THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Burrow Wins Heisman Trophy

Canton Dawg

Not only did he win the Heisman...he won it by the largest margin of all time.

Could he be the number #1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001087465/article/heisman-winner-joe-burrow-considered-a-potential-top-pick

Here was the full voting:

Finish Name School First-place votes Second-place votes Third-place votes Total points
1. Joe Burrow LSU 841 41 3 2,608
2. Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 12 231 264 762
3. Justin Fields Ohio State 6 271 187 747
4. Chase Young Ohio State 20 205 173 643
5. Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin 6 44 83 189
6. J.K. Dobbins Ohio State 2 36 36 114
7. Trevor Lawrence Clemson 3 25 29 88
8. Chuba Hubbard Oklahoma State 0 11 46 68
9. Travis Etienne Clemson 0 7 11 25
10. Tua Tagovailoa Alabama 1 4

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Not only did he win the Heisman...he won it by the largest margin of all time.

Could he be the number #1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001087465/article/heisman-winner-joe-burrow-considered-a-potential-top-pick

That was the first Heisman show that I actually watched in maybe 10 or 15 years and probably because there were two Ohio State guys there.......and I had a ton of mail to go through.

They are the most over hyped shows on sports TV just for one award.

I was impressed by Joe Burrows sincerely in winning the award.

........oh and he has been tagged the next Tom Brady and will be the #1 pick or great trade bait for Cinci.

30 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ll always say...Ohio State let a good one get away.

Yeah, a good problem to have when you are so loaded at quarterback......and every other position.

Burrows wanted to play so he left now if Ohio State can beat Clemson maybe the big quarterback matchup for the National Championship.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Transfers are just a huge part of CFB now. Which is good. More power to the players. It'll be hard for any team to hold on to these guys.

The Top 3 vote getters were all   transfers.

Also, in looking at the voting, I am convinced that there are some voters out there that would like never cast a vote for a defensive player in the Top 3, no matter how good he is. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Top 3 vote getters were all   transfers.

Also, in looking at the voting, I am convinced that there are some voters out there that would like never cast a vote for a defensive player in the Top 3, no matter how good he is. 

That's true. Unless they're absolutely dominant every game or they impact the game in multiple ways.

Also, and you and other OSU fans won't like hearing this, but some might have not wanted to vote for a player that was suspended that season. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

That's true. Unless they're absolutely dominant every game or they impact the game in multiple ways.

Also, and you and other OSU fans won't like hearing this, but some might have not wanted to vote for a player that was suspended that season. 

Sure maybe. Didn’t really even think about that. Have you heard of anyone who specifically had said that. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure maybe. Didn’t really even think about that. Have you heard of anyone who specifically had said that. 

Any voter that specifically said that? No. Just some people that write or talk about CFB. Only a few speculating. I mean it's burrows regardless though. 

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Transfers are just a huge part of CFB now. Which is good. More power to the players. It'll be hard for any team to hold on to these guys.

We're entering a new world now with college players soon to get paid for their "contribution" to the game and other things.

It will really change things.....big time.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

We're entering a new world now with college players soon to get paid for their "contribution" to the game and other things.

It will really change things.....big time.

Not sure why you put "contribution" in quotes. They 100% should be compensated

Many schools are doing it under the table now. I look forward to it being above board and allowing all of the schools to play ball

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Not sure why you put "contribution" in quotes. They 100% should be compensated

Many schools are doing it under the table now. I look forward to it being above board and allowing all of the schools to play ball

The compensation part is being worked out now, it started with team jerseys with names on them the school got plenty for the stars the players....some very poor....got ZERO.

All phases of this are being debated now -but- the danger is in pay for performance mainly "numbers" like pros.  And now factor in legal sports betting virtually everywhere and you have to be real careful.

We're not going back to the 1960s when it was simple......and under the table big time, clothes, cash, cars, women.  I saw some of that!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I saw these billboards on I-90, 480, and I-71 near Brook Park.

I really don’t understand the meaning, but good for Joe.

I guess OHIO boy does good, wins Heisman and the National Championship shows off the football prominence of the 7th State by population (2010 census).

I wonder how much Ohio drops in the 2020 census?  Still great football roots.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, The Gipper said:

Burrow is from Athens OH.  Not sure why these would be in Cleveland though.

From what I've been reading, they're all over.

They have been spotted in Cincy, Columbus, Cleveland, and Toledo.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I wonder who is paying for them. 

Good question.  Sometimes the sign companies put them up on unused boards or put up freebie public notices like missing people, etc.

Maybe the Bengals thanking God for the #1 pick?    :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1