THE BROWNS BOARD

Dumb question,about Week 1...Vikings

ImpactPlaya

In your guys opinion,which scenario would have more ramifications on at least in the 1st half of the season?

The Browns losing to the Vikings or beating the Vikings?

I think beating a NFC power could give the Browns a octane boost to start the season....much much needed optimism could kick start a surprising start.

Its been awhile since the Browns won a season opener.....was it the Ravens when Garcia was QB?

To really see where the Browns stand I would like to see the Vikings at there best, win or no win

To really see where the browns stand they will need to jel as a unit this will likely take a few games into the regular season and some hefty adjustments for our players so the more disorganized/beat up the vikings are the better chance we have to start putting it together...now by mid-season i want to see the browns playing teams that are at their best to see where we stand....hehehehehe ;)

Guest 88fingerslewy

1st half of the season is lop-sided home-away. 1 home 2 away, 1 home 2 away, 1 home 2 away. Gotta get the W's at home.

Getting beat by a guy named Sage?

....it sucked last year and would suck again this year.

Two things:

1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

Two things:

1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

You dont want to beat teams at their best?? Boy that has to be one of the stupidest statements I have heard in a very long time...

You dont want to beat teams at their best?? Boy that has to be one of the stupidest statements I have heard in a very long time...

Well we know your name means John Holmes 10' incher in Ward 86. Well he cries like a bitch, I am sure he takes it like a bitch.

hines-ward-seoul-mayor.jpg2007_09_hinesward.jpg

Moral victories are for #16 seeds. If the Browns win, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be disappointed. This isn't college football, where you can schedule a team that's made up of asthmatic D&D nerds. It's not even MLB, where teams can and do face the reality of being cellar dwellers for two decades. This is the NFL, where talent differences exist, but not to the extent in other sports. Especially at the beginning of the season with a full roster. If they win, it's a success, if they lose, then start up the "Mangini must shop at RAC's Krispy Kreme" posts.

Dennis

Two things:

Sure a win is a win, but what's going to happen the following year when those teams are healthy again? I'd rather have a 6 or 7 win season against healthy teams this year than an 11 win mirage season against a bunch of scrubs where the following year I'm wondering why my team is suddenly so God-awful again.

With that said, I hope Minni is at there best and we pull of a big win to start the season. I'm giving us better than a 50/50 shot, but that's just my undying optimism.

Question marks STILL remain with the Williams'es [Pat & Kevin ] either being able to play or being suspended the 1st four games. the on and off again court proceedings are waiting for a verdict from the 8th circuit, that will overrule the State court ruling that will allow them to play, [at least at the start of the season]

That said, the defensive line without them will be an advantage for us, along with an untested 2nd year center -John Sullivan who takes over for Matt Birk {who went to the Rats} And WHO knows about the QB play from either TJack or Sage?

Archived