THE BROWNS BOARD

Patriots caught filming Cincy's bench signals..in Browns' press box !

calfoxwc

11 hours ago, Orion said:

There's an old sports saying, If you cheat and get away with it, then it's a good play.  And yet they use to put the teams in charge of proper inflation of the footballs.   

OL coaches use to (perhaps still do) teach how to hold and get away with it.

Baseball, corked bats, emery boards, spitballs, stealing signs.....

Non-contact knee injuries in futbol (that was for Nero). LOL!😁

17 hours ago, Orion said:

And Belichick stated that, Yeah, I heard about it...but that's the TV show Production side of things.  What they're doing he has no idea and hasn't seen any of that stuff that those people do.  I'm assuming that some of those TV production people are now looking for new jobs.

Plausible deniability BS, you believe that then I have bridge to sell you. Patriots don't get the benefit of the doubt with their track record. Read what happened on "The Athletic", videographer was clearly taping the Bengals' sidelines, signals and substitution for nearly a quarter ( purported Advance Scout was nowhere in the frame) and after being caught begged that the tape be deleted rather than handed over to the NFL.

5 hours ago, MDDawg said:

and after being caught begged that the tape be deleted rather than handed over to the NFL.

Yeah, because the Patriots (or whomever he worked for) would fire him.

Belichick is a great coach the way Madoff is a great investor.

He sucked with the Browns (who won a super bowl a few seasons after he left) and went 5-11 with the Pats his first season. To not get fired he started filming. Football is the best sport to cheat at because it's all set plays, so you don't need great players if you know what the other team's doing.

Then he wins like crazy for 6 seasons and the media crowns him a genius. Then it's revealed he cheated and the league destroys the evidence, fines him, and lets him keep coaching. 

Then he somehow keeps an insane winning percentage over the next 13 seasons. If something is too good to be true, it definitely is. If Madoff had only been fined, do you think he would have gone straight or kept ripping people off? 

Belichick should have been banned for life like the 1919 Black Sox. The fact that they let him stay in the league is a travesty. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, crunchy said:

What I really don't get is people who say that he cheated AND he's a great coach. Either he's a genius unfairly maligned or a complete fraud, he can't be both. 

to be honest, as much as I don't like buttichek, it could be that he was never a part of the spying. I suppose it could happen via a defensive player or two... or a defensive coach... who knows? But he's still a low budget scumbag..........

I think it's important to remember here that this filming thing went on WITH the knowledge of the Browns organization.  I feel quite certain that there was not supposed to be filming of the Bengals sidelines or signals from the sidelines.  I'd have to assume that the camera man was doing that on his own and wasn't doing it maliciously.  And with the penalties that the Patriots payed years ago they were not intentionally inviting that kind of situation back upon themselves again.  I mean, it just doesn't pass the smell test. 

And I don't think that the Browns would take part in helping the Patriots to beat the Bengals.  The Bengals are no challenge to the Browns playoff chances.  As a matter of fact, we probably want the Bengals to WIN a couple of games  down the stretch and NOT get such a good draft pick.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I think it's important to remember here that this filming thing went on WITH the knowledge of the Browns organization.  I feel quite certain that there was not supposed to be filming of the Bengals sidelines or signals from the sidelines.  I'd have to assume that the camera man was doing that on his own and wasn't doing it maliciously.  And with the penalties that the Patriots payed years ago they were not intentionally inviting that kind of situation back upon themselves again.  I mean, it just doesn't pass the smell test. 

And I don't think that the Browns would take part in helping the Patriots to beat the Bengals.  The Bengals are no challenge to the Browns playoff chances.  As a matter of fact, we probably want the Bengals to WIN a couple of games  down the stretch and NOT get such a good draft pick.

Not seein it. The Browns gave them permission to do the Patriots thing, NOT film the Bengals sideline.

I guess there needs to be oversight. Perhaps a monitor to sit and watch? egad. I can't imagine the camera man doing it on his own. Lose his job because....why? There doesn't seem to be any motivation to do that at all, without figuring that there was a major benefit to the camera man. Meaning, someone on the Patriots org/team was paying the camera man in some fashion or another.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, jrb12711 said:

I mean, the only thing no one is saying (thank God) is that if this was some advanced scouting don't the Browns look like idiots letting them do it? At least a bit right?

Regardless, even if the Browns organization was out of the picture the Browns still managed to get their name attached to a potential scandal.

"It happened in Cleveland"

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Not seein it. The Browns gave them permission to do the Patriots thing, NOT film the Bengals sideline.

I guess there needs to be oversight. Perhaps a monitor to sit and watch?

5 hours ago, Gorka said:

Browns still managed to get their name attached to a potential scandal.

We seem to have a certain knack for that don't we....   :)

Full text of the Pats' "admission"...

Tuesday, Dec 10, 2019 04:14 PM

Statement from the New England Patriots

medium_icon
New England Patriots -Staff

For the past year, the New England Patriots content team has produced a series of behind-the scenes features on various departments within the organization. The seven previous “Do Your Job” episodes are archived on patriots.com. On Sunday, Dec. 8, the content team sent a three-person video crew to the Bengals-Browns game at FirstEnergy Stadium in order to capture one part of a longer feature on the Patriots scouting department, in this case a Patriots pro personnel scout while he was working in the press box. 

While we sought and were granted credentialed access from the Cleveland Browns for the video crew, our failure to inform the Bengals and the League was an unintended oversight. In addition to filming the scout, the production crew – without specific knowledge of League rules – inappropriately filmed the field from the press box. The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box. When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully. 

The production crew is independent of our football operation. While aware that one of the scouts was being profiled for a “Do Your Job” episode, our football staff had no other involvement whatsoever in the planning, filming or creative decisions made during the production of these features. 

We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game.

Today they released video of the Bengals confronting the Pats filming crew, looks bad for the Pats. The guy tries to say he's filming his own advanced scout, but the security guard points out there's no scout in the footage, he's just filming the cincy sideline. 

Then the Pats guy immediately offers to just delete it and says, on his own, it's not being saved on a computer. 

The fact that he lied initially about what he was filming and then in the next sentence offers to delete it proves he knew what he was doing was wrong. 

Also, voluntarily telling the guard it's not saved to a computer means it was definitely being sent to a computer. That's like saying to a cop I don't have a gun, then when he finds the gun saying 'Well, it sure was never used to rob the 7-11 on 5th last night at 8pm'

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crunchy said:

Also, the 10-3* Pats are only beating the 1-12 Bungholes 13-10 at half. Must be tough to win without knowing what plays are coming... 

What was the final score?

If the cameraman was truly ignorant of the rule and was informed that what he recorded was illegal, offering to delete it seems natural. As does offering an assurance that it was saved nowhere else.