THE BROWNS BOARD

Congress Asleep at the wheel Again.

Mr. T

Europe Thumps U.S., Again. First lower taxes, now freer trade:

"On present trends, most of Europe will soon have lower income tax rates than most of America. And now the European Union is stealing another competitive march on Washington, this time on a free trade deal with the world's 13th largest economy, fast-growing South Korea. Last week Brussels and Seoul finished the outline of a new trade agreement, and the two sides will now write up the technical language to codify it.

As for the pending U.S.-Korea trade agreement, Congress has done . . . nothing.

South Korea has made negotiating trade deals a centerpiece of its foreign and economic policy.

The U.S. FTA, signed in 2007 but still not ratified, is one example. Negotiations are planned or under way with a long list of countries, including India, Canada and Australia. On the EU side, the Commission is vigorously defending the pact against domestic critics, including the European auto industry.

EU approval isn't a sure thing, but Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt is aiming to finish it by December. Compare that to the U.S., where the FTA with Korea is bogged down in Big Labor politics".

I guess I'm missing something but we see here that the Obama regime is paying over a million dollars for 2lb of ham. Defence contractors eat your heart out!

Article Here

Considering the shit we usually get rammed down out throats here, a WSJ opinion (albeit posted as fact, but whatever) is a breath of fresh air.

Leave it to a bunch of Liberals to call facts opinions.

Since they didn't bother to open the article and read it here are some excerpts;

... Compare that to the U.S., where the FTA with Korea is bogged down in Big Labor politics. Bashing the deal became de rigueur in the Democratic Party primary before last year's Presidential election.

.... Candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both claimed the deal wouldn't open Korea's auto market to U.S. imports, all evidence to the contrary.

..... Now, with Democrats running both the White House and Congress, prospects are bleak for any trade deal. Colombia has also been left hanging, even though its goods already enter the U.S. duty free under the Andean preferences program.

Why the hell would Barry/Barrack or Hillary want to promote anything that would actually create real stimulus to our economy?

They wouldn't have a crisis then to go on a spending spree.

On present trends, most of Europe will soon have lower income tax rates than most of America.

The Tax rates in countries like U K and France is much higher than in US. So high that republicans who lived in those countries would prefer Democrats to the French :P

im libertarian....registered and voted.

i agree more with fiscal conservatives.....but more socially liberal. if you actually tried to understand what other people said, you may have figured that out. but you so choose to pigeon hole anyone who disagrees with you....

i think, honestly, both sides are completely full of shit....which is why i argue with everyone. im big enough to make my own opinions....not take them from the radio.

Just great.

First, we have the liberal, leftist Dems screw everything up fast arrogant fools.

Then, we have the conservative, stodgy in their ways arrogants fools.

Now we have the independent/liberatarian whiners of both Reps and Dems utopian arrogant fools....

pretty much makes it across the board.

"Now we have the independent/liberatarian whiners of both Reps and Dems utopian arrogant fools...."

whining? if im whining, then what the xxxx have you been doing the past 6 months?

you could beach a whale in your vagina.... Choconuts

Look, cococrispies, read what I said (hint: it's in bold royal blue).

Then, read what you said (hint: it's in bold sissy pink).

Now, I said, to paraphrase more correctly, "whining about Republicans and Democrats"

Now, I don't whine about Republicans AND Democrats. I only whine about Democrats.

mz the pussy and sissyboy Heck only whine about Republicans.

You whine about BOTH REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS.

I never said I don't whine.

But I did refer to all of us as fools, politically.

Read, AND comprehend. Take a deep breath, learn to appraise in detail, and learn to stop reacting

so emotionally to opinions you didn't give permission for.

I was simply dissing all three.

So, I don't have a vagina, penisnose.

Archived