THE BROWNS BOARD

The dreadful and illegal idea for a "mileage" tax

There is an idea being thrown around by Congress and Transportation officials to tak the actual mileage someone drives rather than how much fuel they use. This is an effort to couteract people driving more fuel efficient vehicles.

The problem is that Congress should have no authroity to tax someone's right to travel, and they have no right to invade someone's privacy in this manner. In my opinion, taxing somone based on their mileage alone is also a violation of equal protection.

When someone buys gas, that is a sales tax, and a sale is something that congress does have the authority to tax. A mileage tax is also different than a registration fee or requiring a driver to have a valid license.

Congress actually has funded a study on mileage taxes.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sfl-gas-tax...0,6576546.story

I guess they don't like our right to "pursuit of happiness", so they

want to legislate that out of existence with taxes, too.

blech.

Heck and mz the pussy will probably like the idea, they emotionally carpool with

depressed and angry homeless people.

As of July 10, more than 3,600 of the 5,600 road projects approved by Washington -- including six of the 10 largest approved projects -- had not been given the green light to start construction.

Evidently they dont have the money nor do they have the Chinese Credit card to fund there big "New Deal" called stimulus.

TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX What percentage of your Wages goes towards TAXES?

Heck and mz the pussy will probably like the idea, they emotionally carpool with

depressed and angry homeless people.

I have to say that was actually kind of funny.

ANYWAY, I'm not in favor of a "mileage tax."

I'm still waiting for California to start taxing medical marijuana sales.....meanwhile Cal State schools are dying, the state is broke and Schwartzenegger (a total sham of a Governor) fails to get his head out of his ass. This is what we impeached Gray Davis for??

I'm still waiting for California to start taxing medical marijuana sales.....meanwhile Cal State schools are dying, the state is broke and Schwartzenegger (a total sham of a Governor) fails to get his head out of his ass. This is what we impeached Gray Davis for??

They need to tax weed plain and simple, medical or not. What a waste of a state.

What a waste of a state.

Arnold is a complete moron. Imagine the revenue stream that could be created with our current 9.75% sales tax.

Personally, I am more than willing to pay an extra $5-6 per eighth . Umm, I mean I would if I, well, you know...

Arnold is a complete moron. Imagine the revenue stream that could be created with our current 9.75% sales tax.

Personally, I am more than willing to pay an extra $5-6 per eighth . Umm, I mean I would if I, well, you know...

WTF 9.75% and still broke? It would be cheaper if legalized. People charge what they do because of the risk. I'd say it would cut the cost in 1/2 and then tax it 20%. Finally a reason to visit.

You elected him

This has been around for some time.

As automobiles are mandated to increase thier gas efficiency, Congress sees diminished tax revenues. I've always said that Congress - as much as the 'greedy' gas companies want consumers to consume gas - at least to the extent that it provides tax revenue.

I don't think this has any legs but is one of a number of thoughts/trial baloons, etc. being brainstormed.

Remember..........ALWAYS follow the money.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's hilarious.....

And let me guess what a condom cost back then......Hmmmmmm.......oh wait, nobody knows cause nobody used em' back then......Ba----ZING!!

We used them...not so much with disease in mind unless you were out to hire a skank, which in the Army was a regular deal.....not so much the other times.

No machines in those days that I remember. You had to go to the pharmacy and ask the druggist for a box as they weren't displayed.....but yeah...I don't remember what a box cost...a buck and a half maybe???

Not that anybody knows first hand.....but what does a clean ounce of grass cost these days....clean meaning no stems, few seeds, and at least a few flower tops?

That is what I could buy for $15 if it was Mexican....maybe $20 if it was really good out of Jamaica.

I have no idea why the legal costs as much as the illegal. Perhaps ubercompetition in the illegal market set the lowest possible price? Sev, you know way more about economics than I ever will...

Some places have sales, but a good eighth (these places do NOT sell shit) will cost between 50 and 60 bucks. I'm not sure if there are discounts to be had when you buy in bulk (we don't buy for te neighborhood) but I'm sure you could ask. :)

I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from his cousin who heard from his sister in laws ex-attorney that a clean ounce runs anywhere from $380-$450

Wow..you could buy a lb for $150-$200......guess the DEA is doing their job....at least I have been told....really

I guess the DEA and tougher laws have increased the price.

I've been pulling weeds in the garden for weeks.

People pay money for weeds?

I'll take em to the farmer's market next Tuesday for sale.

I may not be cool, but I got good instincts. :rolleyes:

This has been around for some time.

As automobiles are mandated to increase thier gas efficiency, Congress sees diminished tax revenues. I've always said that Congress - as much as the 'greedy' gas companies want consumers to consume gas - at least to the extent that it provides tax revenue.

I don't think this has any legs but is one of a number of thoughts/trial baloons, etc. being brainstormed.

Remember..........ALWAYS follow the money.

What ideas are they going to throw around next? Put Pedometers in shoes and tax you per step for your C02 emissions?

I think they should pass a law not allowing bicycles in streets that have a speed limit over 25 MPH.

They are endangering the life of others, as well as their own.

Ban the goofy little suits too.

I think they should pass a law not allowing bicycles in streets that have a speed limit over 25 MPH.

They are endangering the life of others, as well as their own.

Ban the goofy little suits too.

I think people over the age of 65 should be tested every year to make sure they are capable of driving.

I think people over the age of 65 should be tested every year to make sure they are capable of driving.

65 probably isn't the point, but I could see doing that at 70 on a 2 and one half year cycle, then at 75 on a yearly.

I could also see different types of licensing...restricted to normal city streets, no highways, no nighttime....that sort of thing.

In stead of another Tax, we should get all of the bleeding heart Liberals in hollyweird to do their part and volunteer half of all their earnings.

As far as driving, I believe most states make those over 70 take the license exam more often. and what is up with all of those girlie men with the spandex suits riding bikes. It looks as if they are smuggeling grapes.

I have a nice beach cruiser and love it, sometimes I will take a night time stroll when all of the cars are off the road, plus its a lot cooler in the evening. currently its 82° F at 10pm it will be 77° F now thats more like it.

Archived