THE BROWNS BOARD

Martin Rucker

WPB Dawg Fan

Winslow was NFL ready, and Rucker needs some seasoning. Nobody seriously can come close to what Winslow was his first training camp. I mean he was really the best prospect at the position in a long time. WR speed at the TE position, freakishly good hands, maybe the best in the league. Well, we know how that ended. Rucker, if he has the heart and head, can be almost like that. Great hands and speed on this kid - lets see how he progresses this season. He has a high ceiling - if he can achieve it.

There's no telling what Winslow could have been. He was one of those guys who looked like he was born to play the position. I think that's why he had a decent amount of (on-the-field!) success after going through stuff that would have ended others' careers, effectively if not literally.

I haven't seen anyone call Rucker a potential best-tight-end-ever, but the thing about that position is... there's not a lot of "great," but there's also not a lot of "very good" or "good." Not-spectacular-but-solid performance at TE provides a lot of comparative advantage -- effing Pittsburgh has shown this over and over, and so have teams like Tennessee -- so I'm optimistic that TE can still be a "plus" position for us.

Archived