THE BROWNS BOARD

Getting harder to say there is no bias in the education system

htownbrown

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I see a daily caller article that only references the teacher making the claim with some additional filler about how great he is. 

Maybe it's right, but the article is incredibly one sided. I'd like to know if there was more to this.

You mean, Daily Wire.  Vet it if you'd like.

6 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

You mean, Daily Wire.  Vet it if you'd like.

Sorry, yeah, my bad.

I mean, I'm not going to go be an investigative journalist. A lot of what I'm seeing is The Blaze and the usual. Maybe there will be more out there in a day or so. 

I'm just saying that's clearly a one sided article

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sorry, yeah, my bad.

I mean, I'm not going to go be an investigative journalist. A lot of what I'm seeing is The Blaze and the usual. Maybe there will be more out there in a day or so. 

Well to be fair, the guy simply stated a universally undisputed fact.  Trump is the president after all.  You don't have to like the news outlet reporting it to agree with that. 

2 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Well to be fair, the guy simply stated a universally undisputed fact.  Trump is the president after all.  You don't have to like the news outlet reporting it to agree with that. 

He did. Of course I'm wondering if there's more to it than that 

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Moreso that I just don't have faith in clearly biased media. 

Well I did your(our) due diligence.  There appears to be more to the story.  Not that the liberal news is covering this story, they're not, but I found one more bit of info not in the original article.  Apparently, after the mob came for his original tweet, he responded to one of them with, and I quote:  "Liberals Suck" and then quickly deleted it.

Now I know what you're thinking, that is the cuntiest thing you've ever heard a teacher do.  Unfortunately, there have been numerous other teachers in this district, according to multiple sources, to post scathing anti-conservative/Trump tweets without discipline.  So essentially, you're looking at bias from either end.  Pick your poison, I suppose.  I know, I'm just as shocked as you even though we've witnessed it countless time.

Now of course, the school denies any of this and cites confidentiality as reason to not talk about it.  So call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but that's quite a cowinkydink.  

So there you go Woody, no use waiting on NPR, John Oliver, or Vice News, they don't give a shit.  There won't be any witty jokes or background music with this story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5481014002

5 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

So there you go Woody, no use waiting on NPR, John Oliver, or Vice News, they don't give a shit.  There won't be any witty jokes or background music with this story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5481014002

Responses like this really make me feel like not engage in a back and forth, fyi. More of that "condescending" thing I've pointed out before. That's at least how I'm reading it.

So, what, if someone isn't getting their news from the Daily Wire they most only be getting it from John Oliver? Give me a break...

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Responses like this really make me feel like not engage in a back and forth, fyi. More of that "condescending" thing I've pointed out before. That's at least how I'm reading it.

You get to set your own sensitivity levels if that's how you feel.

2 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

You get to set your own sensitivity levels if that's how you feel.

You've been known to go on a patronizing kick. 

So there was an angry mob outside of the school? Then it sounds like this is more the bias and unreasonableness of that angry mob, not the inherent bias in the school, which attacked to protect itself. Not the most noble thing to do, but not exactly firing him for just tweeting Trump's our president. 

Though, again, we still don't really know the whole story. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You've been known to go on a patronizing kick. 

So there was an angry mob outside of the school? Then it sounds like this is more the bias and unreasonableness of that angry mob, not the inherent bias in the school, which attacked to protect itself. Not the most noble thing to do, but not exactly firing him for just tweeting Trump's our president. 

Though, again, we still don't really know the whole story. 

Don't be a kettle Woody.

We know as much as we're going to.

It is bias by the school, and I'll explain it better this time.  If you can shrug off the conservative mob, you should have the balls to shrug off the liberal mob.  Unless, of course, your biased toward a certain mob.

9 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Don't be a kettle Woody.

We know as much as we're going to.

It is bias by the school, and I'll explain it better this time.  If you can shrug off the conservative mob, you should have the balls to shrug off the liberal mob.  Unless, of course, your biased toward a certain mob.

Assuming those mobs are of equal size and influence

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I see a daily caller article that only references the teacher making the claim with some additional filler about how great he is. 

Maybe it's right, but the article is incredibly one sided. I'd like to know if there was more to this.

I would have to guess that someone in your department wouldn't notice it as much Woody.

I know I will regret the compliment but engineering students probably have a lot more shit to do than sit around and worry about BLM and safe spaces and women's studies. Even though you have your share of commentary on those types of issues.

WSS

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I wonder why Yale University hasn’t been renamed?

It was named in honor of Elihu Yale, who was a slave owner and slave trader.

I imagine since Yale University is a liberal indoctrination center, the Libs would be willing to overlook that fact.

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I would have to guess that someone in your department wouldn't notice it as much Woody.

I know I will regret the compliment but engineering students probably have a lot more shit to do than sit around and worry about BLM and safe spaces and women's studies. Even though you have your share of commentary on those types of issues.

WSS

I'm not sure I quote understand where your comment is coming from? This was a high school teacher.

But yes, I've said that many times. It's especially funny when certain posters here claim my time at University "brainwashed" me into liberal thinking. You think anyone on the Engineering campus gave a shit about any of that? Lol. We didn't even bother voting in our own Engineering student govt. You could win a spot with like 50 votes. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not sure I quote understand where your comment is coming from? This was a high school teacher.

But yes, I've said that many times. It's especially funny when certain posters here claim my time at University "brainwashed" me into liberal thinking. You think anyone on the Engineering campus gave a shit about any of that? Lol. We didn't even bother voting in our own Engineering student govt. You could win a spot with like 50 votes. 

"Something that never looks bad on your permanent records Chip." - G Marmalard

WSS

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey Wood, maybe you explain to me the subtle differences between Grant Napear being fired from the Sacramento Kings for tweeting 'All Lives Matter' and Nick Cannon keeping his job as host of The Masked Singer on Fox after his minutes long racist rant.

I ask this sincerely because you are usually better than at least some at trying to view an incident from both sides, or in this case, 2 separate incidents that parallel each other, yet have vastly different outcomes for vastly different participants. 

^ It's things like this that have me fighting the current narrative from the media, the far left and its mob, as I do not play the 'heads I win, tails you lose' game very well - and that's quite the understatement.  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Hey Wood, maybe you explain to me the subtle differences between Grant Napear being fired from the Sacramento Kings for tweeting 'All Lives Matter' and Nick Cannon keeping his job as host of The Masked Singer on Fox after his minutes long racist rant.

I ask this sincerely because you are usually better than at least some at trying to view an incident from both sides, or in this case, 2 separate incidents that parallel each other, yet have vastly different outcomes for vastly different participants. 

^ It's things like this that have me fighting the current narrative from the media, the far left and its mob, as I do not play the 'heads I win, tails you lose' game very well - and that's quite the understatement.  

Didn't Nick Cannon lose a bunch of business? Yeah ViacomCBS canned him. But Fox kept him. Weird. 

At the end of the day it comes down to what the private company thinks is best for their business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Didn't Nick Cannon lose a bunch of business? Yeah ViacomCBS canned him. But Fox kept him. Weird. 

At the end of the day it comes down to what the private company thinks is best for their business. 

Just not a good look any way it's spun. 

I live by If I can't, you can't - If you can, I can - If I can, you can...... Too bad everyone doesn't subscribe to such a simple way to live life. 

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Just not a good look any way it's spun. 

I live by If I can't, you can't - If you can, I can - If I can, you can...... Too bad everyone doesn't subscribe to such a simple way to live life. 

I would say context always matters

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I would say context always matters

... and I would say only sometimes it matters.

When it matters: I as male can't walk into the women's bathroom.

When it doesn't: When someone can or can't apply for a college grant simply because of their race.

^ 3 guesses as to why this dad that paid cash for his daughter's 4 year Cal State University education used this as an example 😒

• Upvote 1