THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn on ESPN Classic

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
Lots of guys seem to thrive with it tho. It's a Qb's dream really. You can play with more instincts than structure. Palmer's offense and Couch were polar opposites and then Davis opened things up at times and Holcomb thrived til he would mess up. Obviously the offense can't go the whole game doing it but it makes you wonder why its not done more. Boomer and Kelly seemed to like it.

The Bills are planning to use a lot of it in order to compensate for their lack of quality pass protectors. They had Jim Kelly come in to show Trent Edwards how to run the K-Gun.

I was never a big Quinn guy when he was in college. It was obvious he was a gamer and pretty smart but games like these were what made/make me worry about him.

I mean, it wasn't bad, in fact it was damn good, but it doesn't always beat the elite teams

Ill give him this, he never seems to get discouraged or complacent.

If he wins the job this year, I expect a lot of bumps in the road.

at Michigan State (Sep. 23)

Attempts:36

Completions:20

Completion %:55.6

Yars:319

TD's:5

INT's:1

Rating: 170.3

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=17544

And really not a great game ocon. He was inaccurate at times and made some stupid decisions but you can really see the glimpses, especially with the long ball. At times he put too much air under it but as Alo said he may have let the wind get it a couple times.

Agree, but not shabby for a slop-fest.

All I know is I want to see it come regular season. I'm dying to see what the kid has got over a good stretch of starting and being the man. This is going to be a totally interesting season. TE's, RB's, oline, dline, backers, wideouts, backs.......it's all going to be interesting. Oh, and Mangini as coach after enduring RAC.

All I know is I want to see it come regular season. I'm dying to see what the kid has got over a good stretch of starting and being the man. This is going to be a totally interesting season. TE's, RB's, oline, dline, backers, wideouts, backs.......it's all going to be interesting. Oh, and Mangini as coach after enduring RAC.

I think Quinn can do it. After all, he is the golden boy of our Brownies.

Guest Aloysius
And really not a great game ocon. He was inaccurate at times and made some stupid decisions but you can really see the glimpses, especially with the long ball. At times he put too much air under it but as Alo said he may have let the wind get it a couple times.

It reminds me why I was so strongly against drafting him, at least at #3. Quinn could end up being a very good starting QB, but I didn't see a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning-type QB, both because of the accuracy and decision-making under pressure concerns.

I mean, imagine if Savage had picked him at #3 and put him behind a line that didn't include Joe Thomas. I don't see how that could have possibly worked.

I didn't want Quinn at number 3. I had a fetish for AP big time but at the last minute started thinking logically about Thomas. I would have been happy with either but morso JT.

He's a future HOFer folks.

Archived