THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns players on AFCN hot seat

Browns2405

Brady Quinn and Hank Fraley make the list...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-3-20...-hot-seat-.html

Quinn's on the hot seat for sure

as shep has pointed out 1,000 times, first round QBs get 20 starts or so no matter how shitty they play.

Quinn is on the verge of changed that trend.

Fraley's so much older than Mack that it wouldn't be shocking to me if he lost his spot.

Wouldn't be shocking to me either if Fraley lost his starting job either. I'd say keep him on the squad for insurance and mentoring abilities. I'm assuming Quinn will step up and take the job and makes the best of his opportunities. I hope it bodes well for the browns.

Funny part is...the fact that they list BQ and NOT DA tells you that the expectation is that BQ is the most likely to start. If DA was considered the front runner....HE would be on the list.

Using the term "hot seat" for this discussion is about as stupid as it gets. Coaches are on the hot seat, as in they've coached so poorly up to that point that they are in serious danger of losing their jobs. This article is talking about players who are under pressure to perform. Uhhhh, this is the NFL dipshits, every single person who straps it on is under pressure to perform.

Of course Lumnuts came all over his keyboard reading this article.....choad

James Walker's term not mine...

Uhhhh, this is the NFL dipshits, every single person who straps it on is under pressure to perform.

Quinn's situation is different because he's got an extra 11 million bucks riding on it.

Also, he's got BQ Nation to worry about. They're on pins and needles worrying that their savior is a bust.

Quinn's situation is different because he's got an extra 11 million bucks riding on it.

Also, he's got BQ Nation to worry about. They're on pins and needles worrying that their savior is a bust.

Would you please remind us how much DA has riding on this?

Oh, about $9.45 Million did you say?

As for Quinn and his $11M in incentives...at least those dollars will be EARNED if he gets them...not like DA who collects whether he plays or rides the pines.

So, who is REALLY on the hot seat?

Quinn may lose out on money if he doesn't perform...but DA will lose his JOB and his MONEY...because he will not get any takers on that $9.45m salary if he doesn't play at a high level...so his only chance would be to renegotiate at backup money.

LOL. This is BROWNS nation. You weren't here when the camps were split between Couch and Holcomb were you? The discussions were more civil then since we didn't have a dickhead like yourself from Middle Tenn State or Kentucky acting like a moron.

I know Atnears likes the publicity and the post count, but you definitely dumb down the site.

LOL. This is BROWNS nation. You weren't here when the camps were split between Couch and Holcomb were you? The discussions were more civil then since we didn't have a dickhead like yourself from Middle Tenn State or Kentucky acting like a moron.

I know Atnears likes the publicity and the post count, but you definitely dumb down the site.

Wasn't here for that QB battle who was the fave in that one?

Funny part is...the fact that they list BQ and NOT DA tells you that the expectation is that BQ is the most likely to start. If DA was considered the front runner....HE would be on the list.

Exactly. You have to have a seat for it to be hot. There's no such thing as a hot seat for the #2 guy on the sideline with a baseball hat and clipboard.

The Couch/Holcomb battle was a goodie

Just to let you know, I was completely on the Holcomb side of that one. What he did against pittsburg in the playoffs was rediculous. Plus he seemed just more "in sync" with our offense, he waited, found the open man, and gunned it there.

Why do they keep saying Quinn had three up and down starts before he broke/tore his finger?

He fractured it in the first quarter of his second start.

Its because theyre dumb and dont know the facts. Although we both know that Quinn only has 1 REAL full NFL start, and that was the Broncos game, and we know how well he played there.

Oh, and despite his broken finger, he threw a bomb to Braylon in the Texans game

With all due respect to James Walker, how the hell has Chad Johnson escaped this list?

Are you serious about Fraley being on the en fuego seat but not MuchoStinko?

Not to go all Bengals on the BrownsBoard, but this guy has an unbelievable amount of pressure to produce this year with a healthy Palmer and the professional Laveraneus Coles aboard.

Nobody outside Cleveland, and even very few within, care about Fraley's situation. Johnson, on the other hand, is under the microscope of fans in this division. He has his big piehole to thank for that.

Regarding Quinn, I agree with Walker that he's on the proverbial hot seat. #1 in the division? That's debatable, but it is time for Quinn to take the reins of this offense and assert himself as the future of this offense. This is a very crucial year for him, no question.

to me, I really don't see Quinn as being on the hot seat. That generally refers to someone who has had multiple chances and has failed...or someone who was good and has recently slid.

Quinn, to be fair, has not even had a valid chance to prove himself. One healthy game with 3 days to prepare, and then 2 games with an injury is not enough of a body of work to put somebody on the hot seat. It also, in a way, infers that you were "the guy" going into the season...and so far that has not even been determined.

I think of this as Quinns chance to finally prove himself. He wasn't even in the 2007 competition...and 2008 DA was the starter going in no matter what anybody thought. This year, Quinn has his FIRST LEGIT CHANCE at starting. He is STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE...not on the hot seat.

Archived