THE BROWNS BOARD

Patriots caught filming Cincy's bench signals..in Browns' press box !

calfoxwc

really? I thought surely it was an old story...

nope. In the last game where the Browns beat Cincy.

Being investigated now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086298/article/bengals-nfl-investigating-if-patriots-filmed-sideline

8 minutes ago, dusty said:

While it's known that the patriots will push the limits why would they spy on the worst team in the league?

well, because they do it for all opponents maybe? and/or, the Bengals do have a good defense? because...

they have been struggling and losing lately?

Spygate Part II was a false alarm: Here's why Patriots had film crew at Bengals-Browns game

New England wasn't cheating and fans don't have to worry about this story taking over the news cycle

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/spygate-part-ii-was-a-false-alarm-heres-why-patriots-had-film-crew-at-bengals-browns-game/

This time around, the only crime committed seems to be not informing all the parties of what was going on.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Spygate Part II was a false alarm: Here's why Patriots had film crew at Bengals-Browns game

New England wasn't cheating and fans don't have to worry about this story taking over the news cycle

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/spygate-part-ii-was-a-false-alarm-heres-why-patriots-had-film-crew-at-bengals-browns-game/

This time around, the only crime committed seems to be not informing all the parties of what was going on.

Of course... Roger GOD-ell is there to pick up the trail and cover they're asses!

30 minutes ago, Vambo said:

makes no sense at all. reportedly, the sideline signs were being filmed. Buttichek saying they have never seen the films..so what?

somebody can get the information from the films, and give it to whoever of the patriots. you don't have to be a pi to figure that out.

it doesn't even have to be buttchek.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, because they do it for all opponents maybe? and/or, the Bengals do have a good defense? because...

they have been struggling and losing lately?

go look. I clearly said "Bengals".

now. Do I have this right? The NFL takes a group who makes... "mistakes" to a bad degree, and re-assigns that referee group to.....

the PATRIOTS-Eagles game. yeah. nothin to see there. nah.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-moves-pete-morelli-crew-off-sunday-night-game-49ers-cardinals-steelers-colts-120115

"The NFL has moved referee Pete Morelli’s crew off the upcoming Sunday night game between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

Instead, the crew will work an afternoon game between the Eagles and Patriots." But that was back in 2015.

Yep. the Patriots owner and goodhell are good buddies okie dokie since before then.

I mean, the only thing no one is saying (thank God) is that if this was some advanced scouting don't the Browns look like idiots letting them do it? At least a bit right?

Anyone, this is classic "boy who cried wolf" to me. Maybe that linked article is true, but I'm not going to buy it.

Edit: Guess not-https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261318/patriots-say-video-crew-filmed-sideline-bengals-browns-game

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No....the thinking is that cheating seems to be just endemic to their nature...no matter who they are playing.

That's the Bill Belichick school of winning at all cost regardless of any consequences much moreso than every other team and coaches desire to win and excell.

It's a sickness with him. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That's the Bill Belichick school of winning at all cost regardless of any consequences much moreso than every other team and coaches desire to win and excell.

It's a sickness with him. 

He must have caught that disease after he left Cleveland, seeing that he had 4 out of 5 losing seasons here.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah, the Patriots need to cheat to beat the worst team in the league.  Is that what the thinking on this board is?

It's not what we think it's what Belichick obviously thinks as latest reports state they filmed 8 minutes of Cincinatti's hand signals and substitutions during the game before the videographer was busted.

can dbone get a clue? But he won't get it from the gay princess twins who think they invented football....

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/12/10/Patriots-admit-video-crew-filmed-field-during-Bengals-Browns-game/3841575987337/

"Dec. 10 (UPI) -- The New England Patriots have admitted they violated NFL rules after "inappropriately" filming the field when the Cincinnati Bengals played the Cleveland Browns Sunday in Cleveland. "

'"We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box. '

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He must have caught that disease after he left Cleveland, seeing that he had 4 out of 5 losing seasons here.

I have Bill at 41-57 (418%) before Tom Brady took over full time on week 3 2001......... Chicken or the egg? I say the yoke is on Bill. 

That being said, he's still one of the greatest coaches ever, in any sport.

^ cue the crying................................

27 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I have Bill at 41-57 (418%) before Tom Brady took over full time on week 3 2001......... Chicken or the egg? I say the yoke is on Bill. 

That being said, he's still one of the greatest coaches ever, in any sport.

^ cue the crying................................

Well, he has one of the best records.....as a coach/QB  combination.    He and Brady are perhaps second only to  Paul Brown/Otto Graham in that regard.

But, note:  After OG left Cleveland,  PB was only able to get the Browns into one title game thereafter:    1957 with Tommy O'Connell at QB.   BB has never come close without TB  (one postseason win with Vinny T. at QB.)

It is one of the reasons, to be honest....that I happen to think that Joe Gibbs was such a great coach.....yes, better than BB.   He took teams that were QBed by:   Joe Theisman, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams to  Super Bowl victiories .   Lost another with Theisman....None of those QBs came close to HOF consideration.....nor were they considered elite QBs when they played.  (except, maybe Theisman for a bit)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is one of the reasons, to be honest....that I happen to think that Joe Gibbs was such a great coach.....yes, better than BB.   He took teams that were QBed by:   Joe Theisman, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams to  Super Bowl victiories .   Lost another with Theisman....None of those QBs came close to HOF consideration.....nor were they considered elite QBs when they played.  (except, maybe Theisman for a bit)

Hard to argue with that.... add on the fact that Coach Gibbs is such a quality human being, and you've got yourself one of the GOATs for sure. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MDDawg said:

It's not what we think it's what Belichick obviously thinks

And Belichick stated that, Yeah, I heard about it...but that's the TV show Production side of things.  What they're doing he has no idea and hasn't seen any of that stuff that those people do.  I'm assuming that some of those TV production people are now looking for new jobs.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Probably prompted him to cheat.

It's not hard to look like a defensive genius when you know the play that is going to be run.

At least in baseball the hitter still has to hit the ball, which is hard in and of itself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

cheat.

There's an old sports saying, If you cheat and get away with it, then it's a good play.  And yet they use to put the teams in charge of proper inflation of the footballs.   

OL coaches use to (perhaps still do) teach how to hold and get away with it.

Baseball, corked bats, emery boards, spitballs, stealing signs.....