THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn on ESPN Classic

Guest Aloysius

Musberger started out the broadcast by trashing Quinn's performance in the Michigan game (24/48, 234 yds., 3 TD, 3 INT).

Did you notice Musburger making sarcastic remarks about his "coverboy" looks etc. Methinks he didn't care much for Quinn. BTW, I've seen teh Michigan a few times and I don't think Quinn played near as bad as he got blamed for. They got behind the 8 ball quick on some tipped pick sixes.

Guest Aloysius
Did you notice Musburger making sarcastic remarks about his "coverboy" looks etc. Methinks he didn't care much for Quinn.

Clearly, he's a Troy Smith fag.

Guest Aloysius

Quinn seems to have issues with linemen dropping into coverage...

(According to Football Outsiders, our offense last year was pretty good against conventional blitzes but was worst in the league against LeBeau's baby)

Quinn seems to have issues with linemen dropping into coverage...

(According to Football Outsiders, our offense last year was pretty good against conventional blitzes but was worst in the league against LeBeau's baby)

That should all change this year. I can't imagine Mangini not being better prepared for LeBeau and the line will be hugely improved IMO. It's a pretty smart line even if Hadnot starts. I'm sure Quinn will do well picking up unconventional blitzes just from his mobility. Harrison and Cribbs are nice dump off guys that can seriously hurt a blitz, problem is DA had such issues with that part of the game.

Guest Aloysius

Bob Davie: "Brady Quinn, to me, is as mentally tough as any quarterback that I've maybe ever seen. He's really being tested in this situation."

I hear receivers like it better when you rifle it three yards behind them.

This is a perfect game for the naysayers. I see the knock on accuracy from the scouting reports.

Beautiful.

Quinn seems to thrive when running the no huddle. Could be that it keeps him from overthinking things.

Lots of guys seem to thrive with it tho. It's a Qb's dream really. You can play with more instincts than structure. Palmer's offense and Couch were polar opposites and then Davis opened things up at times and Holcomb thrived til he would mess up. Obviously the offense can't go the whole game doing it but it makes you wonder why its not done more. Boomer and Kelly seemed to like it.

This gets lost in all the QB stuff but the key for this staff is to utilize the talents they have instead of fitting a square peg into a round hole. That's all the Browns have been doing for years. If Quinn excels at certain things let him do them.

BTW, Stanton's pick was pitiful at that juncture of the game.

Archived