THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson over Quinn

Zombo

As for BE and K2...I would like to remind you that many of us put at least some of the on DA.

Put it in baseball terms. If every time you lean over the plate the pitcher throws at your head...what are the odds you are going to lean over the plate.

So, with BE and K2, nearly every time they went for a ball in '07 they was getting hung out to dry be DA. They took a beating in '07 thanks to the late balls, underthrows, and overthrows that they somehow managed to pull in....

Fast forward to '08. K2 is tentative and injured, and BE has developed a severe case of the dropsies....I wonder if there might be a bit of a correlation????

Anyway, face it. DA was taken out of his game...and kept forcing it to BE/K2 without ever looking at his other WR's. Sure, they were rookies and never have beens...but who knows, maybe if he would throw to them they might have caught a few and then BE and K2 would get a chance to get open.

Nobody can be certain, but I mentioned this all last season and we can ALL remember the amazing catches make by BE/K2 in 07...and all the crushing hits they took.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear people tell me "If the receiver drops the pass, then that's not Anderson's fault"

On the same token...

It doesn't matter who the WR is, if the QB can't get it within a few yards of them, they aren't going to catch it.

It works both ways and with Anderson, it all equals out. For all of the passes the wideouts dropped, there sure were a lot of balls thrown nowhere in the general area.

These aren't just Braylon running the wrong routes either, unless there is a secret route that has Braylon running 15 yards out of bounds or Braylon is thrown to as a check down WR.

For all of you guys who want to pump Anderson up, you hardly ever see it both ways. You bring up the WR drops, but fail to acknowledge passes at the RB's ankles or passes that sail out of bounds out of the WR's reach. You bring up how good the offense was in 2007 and don't really credit the rest of the team or acknowledge the factors like Braylon coming back from ACL surgery, Jamal being healthy or adding two pro bowl caliber players to the left side of the line. Then in 2008, Anderson gets none of the blame. It's all injuries and dropped passes. '

It's selective diagnosis.

You guys do realize by acknowledging all this talent either not playing to their potential or being injured in 2008 that you are saying that a good portion of Anderson's 2007 success was because of the talent surrounding him, right?

Yep I realize that. He performed well when surrounded by a good cast, and he performed poor when surrounded by a bad cast.

It doesn't surprise me.

And I've all acknowledged his inconsistencies all along, going as far as to say that that's why Quinn should win the job.

Not sure if I missed your point or if you're responding more specifically to Lumbergh and the like.

Zombo

As for BE and K2...I would like to remind you that many of us put at least some of the on DA.

Put it in baseball terms. If every time you lean over the plate the pitcher throws at your head...what are the odds you are going to lean over the plate.

So, with BE and K2, nearly every time they went for a ball in '07 they was getting hung out to dry be DA. They took a beating in '07 thanks to the late balls, underthrows, and overthrows that they somehow managed to pull in....

Fast forward to '08. K2 is tentative and injured, and BE has developed a severe case of the dropsies....I wonder if there might be a bit of a correlation????

Anyway, face it. DA was taken out of his game...and kept forcing it to BE/K2 without ever looking at his other WR's. Sure, they were rookies and never have beens...but who knows, maybe if he would throw to them they might have caught a few and then BE and K2 would get a chance to get open.

Nobody can be certain, but I mentioned this all last season and we can ALL remember the amazing catches make by BE/K2 in 07...and all the crushing hits they took.

Sorry, John, but I find that a weak argument.

You guys are looking for ways to blame DA when all you need is for BQ to go out and take the bull by the horns.

That's all I'm looking for.

Zombo

I wonder if Carter thinks DA should be blamed for his late season meltdown in 2007??? Or how about the fact that Seattle and the NY Giants are the only team over .500 that he has beaten to date????

I am not totally against DA, and in fact his big arm may help keep the DB's honest and let us do the power run game....but to think that he has somehow proven anything when he has had 3 games over a 90QBR since week 8 in 2007 (a 17 game stretch)....that is a bit scary.

As for respect of teammates. Not sure how anyone outside the club could really prove that. Especially considering the non-committed quotes and actual backing of Quinn we have heard.

Further, I am not sure what Carter is basing Quinn being overrated on. We have a total of 3 games worth of experience to base it on...1 game with 3 days prep, and 2 playing with an injured finger on his throwing hand that eventually required surgery.

If anything, say he is unproven (which he is unproven).

meltdown?...lol...i guess in year one of starting at the QB position everyone is allowed to face adversity except Derek Anderson.

let's investigate this "2007 meltdown" theory further:

in the 2nd half of the season there were a total of 3 losses.

the Steel, Arizona, & Cincy, of which 2/3 were battling for the Lombardi the following season. hmmmm.

they lost to the Steelers 28-31 in the final seconds by 3 points (total meltdown). a field goal attempt fell just a few feet short, it would have been the longest FG ever in Heinz had it been good.

this game was the hinge-pin of the entire season: if they had beaten them in overtime the loss to Cincy wouldn't have mattered in the playoff race because they ended up tied with the Steelers on the year-this loss gave them tie-breaker's advantage. but hey, DA melted down right?.

@ Arizona they were an in-bounds K2 leg from beating the Cards when time expired (when i watch that play i wonder to myself if Brady could even have made that throw). final score: 21-27, a loss by 6 points...but again, definitely a total meltdown by DA. lmao

again both those teams went to the Superbowl the following year (for BQ Nation this reads "DA meltdown")

he helped break a 5X losing streak against the Bengals as he kept up with Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco step for step in the first meeting, ultimately surpassing them for the win.

in Cincy2 we should give the opposing D coordinators some credit. oh, it was up to Derek to audible out of Chud's gameplan every play, right?

Chud certainly could've helped him out a bit more but no one will admit that. his decisions even had Jamal Lewis speaking out against him. the fact that the coaching staff is now fired and long gone and DA is currently in a dead heat in the competition for starting QB kinda speaks in Anderson's favor.

maybe they weren't all league in 2007 or Superbowl bound but they beat who they were supposed to...and then some.

add in the blocked FG kick in Oakland and the team was nearly 13-3...they played respectably against the Pats, scoring 17 points against an eventual 18-1 team. other positives include in the St. Louis game they were down 14-0 in the 1st qtr but ended up winning 27-20...and 21-6 in the 2nd qtr at Seattle, winning 33-30 in OT, never giving up and fighting until the end. same was the case in Balt2 when the Ratbirds came back but the Browns held on, winning in OT as well after Dawson's highly publicized "stanchion" kick.

but DA had nothing to do with any of that, right?

for a team that won all the home games in 2007 but 1, for the first time in the NFL since...EVER, you sure sound salty about a guy who was basically a rookie QB back there, but you're right, he totally sucks. he should have completely embarrassed the best the league had to offer last year without even sweating.

you list the Giants of '08 and Seahawks of '07 but fail to mention the Browns played against a who's who of current football, and often lost a close war.

a loss by 4 points to the SB champs (10-6) in the 1st game in '08, they lost 31-0 w/out Anderson.

after splitting wins in '07, DA led the Browns to a 20-12 win in CIN1 but a 14-0 loss w/out him.

he did his part in annihilating the 12-4 NY Giants on MNF no less, restoring much needed respect and pride to Browns Nation.

an 8-8 Washington Redskins won by just 3 pts, 14-11.

he played a good game against the Jags and although they ended up finishing 5-11 the win was significant, airing on primetime Sunday night 23-17.

the 2008 Ravens finished 11-5 and not only clinched the wildcard but went to the AFC Championship game. unfortunately they had the Browns number both games they played, running that 46 hybrid...the Safety and MLB are two key positions in Ryan's 46 and look at who they have: i mean c'mon, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, that's a high hurdle for anybody let alone a 2nd year QB. although Baltimore's D helped beat them twice, DA & Co. fared better against some of the teams Balt had lost to, namely the Giants (10-30) and the Colts (3-31).

he returned as starter against the 12-4 Colts and they nearly beat them. after being benched i had a lot of reservations about DA's return after the "Quinn experiment" but he showed zero rust and apparently suffered no mental issues due to it. in fact it showed maturity if anything. i readily admit i was impressed with DA's poise and his performance that day. while Manning threw 2 picks DA threw none, but they eventually lost due to a fumble late in the game that Indy's D scooped up and scored with that led them to an ugly 10-6 win. there were still a few minutes on the clock when Shaffer's helmet hit DA's knee but w/out him they were doomed. still, not a bad showing at all. (fwiw Indy lost to JAX 23-21...but also later beat them 31-24)

as far as Quinn, you sure put a lot of stock in someone in which you only have three games to base it on, as you put it. after reading that article about all the injuries Bernie Kosar had and played through it reminds us and puts things into a different perspective about Quinn's injury...shaking his jar of teeth with pride and all.

guys play injured all the time, and Quinn was apparently good to go with that finger. the powers that be allowed all to see a 3 game glimpse of the results on the field, but instead of accepting them some fans still blame his performance on the finger.

well, we may never know if they opted to end his season due to the extent of the finger injury or if simply after seeing him on the field it was clear he wasn't the best option they had at QB.

thanks for listening, have a nice day.

You know, you're supposed to beat the bad teams. That's part of your job. You're supposed to smoke the Rams.

Anderson lined up against 15 NFL teams that year and we beat ten of them.

In the end, we fell one game short of the playoffs, but this Browns team was not the 85 Bears, folks. They ranked 30th in defense. Sure Anderson stunk in the second Bengal game. But if Dawson isn't blocked agains the Raiders, or he makes a field goal against the Steelers, or Winslow is in bounds against the Cardinals, or if the Colts play their starters versus Tenn ... we were in the playoffs with that #30 defense. Sure, we'd love an interception back. But what about a missed tackle or blown assignment on defense? Team game ... team game.

So before Anderson we lost to the bad teams and got clobbered by the good teams.

Then, with Anderson, we beat the bad teams and lost close games to the good teams.

Yes ... sounds like Anderson's fault.

He's basing it on the same things Camp BQ bases their love on: his college games, preseason games, film and scouting reports.

If one guy can say he's head & shoulders better than Anderson through that analysis, than another guy has the right to say he ain't gonna be good through that analysis.

But I agree with you ... he's unproven.

Zombo

lol you sound like me zombo. i replied to WPB before i read any further so i am just now reading this. glad to see some sanity among my brethren.

Yep I realize that. He performed well when surrounded by a good cast, and he performed poor when surrounded by a bad cast.

It doesn't surprise me.

And I've all acknowledged his inconsistencies all along, going as far as to say that that's why Quinn should win the job.

Not sure if I missed your point or if you're responding more specifically to Lumbergh and the like.

Zombo

I probably shouldn't have quoted you because it was a response in general. But you brought up some points that I think are a little hollow.

I am not the type of person who points at stats and victories and says "See, look, his numbers show this so he must be doing well". Football, more than any other sport, is situational. For being the "most important position on the team", quarterbacks seem to need more assistance from the team around them then any other position on the field. A QB's stats are a compilation of how your team is playing around you. When you throw for under 60% and average over an INT a game

Braylon Edwards played out of his mind in 2007. The diving TD's, acrobatic catches, tip-toe sideline TD's all helped Anderson out significantly. I'll give him this - Anderson played much better than Noodlearm Frye did.

Winslow played a lot like he did the year before, but with the production of Edwards and Jamal Lewis, he was able to turn catches into more yards. DA got him the ball a lot, but DA also missed Winslow a ton and didn't use him as much around the red zone as he probably should have.

Jamal Lewis and the running game were on point and that had something to do with DA, but not as much as his backers want us to believe.

Eric Steinbach was already a pro bowl alternate before arriving and Joe Thomas has been a pro bowler since week 2 of his rookie year. They were replacing Shaffer and who else... Kelvin Garmon? Cant really remember. Either way, it's safe to say the left side was leaps and bounds better than the year before.

This is what's called "everything falling into place" and Anderson took advantage.

Last season, despite the problems surrounding him, Anderson could have done much better than he did. It is completely unrealistic to expect him to have a repeat performance, but his experience and maturation should have helped him through the hard times, but it didn't. It seemed to get to him more than anything and he crumbled.

John Elway played many years at a high level with OK-at-best talent surrounding him until later in his career.

Joe Montana helped the 49ers to their first Super Bowl title pre-Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

Tom Brady helped guide the Pats to three Super Bowls and was a pro bowler himself without having the greatest talent around him on offense.

I could go on and on.

It's about making the most of your situation. It's about succeeding in the face of adversity. Anderson had a chance to shut everyone up last year, but his play did the exact opposite. No matter how you slice it, THAT'S on him.

If he gets another shot this year and does the same thing, people are going to lose it.

If he happens to impress, Browns' fans will happily take it and DA could eventually become a player the fans like. He just has to show it on the field.

meltdown?...lol...i guess in year one of starting at the QB position everyone is allowed to face adversity except Derek Anderson.

let's investigate this "2007 meltdown" theory further:

in the 2nd half of the season there were a total of 3 losses.

the Steel, Arizona, & Cincy, of which 2/3 were battling for the Lombardi the following season. hmmmm.

they lost to the Steelers 28-31 in the final seconds by 3 points (total meltdown). a field goal attempt fell just a few feet short, it would have been the longest FG ever in Heinz had it been good.

this game was the hinge-pin of the entire season: if they had beaten them in overtime the loss to Cincy wouldn't have mattered in the playoff race because they ended up tied with the Steelers on the year-this loss gave them tie-breaker's advantage. but hey, DA melted down right?.

@ Arizona they were an in-bounds K2 leg from beating the Cards when time expired (when i watch that play i wonder to myself if Brady could even have made that throw). final score: 21-27, a loss by 6 points...but again, definitely a total meltdown by DA. lmao

You do realize the two games you mentioned , DA had a stretch where he completed like 2 out of 14 passes or something along those lines against Pittsburgh. In the Arizona game, which I was at, he threw two bonehead picks - 1 directly in the hands of Rod Hood which was returned for a TD - and another he just chuckled up into double coverage and the ball never went anywhere near the receiver. DA's play buried the Browns early in that game and they were playing catchup BECAUSE OF DA.

I also like how you gloss over the Cinci games so you avoid the whole "Anderson throwing 5 INT's in the Browns biggest game since 2002 which resulted in the Browns not only losing the division title, but a playoff spot".

Learn to analyze games before twisting things to make them support your argument.

The "good" Anderson is really segregated into a time long, long ago... the first half of 2007. Mostly he piled up stats against tomato cans like the Bengals and Rams.

After about the midpoint of 2007, he's been epically, historically awful. Over the last 18 starts, he has a passer rating of 68.

Guys with those numbers just don't keep their jobs unless there's no alternative. So if he starts, that means the Browns believe Brady Quinn is basically Drew Stanton drafted a dozen spots earlier.

as i finish reading the thread i am amazed at how relevant my post actually was.

shep, statements like this

After about the midpoint of 2007, he's been epically, historically awful.
make you look really bad and remove a lot of your credibility.

i like a lot of the stuff you contribute, but the rest of the time you sacrifice the truth in an effort to be so over-the-top lazy fans can't deny it's persuasiveness.

please, tell it a little more like how it really is.

For all of you guys who want to pump Anderson up, you hardly ever see it both ways. You bring up the WR drops, but fail to acknowledge passes at the RB's ankles or passes that sail out of bounds out of the WR's reach. You bring up how good the offense was in 2007 and don't really credit the rest of the team or acknowledge the factors like Braylon coming back from ACL surgery, Jamal being healthy or adding two pro bowl caliber players to the left side of the line. Then in 2008, Anderson gets none of the blame. It's all injuries and dropped passes. '

It's selective diagnosis.

selective diagnosis lol.

"pumping Anderson up".

is that passive aggressive for "telling it how it really was"?

until this post i was of the impression you actually watched Browns games AZ.

i'll only reply with this: the balls thrown out of bounds were probably intentially thrown away out of bounds, or put in a place only the WR could get it, and BE's 2008 drops were drops--period. they weren't haywire chucks BE the circus performer nearly reeled in, he was wide open and the ball fell in his unstretched arms square in the palms of his hands.

and if you didn't see improvement in his short/intermediate game from '07-'08 you either weren't looking for it or you're ignoring it.

You do realize the two games you mentioned , DA had a stretch where he completed like 2 out of 14 passes or something along those lines against Pittsburgh. In the Arizona game, which I was at, he threw two bonehead picks - 1 directly in the hands of Rod Hood which was returned for a TD - and another he just chuckled up into double coverage and the ball never went anywhere near the receiver. DA's play buried the Browns early in that game and they were playing catchup BECAUSE OF DA.

I also like how you gloss over the Cinci games so you avoid the whole "Anderson throwing 5 INT's in the Browns biggest game since 2002 which resulted in the Browns not only losing the division title, but a playoff spot".

Learn to analyze games before twisting things to make them support your argument.

ok, "he was 2 of 14 during a stretch". so? does that constitute meltdown? that game was more reminiscent of "nail-biter" than it ever was "2-14", if you watched it.

talk about selective diagnosis and twisting things to make them support your argument.

in CIN2 he threw 4 picks (not 5) into gail force winds, re: the gameplan. he was just a player running plays at that point of his career.

the loss to PIT was much more significant as it gave them the edge over the Browns 2-0, which came into play when they ended with the same exact record. it never should have come down to the cincy game being the end all be all for the Browns playoff hopes and the fact there was a hole a foot wide for the entire team to climb through to make it at that point shows that they weren't good enough to even deserve a playoff berth anyway.

Anderson didn't kill the Brown's fan-bases dreams of playoffs like you have brainwashed yourself to think, rather he helped put them in the conversation. face it, the team wasn't really that good and Anderson was one of the few bright spots, thus his being declared starter regardless of throwing 4 picks in the wind that day.

selective diagnosis lol.

"pumping Anderson up".

is that passive aggressive for "telling it how it really was"?

until this post i was of the impression you actually watched Browns games AZ.

i'll only reply with this: the balls thrown out of bounds were probably intentially thrown away out of bounds, or put in a place only the WR could get it, and BE's 2008 drops were drops--period. they weren't haywire chucks BE the circus performer nearly reeled in, he was wide open and the ball fell in his unstretched arms square in the palms of his hands.

and if you didn't see improvement in his short/intermediate game from '07-'08 you either weren't looking for it or you're ignoring it.

Yeah, I see a lot of QB's throwing balls out of bounds intentionally after taking the third step of a three-step drop.

The PIttsburgh game you refer to as a nail-biter, was close because of Josh Cribbs' return game. But what do I know? I don't watch the games according to you.

And BE's drops were all on him in 2008, I agree. But at least I see the reality. That is, that the Browns downward spiral was on EVERYONE - including Derek Anderson. He is not exempt and if you think he is then you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Those winds in Cincinnati really hurt Anderson you say, but Carson Palmer had enough sense to not make some of those idiotic throws to lead to INT's that Anderson did. Palmer threw a couple of picks, realized the whether conditions and shortened his game. He didn't go out there and make idiotic choices. Or does the decision to make those throws not factor into your opinion of Anderson's performance.

Seriously, you are selectively diagnosing a performance to support your argument. You aren't telling the whole story.

FTR - I havent missed a Browns game since 1993.

as i finish reading the thread i am amazed at how relevant my post actually was.

shep, statements like this make you look really bad and remove a lot of your credibility.

i like a lot of the stuff you contribute, but the rest of the time you sacrifice the truth in an effort to be so over-the-top lazy fans can't deny it's persuasiveness.

please, tell it a little more like how it really is.

Actually there is plenty of evidence, both video and statistical, to back up Shep's claim. The fact that there is evidence there, yet you still say "shep, statements like this make you look really bad and remove a lot of your credibility. " makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sisky you're getting a tad too apologetic.

I think any portrayal of DA as the only villian is incorrect. Our defense has been far from a strength and the cockpit has been inconsistent and plagued with injury.

However.

DA has also shown his huge limitations in the areas of accuracy, decision making, and a lack of athleticsm (in the form of little/no ability to improvise under pressure: he either gets it out quick or if there's pressure... watch out). Its been systemic. It also seems to pile on for him. When things start going south, he seems to get into prolonged stretches of "funk" where he takes a situation headed south and makes it worse.

So, with a tad bit of balance, you either 1) think DA can improve enough in those three areas and/or Quinn will suck or 2) you think that DA isn't going to pan out, will take too long to do so, and/or Quinn has a higher ceiling.

I'm in camp "2".

And BE's drops were all on him in 2008, I agree. But at least I see the reality. That is, that the Browns downward spiral was on EVERYONE - including Derek Anderson. He is not exempt and if you think he is then you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Those winds in Cincinnati really hurt Anderson you say, but Carson Palmer had enough sense to not make some of those idiotic throws to lead to INT's that Anderson did. Palmer threw a couple of picks, realized the whether conditions and shortened his game. He didn't go out there and make idiotic choices. Or does the decision to make those throws not factor into your opinion of Anderson's performance.

Seriously, you are selectively diagnosing a performance to support your argument. You aren't telling the whole story.

FTR - I havent missed a Browns game since 1993.

jeebus, are you pissy or what?

i realize his limitations AZ, and restating them around here is beyond redundant. DA doesn't need me piling on his faults, the board has done a great job of that since the 2nd Cincy game '07 when he provided an avenue for BQ Nation to demand Quinn.

btw, that game didn't take place in CLE. i would HOPE that Palmer, Marv Lewis & Co. would know their home stadium well enough to adjust to high winds.

allow me to make this crystal clear--Derek Anderson is not, and up to this point, has never been close to an all pro QB level. that said, he certainly doesn't suck either. based upon what he's shown on Sundays, he's the best they have and is capable of winning games.

he sets the bar, but in no way should the Browns stop there. to make it to the next level of perennial playoffness (like that?), Anderson either needs to improve or the Browns need to acquire someone who can surpass him. maybe that guy is currently on the roster, but it remains to be seen.

Sisky you're getting a tad too apologetic.

maybe so.

I think any portrayal of DA as the only villian is incorrect. Our defense has been far from a strength and the cockpit has been inconsistent and plagued with injury.

However.

DA has also shown his huge limitations in the areas of accuracy, decision making, and a lack of athleticsm (in the form of little/no ability to improvise under pressure: he either gets it out quick or if there's pressure... watch out). Its been systemic. It also seems to pile on for him. When things start going south, he seems to get into prolonged stretches of "funk" where he takes a situation headed south and makes it worse.

So, with a tad bit of balance, you either 1) think DA can improve enough in those three areas and/or Quinn will suck or 2) you think that DA isn't going to pan out, will take too long to do so, and/or Quinn has a higher ceiling.

I'm in camp "2".

i'm in neither camp. i can't predict Quinn will suck any more than someone else can predict he'll be some sort of messiah. i'm pulling for improvement to the position though.

i didn't arrive here as an Oregon/Anderson fan, he won me over with what he showed on the field. to say he can't do it ignores history and the fact he's neck and neck with the potential replacement you admit you are pulling for.

i can't predict the future but i also won't settle for what he's shown in the past and believe he has a higher ceiling. there's a lot there to give up on and he's already ahead of so many highly touted prospects in the past that never made it this far. thinking he's a lost cause while the c-bus messiah can't even get past him to break the starting lineup shows huge, undeserving bias imo.

I just have a hard time believing that anyone here thinks Derek Anderson is a guy who will lead a team to the playoffs and maybe a Super Bowl over a decade of starting. He's nothing like "That Guy." He's inconsistent, not the sharpest hoe in the shed, not much of a leader, and sort of lazy.

I just can't relate him to any of the great quarterbacks of the past couple decades. Again, he reminds me of Jim Everett quite a bit.

Hide the KY jelly, shepqueer is in the house.

sheps loins are twitching again. It's a sign. He doesn't know shit about football but boy howdy does he have an eye for who is "That Guy".

Seriously though shep, it's good to hear your take on these things. You get us thinking about great topics like "Who's the best QB in the NFL, Peyton Manning or Brady Quinn"

Actually there is plenty of evidence, both video and statistical, to back up Shep's claim. The fact that there is evidence there, yet you still say "shep, statements like this make you look really bad and remove a lot of your credibility. " makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about.

he was not "epically, historically awful" AZ. that would not even have been fair to say about Frye.

now Ken Dorsey...there's one example you'd get no complaints about.

anything less than him "makes you look like you have a real hard on for Derek Anderson for some reason".

.....some reason like truly believing he's solely responsible for flushing the Browns chances of 2007 postseason down the tubes. maybe let go of some of that angst from 2002-2006 on someone more deserving, someone like.... Art Modell. in fact, we can motherfuk him together all day if you want.

An entire post without one single sentence that made an ounce of sense. But at least you seem drunk this time.

shepqueer, I wasn't talking to you. I thought you had me on ignore? what gives?

It's interesting that you have a hard time believing Anderson can take a team to the playoffs when he was in a tiebreaker for a playoff spot in his first year of starting.

But then again, you think the Bench Warmer Quinnie is in a class with Peyton Manning.

"DA's been awful since the middle of 2007. Truly horrible by every measure."

Every measure, eh? How about we measure him against Brady Quinn? Uh oh.

Hey shepqueer, do you realize if you were to exptrapolate Quinnie's career numbers over a 16 game season that it would be the worst season in Cleveland Browns history? It's true. I think I'm gonna start a thread on it.

Sisk, you just have to start with, "DA's been awful since the middle of 2007. Truly horrible by every measure."

Then if you have a "but," that's cool. But you really gotta start there or it's pointless.

how do you overcome an awful QB and still magically win 5 games though? well, 4 1/2. i already know the answer you'll give for the 49ers game. ;)

can't we meet in the middle with, "DA's not all-pro by any stretch, but he's easily serviceable."

i could even accept "there's a plethora of things for him to work on this offseason," vagueing it out some.

gosh, we need a new villain. it's no wonder DA readily offers that he "doesn't read anything" to anyone that will listen in CLE.

Two straight. Not even a syllable of any meaning, insight, or import.

Vodka: The breakfast of self-loathing, alcoholic, homophobic failures!

do you know who goes around calling people homophobes?

Answer: Homos.

shepqueer, the guy who can't figure out why QB ratings go down when it's snowing.

and if Quinnie ever gets a starting job in this league, he'll have a 1,000 effing excuses for his 2nd half decline. Good ole shepqueer.

jeebus, are you pissy or what?

i realize his limitations AZ, and restating them around here is beyond redundant. DA doesn't need me piling on his faults, the board has done a great job of that since the 2nd Cincy game '07 when he provided an avenue for BQ Nation to demand Quinn.

btw, that game didn't take place in CLE. i would HOPE that Palmer, Marv Lewis & Co. would know their home stadium well enough to adjust to high winds.

allow me to make this crystal clear--Derek Anderson is not, and up to this point, has never been close to an all pro QB level. that said, he certainly doesn't suck either. based upon what he's shown on Sundays, he's the best they have and is capable of winning games.

he sets the bar, but in no way should the Browns stop there. to make it to the next level of perennial playoffness (like that?), Anderson either needs to improve or the Browns need to acquire someone who can surpass him. maybe that guy is currently on the roster, but it remains to be seen.

Then there is no need to take the sside of DA in these arguments. Play the even line.

I know that game didn't take place in Cleveland, but if winds are as bad as people like Lumbergh want to make it out to be, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why you shuoldn't be heaving up ducks in crazy weather conditions.

shepqueer, the guy who can't figure out why QB ratings go down when it's snowing.

and if Quinnie ever gets a starting job in this league, he'll have a 1,000 effing excuses for his 2nd half decline. Good ole shepqueer.

Just like Lumbergh

The moron who can't figure out why a QB's numbers went down while playing with a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

You aren't any different than the accusations you make.

Tool

Lumpy,

Is that a cubical you're perched on? Get your ass back to work dialing for dollars you telemarketing buzzsaw you! Until you have something intelligent to say, stick to the script...Hello my name is _________ and I'm calling to....

Just like Lumbergh

The moron who can't figure out why a QB's numbers went down while playing with a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

You aren't any different than the accusations you make.

Tool

Hey look it's the "I'm not a hack" wanna-be sports writer who inflates pick numbers for DA. Nice journalistic style. Very shepqueerish.

Hey look it's the "I'm not a hack" wanna-be sports writer who inflates pick numbers for DA. Nice journalistic style. Very shepqueerish.

1 - I have told this to you before. If I was a "wanna-be", I wouldn't get paid as a professional by Rivals.com to cover college football and basketball (You Oregon State guys do know what College Basketball is right?)

2 - Numbers are not inflated. He threw 19 picks in 07. Plain and simple. Not sure how that's inflated.

3 - Just because I have called you out on many false statements that you refuse to respond to, doesn't mean you can do it in return when it hasn't happened.

Stick to message boards. Maybe if you ever produce something of factual substance people will respect you.

Just remember, I associate with people you probably jack-off to.

Then there is no need to take the sside of DA in these arguments.

as a passionate Browns fan it is simply not in my programming to sit idly by and allow people to bash the guy just for the sake of bashing him. just trying to keep the board honest about it is like digging a sand hole at the beach while the tide is coming in.

Play the even line.

your suggestion is duly noted, maybe you should try it as well. ;)

Just remember, I associate with people you probably jack-off to.
yeah, and you sound like your own biggest fan.

funny, i almost said that to you before. it definitely comes through in your writing, just thought you'd like to know that.

Archived