THE BROWNS BOARD

My Browns uni concept

WVBrownsfan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks again for the positive comments everyone ! Here's a logo I came up with that may not work on the uniform but maybe as a patch on shirts, hats, etc.

Browns-patch-2.png

What would make sense for you....financially....is if you developed a similar logo for all 32 NFL teams (and maybe even all other major league sports franchises, NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL etc.), incorporating each teams color scheme and state of location.

Of course, you would probably have to get licensing permission and approval from the NFL etc. to produce....and profit from your creations. And of course give them THEIR cut. I understand these teams/leagues are a very tough nut to crack and very protective of their imagery. Even with an outstanding product like yours, they might not be willing to accept it simply because it was not created by their own internal marketing arms. Remember the whole lawsuit issue over the Ravens logo that Art Modell stole from some guy on the street that submitted it to them. That whole experience has put off the NFL and its properties division from accepting things of this nature from people on the street. Nevertheless, it is worth a shot.

Plus, if you pursue it, you would need to apply for trademark protection. (The lack of such protection hindered the Baltimore guy in his claim against Modell's theivery)

Right now, by posting this creation in the public domain you may have already lost certain rights to it as it can now be disseminated any where pretty much. You may want to contact a patent/trademark attorney about it to see if you can still be protected.

No charge for the advice!

What would make sense for you....financially....is if you developed a similar logo for all 32 NFL teams (and maybe even all other major league sports franchises, NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL etc.), incorporating each teams color scheme and state of location.

Of course, you would probably have to get licensing permission and approval from the NFL etc. to produce....and profit from your creations. And of course give them THEIR cut. I understand these teams/leagues are a very tough nut to crack and very protective of their imagery. Even with an outstanding product like yours, they might not be willing to accept it simply because it was not created by their own internal marketing arms. Remember the whole lawsuit issue over the Ravens logo that Art Modell stole from some guy on the street that submitted it to them. That whole experience has put off the NFL and its properties division from accepting things of this nature from people on the street. Nevertheless, it is worth a shot.

Plus, if you pursue it, you would need to apply for trademark protection. (The lack of such protection hindered the Baltimore guy in his claim against Modell's theivery)

Right now, by posting this creation in the public domain you may have already lost certain rights to it as it can now be disseminated any where pretty much. You may want to contact a patent/trademark attorney about it to see if you can still be protected.

No charge for the advice!

What about the uniform? Would that be the same thing? Or not?

What about the uniform? Would that be the same thing? Or not?

Yes, it would be the same.

That brings up an interesting story. Once upon a time in the 80s, I submitted a trademark application for Westide Steve's band (Easy Street). (You all know Westside Steve...one of the originators of this board I believe...or at least one of the major domos here who also does the movie review column here...and a denizon of the Crescent Club patio on Put-In-Bay in the summers).

When they send you their approval of their trademark they, at that time anyway,(before public internet usage) would send you a book containing copies and photos of all the trademarks approved and protected during that week. On the page just following the Easy Street trademark were the trademarks issued to several of the NFL teams new uniform designs. It wasn't every team, just those that were making uniform changes. I recall specifically the Seattle Seahawks were in it.

(it was about 25 years ago). I believe I gave that book to either Steve or one of the other Easy Street band members.

sorry to say but i would riot if they wore these on the field.

cool idea but the browns have a classic jersey that will never get old.

+1 for numbers on the helmets though.

The Browns do have a classic jersey, but it has already gotten old. The nice part of the marketing of today is teams can appease both sets of the fanbase - the ones that wants to stick with the old 'classic' look; and those that crave something new. That's what the 'retro' look is all about and why it is worn by many teams. The Browns could keep their classics - as they do now when they wear the numbered helmets - for a couple/few games per year.

I love this thread and am again excited to see so many of my Browns Bretheren that share my views on updating our look!

OK, so? That illustrates that Dan Rooney is an excellent owner and football executive and the Dick LeBeau is one of the greatest defensive minds in history. That being said, what does the accident of your birth in the Pittsburgh area have to do with their performance?

What contribution did YOU personally make to that accomplishment?

That's such a gay weak argument Oh what did you have do with this accomplishment?? Did I say I was a player or a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and had anything to do with them?? No. What I have been is a diehard Steelers fan for over 25 years seeing that I'm 33 years old now, and have been a season ticket holder since the mid 90's when Bill Cowher took over. I unfortunately wasnt alive for the Super Bowls of the 70's to witness them or experience them or as you like to say "contribute" to them. What I have had is the privilege of going to some of the greatest playoff games in Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field history since I have been going to the games. And like you said I give credit to the Rooney's for their ownership and stability and the great job of the Steelers coaching staff and players throughout that whole time.

FYI, Northeast Ohio owns 13 professional football championships. I can list them if you would like. Call us when you catch up.

And yes, the NFL, the HOF and every other legit organization out there recognizes them. The fact that your young, dumb, small mind can't recognize them is more a reflection of your own ignorance and prejudice than of anything else.

These titles count, Super Bowl or not. The Super Bowl is nothing more than a marketing name put on the NFL Championship.

The NFL Championship has been around since 1920, whether you like it or not.

Just because you were nothing but a future jiz spot doesn't detract from them. And I DO remember pre-SB championships, so that blows your nose.

Yes they count and people recognize them?? But if you go outside the Cleveland area I dare you to find me 10-20 people who actually care about them and consider them to be a better overall franchise then the Pittsburgh Steelers. The fact of the matter still is since the Super Bowl has been called the Super Bowl the Browns are 1 of 5 teams to have never played in the actual game and experience what it actually means to your city and to your football team. And 2 of the 5 teams are expansion teams one has been around for 14 years, the other one has only been around for 7 years. And if you go around and ask diehard Cleveland Browns fans if it doesnt bother them and drive them nuts that they havent not only not won a Super Bowl, but not even have played in one ever, everyone of them would be completely full of shit if they said it didnt.

That's such a gay weak argument Oh what did you have do with this accomplishment?? Did I say I was a player or a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and had anything to do with them?? No. What I have been is a diehard Steelers fan for over 25 years seeing that I'm 33 years old now, and have been a season ticket holder since the mid 90's when Bill Cowher took over. I unfortunately wasnt alive for the Super Bowls of the 70's to witness them or experience them or as you like to say "contribute" to them. What I have had is the privilege of going to some of the greatest playoff games in Three Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field history since I have been going to the games. And like you said I give credit to the Rooney's for their ownership and stability and the great job of the Steelers coaching staff and players throughout that whole time.

You are the one that started the weak, gay BS. What goes around, comes around.

Why don't you simply recognize that you indeed are privileged and "lucky" to have been alive during an era when the team from the town you live in has had a good run. If you had been born in 1922 and begun following the Steelers when you were 10, you would have been 50 years old by the time you would have seen them win their very first postseason game.

That is why I say it is nothing but an accident that you have enjoyed a team that has performed well. It is only an accident on our part that we have lived through a recent futile era of the Browns. There is nothing about what you have ever said or done that gives you the right to gloat, now is there? Other than accidentally living your life. The Steelers for the last 15 years could just as easily have been right down there with the Pirates given the right slight change of circumstance. Do you have any more cause to gloat over the Pirates performance than the Steelers performance? No.

Yes they count and people recognize them?? But if you go outside the Cleveland area I dare you to find me 10-20 people who actually care about them and consider them to be a better overall franchise then the Pittsburgh Steelers. The fact of the matter still is since the Super Bowl has been called the Super Bowl the Browns are 1 of 5 teams to have never played in the actual game and experience what it actually means to your city and to your football team. And 2 of the 5 teams are expansion teams one has been around for 14 years, the other one has only been around for 7 years. And if you go around and ask diehard Cleveland Browns fans if it doesnt bother them and drive them nuts that they havent not only not won a Super Bowl, but not even have played in one ever, everyone of them would be completely full of shit if they said it didnt.

Here is a clue for you dude: The Steelers are defending NFL Champions...and nobody outside of Pittsburgh gives a sh** about that...any more than you or anyone else gives a sh** about the 13 titles we own.

And the fact of the matter is, having all those titles stills gives the Cleveland area more titles than any other metropolitan region...and it is still more than double the number of titles Pee-town owns.

All we have done for the last 40+ years is to give other cities the opportunity to catch up...and none have.

And, EVERY fan EVERYWHERE wants their team to win all the time. It bothers the fans of the Giants that they didn't win the SB last year, even though they won it just the year before.

Won't it bother you when the Steelers don't repeat next year? Do you think you will feel any better about not winning the title next year than Browns fans will feel about not winning the title next year? Probably not. Having won it last year will give you no greater solace for not winning it than Browns fans will have for not having won it since 1964.

Ya follow?

You are the one that started the weak, gay BS. What goes around, comes around.

Why don't you simply recognize that you indeed are privileged and "lucky" to have been alive during an era when the team from the town you live in has had a good run. If you had been born in 1922 and begun following the Steelers when you were 10, you would have been 50 years old by the time you would have seen them win their very first postseason game.

That is why I say it is nothing but an accident that you have enjoyed a team that has performed well. It is only an accident on our part that we have lived through a recent futile era of the Browns. There is nothing about what you have ever said or done that gives you the right to gloat, now is there? Other than accidentally living your life. The Steelers for the last 15 years could just as easily have been right down there with the Pirates given the right slight change of circumstance. Do you have any more cause to gloat over the Pirates performance than the Steelers performance? No.

Well I dont think anybody could be as bad as the Pirates have who are on the verge of breaking the all-time losing record in pro-sports for losing seasons with 17 straight. You have to work that hard and have terrible ownership and management to not even be good one year even if it's by accident or by pure luck. But still much like many Browns fans are still loyal to the Browns after all the losing I am the same with the Pirates as well. The Pirates are for the first time in a long long time headed in the right direction and I believe their losing ways will come to an end over the next few seasons.

Believe me I am very very grateful that I have been able to witness the amount of success that the Steelers franchise has had since I have been a fan 20 some years ago. I am even more grateful that Pittsburgh became the first city ever to win a Super Bowl Championship and Stanley Cup Championship in the same year only 4 months apart. And I am sure everybody else who just happened to be born by "accident" as you like to put it is just as grateful as I am.

Here is a clue for you dude: The Steelers are defending NFL Champions...and nobody outside of Pittsburgh gives a sh** about that...any more than you or anyone else gives a sh** about the 13 titles we own.

And the fact of the matter is, having all those titles stills gives the Cleveland area more titles than any other metropolitan region...and it is still more than double the number of titles Pee-town owns.

All we have done for the last 40+ years is to give other cities the opportunity to catch up...and none have.

And, EVERY fan EVERYWHERE wants their team to win all the time. It bothers the fans of the Giants that they didn't win the SB last year, even though they won it just the year before.

Won't it bother you when the Steelers don't repeat next year? Do you think you will feel any better about not winning the title next year than Browns fans will feel about not winning the title next year? Probably not. Having won it last year will give you no greater solace for not winning it than Browns fans will have for not having won it since 1964.

Ya follow?

It does bother me when the Steelers dont win the Super Bowl every year, but at the sametime I am also realistic and know that it's virtually impossible to win every single season. It's just not going to happen. The way the NFL is now with all the parody it's hard enough to win one Super Bowl let alone 2 or 3. That's why I think the Steelers winning 2 Super Bowls in 4 years and having a chance to win 3 in 5 years this season, along with the New England Patriots of this decade winning 3 in 4 years is just an amazing accomplishment in this era of the salary cap and free agency. That's the difference between the NFL of today, and the NFL era back when the Browns won all of their titles. It's much more difficult to win on a consistant basis and make the playoffs year in and year out.

Steelers:

Superbowl championships won with the help of PED's and officiating: 6

Superbowl Championships won without the help of PED's and cheating: 0

At least us Browns fans can hold our head high knowing we never have had to cheat our way to a superbowl win. The Steelers have never won a superbowl without cheating, wither, so we are even.

Steelers:

At least us Browns fans can hold our head high knowing we never have had to cheat our way to a superbowl win. The Steelers have never won a superbowl without cheating, wither, so we are even.

Please tell me how the officiating helped the Steelers win last year's Super Bowl idiot?? The Steelers had a TD called back against them on their opening drive by official review, they had a Warner fumble that was initially ruled a fumble in the 3rd quarter overturned when they would have had the ball in Arizona territory already up 10 points. And at the end of the game they had a potential game clinching 3rd down completion to Holmes with 2:30 left called back because of a holding call which occured in the end zone which resulted in a safety which made it 20-16, and gave the Cards the ball back in which they proceeded to score right after and take the lead 23-20. Finally, on the game-winning drive they had the opening play called back on a holding call which made it first and 20 and backed the Steelers up to their own 12 yard line making them go 88 yards instead of 78 to win the game which of course they did.

So there moron all the things I just pointed out about last years Super Bowl are actual facts and things that happened and reality, and proof that the officiating didnt help the Steelers win shit last season. Unlike you I deal in reality and actual facts and dont live in fantasy dream land like you do just because you hate the Steelers and need an excuse to make up for them having so much success. Do you have proof that any Steeler uses steroids either?? Are you a doctor or do you have friends that are doctors that have tested them or any of the ones from the past?? Maybe you think James Harrison uses them because maybe you were actually the douchebag that Harrison picked up and slammed on the field back in 2005.

Please tell me how the officiating helped the Steelers win last year's Super Bowl idiot??

Piece of advice from me to you:

If you're going to spend time/survive on your rival's fan board, you need to let shit roll off of your back.

Piece of advice from me to you:

If you're going to spend time/survive on your rival's fan board, you need to let shit roll off of your back.

I have no problem letting shit roll off of my back. Like I just did above if you're going to come on here and make assanine ridiculous statements Ill do what a normal unbiased football fan will do and that's back it up with facts and what really took place which is all I did in the post above. I dont need to resort to name calling and insulting people for a legit comeback. That's all that a good portion of the Browns fans on this site have to offer. They cant back up their statements with actual football facts that took place. They just go back to the same shit they always say like the Steelers cheated, fans are bandwagoners,wait until the Steelers have a few losing seasons like the Browns and we will see where the fans go, and just other worthless crap that doesnt say or prove anything.

It does bother me when the Steelers dont win the Super Bowl every year, but at the sametime I am also realistic and know that it's virtually impossible to win every single season. It's just not going to happen. The way the NFL is now with all the parody it's hard enough to win one Super Bowl let alone 2 or 3. That's why I think the Steelers winning 2 Super Bowls in 4 years and having a chance to win 3 in 5 years this season, along with the New England Patriots of this decade winning 3 in 4 years is just an amazing accomplishment in this era of the salary cap and free agency. That's the difference between the NFL of today, and the NFL era back when the Browns won all of their titles. It's much more difficult to win on a consistant basis and make the playoffs year in and year out.

I don't necessarily buy that, simply because history shows its not the case. In every single decade since the league began there has been a "dominant" team that won at least three titles. So a dynasty is a staple of the NFL and the leagues that merged with it. In the 20s it was the Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs, in the 30s it was the Packers, in the 40s the Bears in the NFL and Browns in the AAFC, in the 50s it was the Browns and Lions, in the 60s the Packers, in the 70s the Steelers, in the 80s the 49ers, in the 90s the Cowboys, and in the 00s so far the Patriots.

Just like back in the "old" days, you have to have an outstanding organization and outstanding coaching. That formula hasn't changed to win titles. It can win today in the era of salary cap and free agency just as it did back then....and the Patriots...and Steelers are proof of that.

Well I dont think anybody could be as bad as the Pirates have who are on the verge of breaking the all-time losing record in pro-sports for losing seasons with 17 straight. You have to work that hard and have terrible ownership and management to not even be good one year even if it's by accident or by pure luck. But still much like many Browns fans are still loyal to the Browns after all the losing I am the same with the Pirates as well. The Pirates are for the first time in a long long time headed in the right direction and I believe their losing ways will come to an end over the next few seasons.

Believe me I am very very grateful that I have been able to witness the amount of success that the Steelers franchise has had since I have been a fan 20 some years ago. I am even more grateful that Pittsburgh became the first city ever to win a Super Bowl Championship and Stanley Cup Championship in the same year only 4 months apart. And I am sure everybody else who just happened to be born by "accident" as you like to put it is just as grateful as I am.

Not to bust your bubble, but, I am going to bust your bubble. The feat you mention, winning an NFL title followed by a Stanley Cup the next spring has been accomplished 3 other times in addition to this year: The Bears won the NFL in 1933 followed by the Blackhawks winning the NHL. In 1935 the Lions won the title followed up by the Redwings winning the Stanley Cup the following spring. Detroit had these same two teams repeat that feat again in the 1953 NFL and 1954 NHL seasons.

If a stooler fan tries to hijack a cool post by a good Browns fan, don't completely go off topic with the fool. Let him be the jackass that he is but stay on topic. It's sorry to see such a good thread with a great concept had to get ruined!

Steelers:

LOL... LOL...LOL...LOL... You guys kill me.

Archived