THE BROWNS BOARD

OT: USA Today's Christine Brennan

Guest mz.

I like Erin Andrews, and not because she's super hot. She's great at her job.

USA Today’s Christine Brennan on the Erin Andrews Situation: “Women sports journalists need to be smart and not play to the frat house.”

Erin Andrews, Media Gossip/Musings TheBigLead July 22nd. 2009, 10:00am

With the exception of a few male journalists, very few media members have spoken out about the creepy Erin Andrews hotel videos that have made ESPN sideline reporter a fixture in the national media for the last 48 hours. Last night, via twitter and facebook, USA Today’s award-winning sports columnist, Christine Brennan, weighed in:

On the Erin Andrews situation, a quick thought for those who have asked: There are hundreds of women covering sports in this country who haven’t had this happen to them. I wish it didn’t happen to Erin, but I also would suggest to her if she asked (and she hasn’t) that she rely on her talent and brains and not succumb to the lowest common denominator in sports media by playing to the frat house.

That entire message was posted on Brennan’s facebook; some of it was captured on her Twitter.

via here.

I honestly didn't mean to come off all-high-and mighty. Typos will get ya.

I meant so say "and not JUST because she's super hot."

Well, I didn't intend to criticize...just playing along.

This thread was just begging for a pic, and any excuse to post an Erin Andrews pic....well, you know. ;)

Warning.....NSFW

This was posted at another sports message board.

You have to scroll down a bit and the quality is crappy, but it sure does look like her...

http://www.thesportsfix.com/forum/viewtopi...?f=1&t=5539

And you goobers have to make it all worse by jostling each other to get a peek. Have some respect and let the woman have what little privacy she can get.

Sheesh.

I'll try not to turn this into too much of a "Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women" posts, but...

Erin Andrews puts up with more crap than anybody else covering sports today. Yes, she's attractive, and she hasn't yet maced one of the schmucks who decides to get all up on her (as the kids say) on national television--Rey Maualuga, Bruce Pearl, the Retards who wear the "Mr. Erin Andrews" shirts to games. There's appreciating someone's looks and then there's giving someone the Lisa Olson treatment, and she gets a lot of that from a lot of people while she's trying to do her job.

As for the video making the rounds now, whoever took it deserves to get his head cracked open along with all of the other perverts who do the "upskirt" camera pictures on unknowing women with their phones. I don't have a wife or daughter, so I'm not exactly sure why it bothers me as much as it does, but there it is.

Dennis

And you goobers have to make it all worse by jostling each other to get a peek. Have some respect and let the woman have what little privacy she can get.

Sheesh.

Indeed. All that jostling is prolly why the pics are so blurry. But that would be the fault of the goober that was "shooting" it. <_< (Respectfully)

I still don't see what all the frathouse talk was about.

This is pasted from Inspecta's link:

With respect to recent Internet postings of Erin Andrews, she has authorized her attorney, Marshall B. Grossman of Bingham McCutchen LLP, to issue the following statement:

"While alone in the privacy of her hotel room, Erin Andrews was surreptitiously videotaped without her knowledge or consent. She was the victim of a crime and is taking action to protect herself and help ensure that others are not similarly violated in the future. Although the perpetrator or perpetrators of this criminal act have not yet been identified, when they are identified she intends to bring both civil and criminal charges against them and against anyone who has published the material. We request respect of Erin's privacy at this time, while she and her representatives are working with the authorities."

Archived