THE BROWNS BOARD

Vick reinstated.

Ex-Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated by the NFL after serving a prison term. He'll likely sit until week 6.

Good, he did the crime, he did his time. Let him play.

Who does everyone think might take a chance on him? Vikings if Farve doesn't play? Can you imagine him and AP? I'm sure he has lost a step, but still explosive.

I keep hearing Jacksonville. Not sure it makes sense. God knows Belicheck could use him in some sore of capacity. Also Parcells might take the gamble since he seems to be able to control players. I know (to me) the thought of Vick and Cribbs and Harrison in the backfield in a form of the flex formation would be sick and could accumulate to endless possibilities. Plus all the dawg pound jokes that could accompany that. Just my opinion tho... With all that said I could see him in a Viking uni or Pats uni...

I never thought of that, lol. It won't happen. I see the Dolphins or Vikings

I really wonder what "Stars" are proposing to their coach or GM to sign this guy. The Bills?

I don't see Mangini sipping that Kool-Aide either. Dolphins with pat white and ronnie brown throw in vick could be sick. I think the Bills have enough headaches with T.O. Top 3 teams for me would Be Miami, Minnesota, or New England.

He's not a good fit for any contemporary NFL offense, but he'd be great in a WildDawg. The Vikings are a WCO team and I can't imagine a worse fit than Michael Vick for that.

Ronnie Brown has been the king of the WildDawg in Miami, but I could see Vick taking that role. But I really, really, REALLY struggle to envision Vick as a successful full-time starting quarterback in the NFL. He's more of an athlete who can throw a football a long way than a passer or field general.

Vick didn't exactly tank the Wonderlic, though. I think he got a 20. He really struggles to express himself, though. Never seemed like a QB to me.

Which is why I see him brought in to be a situational player. More of a Flex option. I think we can all agree that his starting Qb days weren't necessarily stellar. I believe he would just be a different dynamic to an offense. Teams like Minn and Miami or New England that have their qb (or could if Favre comes to Minn) and a steady running attack could use him to step up the run game. Maybe enhance the WildDawg or bring the NFL closer to an option attack. The more I think about it the more the thought of Pat White, Ronnie Brown and Vick lining up in the same backfield make me quiver...

Guest Aloysius
I keep hearing Jacksonville. Not sure it makes sense.

I agree. Jacksonville's new GM has put a premium on character, cutting Matt Jones & Jerry Porter and passing on B.J. Raji. Not sure Vick fits his plans for the team.

Herm Edwards brought up New Orleans as a possibility, and I think it makes a lot of sense: Sean Payton's an innovative offensive coach, and the combination of Vick & Bush in the WildDawg could breathe some life into their stagnant running game (28th in the league in '08).

Which is why I see him brought in to be a situational player. More of a Flex option. I think we can all agree that his starting Qb days weren't necessarily stellar. I believe he would just be a different dynamic to an offense. Teams like Minn and Miami or New England that have their qb (or could if Favre comes to Minn) and a steady running attack could use him to step up the run game. Maybe enhance the WildDawg or bring the NFL closer to an option attack. The more I think about it the more the thought of Pat White, Ronnie Brown and Vick lining up in the same backfield make me quiver...

Except that Vick and his agent have expressed the desire to be a QB. I can't see him signing with anyone that will limit him to role situations with no chance to earn the starting QB job, unless it just comes down to lack of offers before camps get too far into Aug.

I agree. Jacksonville's new GM has put a premium on character, cutting Matt Jones & Jerry Porter and passing on B.J. Raji. Not sure Vick fits his plans for the team.

Herm Edwards brought up New Orleans as a possibility, and I think it makes a lot of sense: Sean Payton's an innovative offensive coach, and the combination of Vick & Bush in the WildDawg could breathe some life into their stagnant running game (28th in the league in '08).

As always Alo you bring in a side that makes sense. I never thought of New Orleans. Sean Payton is as crafty as it comes.

Except that Vick and his agent have expressed the desire to be a QB. I can't see him signing with anyone that will limit him to role situations with no chance to earn the starting QB job, unless it just comes down to lack of offers before camps get too far into Aug.

Honestly I don't see a team giving him a chance to start. Towards the end of his career he started becoming somewhat respectable as a passer. If he wants a chance to play I'm thinking it'll be a situational role player. My opinion. Then again I'm not an NFL GM that gets paid to make these decisions.

Honestly I don't see a team giving him a chance to start. Towards the end of his career he started becoming somewhat respectable as a passer. If he wants a chance to play I'm thinking it'll be a situational role player. My opinion. Then again I'm not an NFL GM that gets paid to make these decisions.

I agree, but his agent may convince him he can and to hold out for an offer from a team that is questionable at QB. I really don't see him signing on with anyone too quickly.

NE might have already said no way but if Belicheck can think of way to use him I see it happening. I think Vick's agent is crazy to talk him up to sit and wait for a starting opportunity. Tampa is already cutting QB's and Jon Gruden isn't coaching anywhere so a team stacking up QBs isn't in Vick's favor. I do wish him well in his second chance in the NFL. He is exciting to watch.

Thought I heard something about Singletary out in San Fran saying that he'd give him a shot, and immediately after the brass condemned the remark saying that he was just speaking hypothetically. Sounded at the time like Mike thought Vick would be a upgrade over the current crop of QB's and everyone knows that he doesn't put up with player crap. Could be a good fit with the possibility to start. Also, I think sitting 6 games, if that's true, is 6 games too much. He already sat out at least 32 games if you want to call it that. He served his time, let him play.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, but I could see that crazy f*cker Al Davis taking a flier on him. Yeah yeah they have Jamarcus but Al has always loved speedsters and he could try to impose some sort of WildDawg offense out there in Oakland...

Stranger things have happened. But like with TO going to the Bills I'm sure it's going to be some random team nobody saw coming....

The Raiders signing some form of outcast player is like the sun coming up tommorow there is a damn good chance it will happen. It very well could be he signs with someone out of no where.

Forgot about Pat White in Miami. Skip that one. New England already said no way.

Nobody's going to sign Vick to be their starting QB this year. No way. Has to be somebody who has some special plans for him.

You know, I could see New Orleans. You don't want Drew Brees and his 5,000-yard arm off the field much... but Vick and Bush on the field together maybe 10 times a game is pretty cool.

He's going to be the most publicized part time player in the NFL this year.

If Vick could be incorporated as an RB plus part time QB Miami would be the place to go. Both he and Pat White are lefties therefore your blindside could remain at RT so as not to give away the playbook whenever either of them trotted out onto the field.

Guest Aloysius
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, but I could see that crazy f*cker Al Davis taking a flier on him.

Apparently, he's already nixed the idea:

I have no interest in Vick. We're in win-now mode, and I've learned from experience that Leavenworth guys rarely contribute year 1

I can see Dan Snyder taking a flyer on him in Washington..He is not too concerned over public opinion since everyone already thinks he's a putz. He could be a good option or backup qb for them and may even give him a chance to win the job.. I personally like the kid they have.. he could surprise this year.. Jason Campbell finally will have the same offensive system for 2 years in a row..that's got to be a relief. So far he's shown to be very efficient. 2nd year in the same system he could bloom. It must have sucked for him ... i think he went his 1st 4 years with a new offense every year.. But as far as vick.. he's a posso for the skins IMO

Sorry guys...I would sign him.

Be it as a qb, rb, receiver, or some hybrid position, if he still has it...he is worth a low dollar contract.

I guess my desire to win games is greater than my desire to have choir boys on the team.

As long as the players on the team didn't mind his signing, screw public opinion. The public is usually wrong anyway.

Look at it this way....abuse him like a dog...make him run it 25 times a game for as long as he can.

Apparently, he's already nixed the idea:

Yeah, but it's Al Davis.

All joking aside, I'm not too sure that man can remember the last word that came out of his mouth. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Raiders signed Vick.

I could, however, see Pittspuke signing him to be Rapesburger's backup and/or to be a utility skills position player.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, what if he went to the Browns and we installed a T formation. Oh my Jesus, Quinn, Harrison, Vick, and Cribbs on the field at the SAME TIME! Think of the motion you could motion from a T to a Shotgun, and the D would have MAJOR problems. Ill draw up a pic and post it so you can visualize this shit

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, what if he went to the Browns and we installed a T formation. Oh my Jesus, Quinn, Harrison, Vick, and Cribbs on the field at the SAME TIME! Think of the motion you could motion from a T to a Shotgun, and the D would have MAJOR problems. Ill draw up a pic and post it so you can visualize this shit

You wouldn't happen to play a lot of video games would you?

When you draw your next pic, can you please for the love of God take Glue Hands Hubbard off your starting lineup sig?

There is a lot more to football than throwing a bunch of flashy players out there, otherwise you'd see teams full of scatbacks. I like your zeal, but no way would I want a Mike Vick type on my team. I'd rather root for a loser, I have plenty of experience at that.

If Cribbs continues to hold out we could get Vick as a replacement.

I don't know if i would go for that. Vick is 29 and Cribbs is much more versatile in my mind. I don't see Vick covering kicks like Cribbs does. I'm in no way saying that 29 is old for the NFL. I think him being out for 2 years will definitely set him back some. I think Cribbs is a better option for us. Besides he plays QB, Rb, WR, KR, PR, Kick coverage and isn't he playin safety ;) . Hell he will even paint your back porch.... he does everything...

Just having a Vick on your team brings an intangible asset, that your opponent has to defend against.

This would be a win win for the city of Cleveland, no more stray dogs to worry about and if BQ gets hurt we dont have to be kicked in the ass with watching DA coming in off the bench.

Archived