THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack Signed This Morning

Guest 88fingerslewy

**Confirmed**

subscribe_service.gif

Mack signs five-year deal

Posted July 25th, 2009 by Marla Ridenour

340x.jpg

Browns center Alex Mack, the 21st overall pick in the draft, signed a five-year contract late Friday night, a source confirmed.

Further terms were not available.

A resident of Santa Barbara, Calif., Mack flew to Cleveland Friday, but negotiations lasted until just after 1 a.m. Saturday.

Expected to unseat incumbent Hank Fraley for the starting center job, Mack wanted to participate in the Browns' rookie orientation, which began Friday. Mack, a 6-foot-4 and 312 pounder who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.99 seconds, won the Draddy Award, college football's academic Heisman, in 2008.

LINK

FrogDance-blank_molly.gif

Great News!!!!! Good find 88fingerslewy

Read on the OBR, someone heard it on sirius this morning. No other details

History shows us in Cleveland - once you go Mack, you never go back. If he stays healthy, I think he'll be fantastic, not to be confused with Faine-tastic. Okay, that was 2-pid. I'm pumped we have this kid signed and ready to start. That's all I care about. When I think of the following side by side I get a little giddyup in the confidence thing:

Thomas - Steinbach - Mack - Womack/Hadnot - St Clair/Womack

Foster gives us depth at OT and he was talented enough to be a high round draft pick so the story isn't over with him.

That should compete. Does anyone recall the Bears running game looking better than last season in quite some time? We got ONE of the enormous reasons why. I'm not as excited about the dependability of Tucker as I once was because 2002 was a LONG time ago. The last 3 years shows me what NFL wear and tear can do to the mind and the body. I've seen an emotional AWOL followed up with a 4 game suspension for roids followed up with about 1 game of reps over the span of the last 3 years. I heard each and every time that he was an important leader to this team and all I could think of was HOW?

- Dances with Woofs

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/07...five-year-deal/

Mack signs five-year deal

Posted July 25th, 2009 by Marla Ridenour

Friday night negotations lasted into the wee hours of Saturday before Browns rookie center Alex Mack signed a five-year contract, a source confirmed.

A resident of Santa Barbara, Calif., Mack flew to Cleveland Friday, but didn't put pen to paper until just after 1 a.m. The University of California product was selected 21st overall.

Further terms were not available. Profootballtalk.com reported that Mack will receive guaranteed money of $12.2 million, which includes an option bonus. The web site said Mack got about a 7.5 percent raise in his core deal compared to last year's No. 21 pick, Atlanta Falcons offensive tackle Sam Baker (five years, $13.5 million, $7.8 million guaranteed, according to NFL.com).

Expected to unseat incumbent Hank Fraley for the starting center job, Mack wanted to participate in the Browns' rookie orientation, which began Friday.

A 6-foot-4 and 312-pounder who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.99 seconds, Mack won the 2008 Draddy Award, college football's academic Heisman.

With the full squad reporting date Friday and the first practice Saturday, the Browns will turn their attention to three unsigned second-round selections — receivers Brian Robiskie of Ohio State and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia and linebacker David Veikune of Hawaii. Pro Bowl special teamer Joshua Cribbs and kicker Phil Dawson also hope to renegotiate their deals.

Guest TheJokersWILD

Everything looks and sounds like Mangini and Co. are serious about turning this franchise around by bringing in quality players, competition at key positions, and making sure all the rookies are signed. I am very pleased, now let's get the two receivers signed and we will be good to go.

Archived