THE BROWNS BOARD

Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson INJURES LEG

Dan in Florida

I found more.

Vikes QB Jackson hurt during practice

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI (AP) – 42 minutes ago

MANKATO, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson left the practice field on Saturday morning with an apparent leg injury after getting tangled with a defensive lineman during an 11-on-11 drill.

Jackson was injured when defensive lineman LeTroy Guion fell at his feet and rolled over his leg. Jackson folded to the field in pain as trainers rushed to check on him. After a few minutes, he was able to get up and walk off under his own power.

"I really don't know what happened," Guion said. "Everybody was moving so fast."

The fourth-year pro first received some attention at a tent on the side of the field before heading to the team's locker room area at Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Jackson did not return to practice and there was no immediate word on the nature of his injury.

"I have no information on his status yet," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said after practice.

Jackson is in a battle with Sage Rosenfels for the starting quarterback position after Brett Favre decided not to come out of retirement and join the Vikings.

"Whether it's Tarvaris or any of your guys, you don't want to see any of your guys go down, no matter who it is," Bevell said. "Whether it's your quarterback, your third tight end, it doesn't matter. You don't like to see anybody have any type of injury."

The Vikings have held three practices since training camp began on Friday, and Jackson and Rosenfels have been splitting the snaps with the first team.

In his first season on the job, Vikings coach Brad Childress drafted Jackson in the second round as his quarterback of the future. He has been up and down in his first three seasons in the league, which led to the recruitment of Favre all summer long.

When Favre called Childress on Tuesday to tell him he wasn't coming, the competition started anew for Jackson and Rosenfels.

Jackson's familiarity with the offense appears to have given him a slight edge so far, but it's still very early in the competition.

"It's pretty tough (to see that), especially in practice," left tackle Bryant McKinnie said. "Hopefully he'll be all right."

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

link

Its classified as a Grade I sprain of the MCL, which means he's day-to-day.

Means he might miss a couple days of training camp, although it might also mean he becomes Sage Rosenfel's back-up.

Damn, I thought we would get a new water boy. well camp is still young.

both Sage Rosenfels and Derek Anderson are 1-0 vs Brady Quinn head to head in football games.

You did mean to say the teams they played on . . . didn't you ?

In the NFL that's 53 players per team . . . not one. Unless you were babbling about college. How many years ago was that ?

You should be happy. Anderson's trade value has gone from Schlitz to Scotch in one day.

Archived