THE BROWNS BOARD

WAT!!!!!

why cant we win

Peter Gammons said it was Boston who turned it down.

If it was a straight up Victor-Buchholz trade, that's pretty terrible to me. Sure, we need pitching badly. But a switch hitting, above .300 average catcher with power...who's also an incredible clubhouse guy with a very reasonable contract should draw much more.

Buchholz was pretty amazing his rookie year, but last year went 2-9 with a 6.75 ERA and a 1.77 WHIP. He's having a much better year in AAA this year, but it should say something that he still hasn't become a fixture the Red Sox rotation (as he goes 4 innings, throws 90 pitches, 6 hits, 2 walks, 3 ER for the loss tonight). Can't say I'm a big fan.

If it was a package deal with Buchholz as the centerpiece...I can understand it I suppose. But all things considered, and factoring in the Red Sox' win now position and their dire need for a catcher...we should be able to do much better.

And I can guarantee you Kelly Shoppach doesn't factor into any of the decision making regarding trading Victor. He has no business as a starting catcher.

Archived