THE BROWNS BOARD

Stick a Fork in Them??

The Gipper

Tell if you think the following older QBs are done in the league, or not.   So, Stick a Fork in them,   or do they still have some time to cook?

Tom Brady?

Eli Manning?

Ben Roethlisberger?

Drew Brees?

Phillip Rivers? 

And these:

Aaron Rodgers?

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back)

Joe Flacco?

Andy Dalton? 

Ryan Fitzpatrick? 

Josh McCown?

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Tell if you think the following older QBs are done in the league, or not.   So, Stick a Fork in them,   or do they still have some time to cook?

Tom Brady?   Cook

Eli Manning?  Fork

Ben Roethlisberger?  Fork

Drew Brees? Cook

Phillip Rivers?  Cook

And these:

Aaron Rodgers? Cook

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back)  Fork

Joe Flacco?  Cook

Andy Dalton? Cook

Ryan Fitzpatrick?  Cook

Josh McCown?  Fork

Some of the ones I list as cook doesn't mean they will for long.

Discussion was had on ESPN this morning speculating that  the Chargers may not bring back Rivers......as I believe he will be a FA...correct me if I am wrong.....and that they would bring in Tom Brady  for their initial season in their shiny new stadium.    The thinking of course is that he would be the big draw they would want for their opening of that facility.   Also....they said that locating in LA could be enticing for  Brady's wife and her career to be there. 

My own speculation:

Tom Brady?  Will be 43 He stays.....80% says it is in NE,  20% elsewhere

Eli Manning? He stays, as a backup somewhere, though he probably should not. Make it 50/50  He just turned 39 on Jan. 3rd

Ben Roethlisberger? He will be here for the 2020 season. How well he performs with his age and injury remains to be seen.  A year from now we may be saying stick a fork in him.  Will be 38 in March.

Drew Brees?  He will want to stay in NO.    The question is:  Will NO want him.  He will be 41 on Jan. 15

Phillip Rivers? It may be the fork for him.   He is wavering about coming back, and the Chargers are wavering about wanting him back. He turned 38 in December

And these:

Aaron Rodgers?  He has 3-4 more years in him IMO.   He turned just 36 this past December.

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back)  He could get the itch....but somehow I don't think so.  Fork.

Joe Flacco?  Age 34  Will be a backup...he is not as  old as the others.  He is 34

Andy Dalton? Will at least be backup...if not Bengals starter.....He is only 32

Ryan Fitzpatrick?   He is "only"  37.  He will hang around.

Josh McCown?  He had already retired....and will go back to retirement.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Tom Brady? Time

Eli Manning? Done

Ben Roethlisberger? Time

Drew Brees? Time

Phillip Rivers? Done

And these:

Aaron Rodgers? Time

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back) Done

Joe Flacco? Done

Andy Dalton?  Done 

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Done

Josh  McCown  Done

On 1/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, The Gipper said:

Discussion was had on ESPN this morning speculating that  the Chargers may not bring back Rivers......as I believe he will be a FA...correct me if I am wrong.....and that they would bring in Tom Brady  for their initial season in their shiny new stadium.    The thinking of course is that he would be the big draw they would want for their opening of that facility.   Also....they said that locating in LA could be enticing for  Brady's wife and her career to be there. 

LA makes the most sense for Brady. I don't believe the rumors of a McDaniels / Brady reunion if we land McDaniels as our HC. Jimmy Haslam is doing his best to make the Browns organization the most radioactive franchise on the planet. No way Brady ever puts on a Browns uniform no matter what type of talent we have. 

Tom Brady? Starting to show he is over the Hill. Get out now near the top and save yourself from a BigBen injury

Eli Manning? Should have gone already

Ben Roethlisberger? Take the money and run

Drew Brees? He still plays at a high level (remember 29 of 30?), keep mentoring Bridgewater

Phillip Rivers? Has become a turnover machine-leave now

And these:

Aaron Rodgers? 3-4 good years left

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back) Smartly retired for good

Joe Flacco? Way past retirement-that team is under Drew Lock for good

Andy Dalton? Never was that good IMO-backup player now

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Still has a little magic left in him from game to game (NE win)

Josh McCown? Way past retirement

Brady says he is NOT retiring....apparently even if, as it seems,  BB does not want him back.

How about this Wild Ass scenario....which I just came up with:

In the next couple of days it becomes clear that  Robert Kraft comes down on the side of Tom Brady, and sees that there is acrimony there because BB no longer wants to go forward with TB as his QB.....and, ergo,  Kraft says:   Bill, we want to move on without you, and I want to name Josh McDaniel the new HC of the NEP, and he will work with TB the next couple of years.

So....BB is OUT in NE.   What happens?   Jimmy Haslam says:  Bill, you have unfinished business here in Cleveland.  Come back and coach my team.  Resucitate  this defense, and choose whomever you want to run this offense. Come be the HC of the Cleveland Browns, again.

Wild?  It would be beyond fresh if that were to happen.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, The Gipper said:

Tom Brady?

Eli Manning?

Ben Roethlisberger?

Drew Brees?

Phillip Rivers? 

And these:

Aaron Rodgers?

Andrew Luck?   (the question being do you think he may come back)

Joe Flacco?

Andy Dalton? 

Ryan Fitzpatrick? 

Josh McCown?

Humm great question btw.

How many of these QBs are willing to be a back up ? I see in the list some HOFs for real and did you ever collect football cards? I'm saying this because you would get a player on a team forever then see the player on a new team. My point...how many would rather hang em up rather than being Brett Farvish about it? Yes they have some gas in the tank?

I see 5 retires and one rapists.

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

I thought this thread was about the Browns organization. 

Well, there is a difference between a piece of meat that you stick a fork in because it is done cooking, and a piece of meat that you let sit out on the counter that is raw and rancid.