostly beat those weak teams more than not, AND losing to NE and Philly is not an indictment. They are not a joke. Probably mediocre, but no cake walk. Browns will need to play better than they have to beat them. 

• Thanks 1