THE BROWNS BOARD

An interesting note about the schedule

NW Ohio Brownie

Saving the three mandatory divisional roadies, the Browns road schedule can't be much easier.

In ESPN's latest Power Rankings, the Browns' (ranked #28) schedule breaks down this way:

Games vs. Teams #1-10: 6

Home: 4 (Pit, Bal, SD, Min)

Away: 2 (Pit, Bal)

Games vs. Teams #11-20: 2

Home: 1 (GB)

Away: 1 (Chi)

Games vs. Teams #21-30: 8

Home: 3 (Cin, Oak, Jax)

Away: 5 (Cin, KC, Det, Den, Buf)

Those 5 road games and the 4 home games with #'s 1-10 will probably tell the tale. If the Browns can somehow get six wins out of those nine contests, then a winning record is well within reach.

Most likely, we go 1-2 in our division road games (win in either Cincy or Balt). That means we need to take 3 of the other 5 for a .500 road record. I hate to say it, but we'd need a miracle to beat the Steelers there.

Can that be done? Maybe...we won in Buffalo last year, KC & Det are on our level (based on last season), Denver is supposedly weak this year, winning in Chicago could prove to be tough.

I really don't know how things will shake down, but it will be very interesting if we somehow are 6-5, or even 5-6 going into December, because we have 4 out of the last 5 at home. I guess I'm dreaming a bit, but if we can indeed go 6-2 at home, the playoffs are actually in reach.

Well, we always lose to Detroit and Denver, so chalk those up as L's.

Yeah, F-in Denver. They have had our number, this season it'll be different.

Archived