THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson over Quinn

Zombo

He of course dropped it and the offense fell apart soon after.

A million circular arguments here, but this is also what I fear watching DA. Things go south and he struggles to be the spark that turns things around. Your QB has to be unflappable. Probably more than any other player on the team.

I remember seeing more drive killers from incompletions on third down passes that didn't get close enough TO get dropped. ;)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as drops go I seem to recall a long pass against Dallas that hit BE right in the hands that would have tied the game up early. He of course dropped it and the offense fell apart soon after. And I also remember the one at the end of BaltimoreII that BE dropped that would had put the game away for the Browns. And yes DA did throw a pass that got returned for a TD that sealed the game for the Ravens but if BE catches that easy long pass and runs in for the TD then DA is never in the position to throw the ball that got intercepted and run back because he would not have been playing catch up.

As in all posts on this subject I like to point out that if you look at BQ and DA at the same time in their careers that they have almost identical stats. From completion percentage (actually DA's is higher) to yards per pass completion (12.0 to 11.9) all the way to age and situation. Improved OL, improved receivers, better coaching and favorable schedule. And chances are that the Browns will not be the 30th ranked defense this year as they showed improvement last year and only added more depth and production this year. It all points to BQ having a better year in 2009 than DA did in 2007. Now it is time to go prove it. At least 10 wins and a playoff birth. I am not saying over 3700 yards and 29TDs because I do not think BQ is that type of QB. I will just go with the win total as my bar.

BQ will get his chance this year (95% chance he starts I think). It is time for him to put up or for everybody to be as harsh on him as they are on DA. I don't want to see, well we lost but the WR's dropped the ball or man if the defense could only stop somebody. I want to see wins and I want to see production. And I want to see people make an honest evaluation of the QB.

And I will tell you that I get really tired of people saying they only attack DA because of Oregon State people or Oregonians. There is only ONE person that post on here that calls BQ fans names or people that support change. ONE. But there are at least Five people that I can think of that call a group of people names because of one person. If you want to call Lum names you go for it because he does the same thing. But don't lump everybody from Oregon or people that support Oregon State into one basket because we don't luimp you all into one basket.

Looking forward to a great season this year and a exciting camp. God I miss Football.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. I just hope we can forget all that ugliness and have some something to look forward too starting

August 1. Thanks CMAC.

I said this many times before. It dont matter what shep thinks or anybody else. Its the coaches choice. So fuk espn or any other sports show. You can put up all the numbers/stats in the world and still wont mean nothin.

True, BUT I sincerely hope the RIGHT person makign the decision reviews history to see 3 different seasons of regression from DA. I'm sick of hearing all these excuses why DA can't win these 10-6 games or maintain poise late in December in very WINABLE games vrs Tampa Bay 06 or Cincy 07.

Some will say 10 wins is hard to argue with. Okay, RAC didn't argue with those 10 wins and gave DA tenure. How'd we do? What was our winning percentage in 08 for those games DA started. In 3 years of starts I haven't counted a SINGLE AFC team he has beaten that has won more than 8 games.

The ALTERNATIVE to this is a first round prospect Charlie Weis promises would be great if given the chance. The first 2 starts without a shattered index finger produced an average of 30 points. Not only that, but the ONLY drive he led in 07 produced points. I see more promise in BQ.

- Tom F. (I think my excitement for the upcoming season would suffer an enormous blow if we put DA back out there. As a backup, I'd embrace him more UNLESS he turns things around and shows me progress)

Archived