THE BROWNS BOARD

Two of the Best places to retire are in Cleveland area

No. 2: Brecksville, Ohio

Neighborhood: Royalton Road / Old Royalton Road

Scout's Retirement Score 97 of 100 (excellent)

Median House Value: $213,600

About 15 miles south of Cleveland, Brecksville is surrounded by hilly, wooded terrain, manicured country clubs, and an urbane, educated community. Visitors are amazed by the beauty of the surrounding countryside. If you hadn't thought of retiring to the Cleveland area, Brecksville's charm and sophistication might surprise you.

No. 14: Lyndhurst, Ohio

Neighborhood: Richmond Road / Cedar Road

Scout's Retirement Score 84 of 100 (very good)

Median House Value: $192,900

This Richmond Road and Cedar Road area, in this beautiful all-American town east of Cleveland, is a quiet, walkable neighborhood full of sophisticated, educated seniors and two magnificent country clubs, the Mayfield and the Acacia. By national standards, real estate prices are amazing for such a high-quality locale.

Says who??

Where are the others? I wouldn't want to live in either of those places.

That's your opinion I guess. Personally I like both. Brecksville is only about 7 miles from where I live. Nice community, quiet with Metro parks and golf courses. Lyndhurst is also nice, Legacy Village, Beachwood Place, etc. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.

Link: http://www.walletpop.com/retirement/best-r...tirement-values

That's your opinion I guess. Personally I like both. Brecksville is only about 7 miles from where I live. Nice community, quiet with Metro parks and golf courses. Lyndhurst is also nice, Legacy Village, Beachwood Place, etc. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.

Link: http://www.walletpop.com/retirement/best-r...tirement-values

Thanks for the link..I just wanted to see the others.

i didn't mean to sound snippy earlier and sorry if it came across that way...I have been to Brecksville...nice area....never to Lyndhurst.

It is just my opinion....I grew up in Bay..if I ever moved back, I suppose it would be there.

The Kielbasi and Pierogi are great. Try getting those in NC.

Can you send me some, the specialty around here is BarbQ that is soaked in vinegar. blah!

I bought some bratts last week and cooked them on the grill, now those were good.

Can you send me some, the specialty around here is BarbQ that is soaked in vinegar. blah!

I bought some bratts last week and cooked them on the grill, now those were good.

Yea that BBQ sucks. My girl is from NC and loves that shit. Give me some brats and perogies any day.

Archived