THE BROWNS BOARD

Do you miss Winslow?

dawgpound3

Do you miss Winslow?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss Winslow?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't

I for one do, I loved his catching ability and his swagger. Unfortunately, his swagger and attitude got him in trouble. He was more (IN)famous for mouthing off, and criticizing people instead of his playing on the field. It's a double-edged sword. He's a excellent tight end, but hampered by his knees and his big mouth.

I'll sure miss his catching abilities and the ability to cause mismatches on the playing field, but I will not certainly miss his "me-me"attitude.

Not missing Winslow at all, and I liked him. Better WR's, QB play and solid run blocking and catching TE's will make his absence a non-entity.

This team was too much about Edwards and Winslow before, now even Edwards is realizing this team can go on without him. There are some serious WR's here now that are up and coming.

He always came to play but was becoming limited in what he could bring to the table... I for one loved his swagger yet he was becoming too much of a diva for my liking...I'll reserve judgement until we play a few... As of today though, I think we're better by subtraction,,, We now have an actual blocker for our running backs.....

Peace

T.Dawg

I miss him and I believe that he would have flat out thrived under Mangini.

Say what you want about Winslow, but he was a competitor. I also think he's one hell of a teammate.

We're going to miss the match up problem he created. We're going to miss a top 5 NFL set of hands on this team. We're not as good without him.

Does that mean the "team" won't thrive without Winslow? Of course not. But in my mind its silly to question whether we'd be better with or without him. Trust me, the defensive coordinators that have to game plan for our offense are quite pleased he's gone.

I miss Winslow about as much as I miss Bush... and I really wanted to like Winslow. I just read way too much about how big of a mentally impaired dickhead he is. Don't know what happened to him in the head, but it's worse than his knee.

He wasn't the same guy last year.

Huh?

Phil Savage proved that he was an immature scout masquerading as a GM. His handling of Winslow's medical issues last year was outrageous. Let me say that again, it was outrageous.

Give me one report of a teammate saying something about Winslow being anything but a great teammate. There's no T.O. drama with him. The guy showed up. Played. Played hurt. Catches a ton of balls.

You're out to lunch on this one Shep.

I don't miss him...but for specific reasons.

He was a great pass catcher...but that was it. That was his game. Due to his injuries he couldn't/wouldn't be asked to block...so you automatically reduced the pass protection and run blocking by having him in the game.

Rucker is a pass catcher...but he is young and healthy and even if he doesn't ever attain the level of catching ability of Winslow...he will have the added benefit of learning to block....which will increase the effectiveness of the running game and allow more time to throw to our WR's and RB's coming out of the backfield...and to run some plays that take longer to develop.

Royale and Heiden are excellent blockers who can keep our QB's clean and break our RB's free on the outside edge. Both are also decent WR's....so if you try and cover them with LB's...they can feast on the middle of the field. Besides which...you will never know if they are staying in or doing a late release...which will prevent LB's from coming on blitzes.

Basically, by eliminating a one dimensional (yeah, great, but still one dimensional) weapon from our offense, you have actually added by subtraction.

I love the move. It allows us to run a 2 TE set where you have NO IDEA what TE (1, both, neither) will come out into a route. Keep the defense guessing and/or burn them when they do.

Not that I disliked Winslow, but considering the personnel we acquired because of that trade, I'm over the short honeymoon. Top that with a younger, healthier, and comparable TE in Rucker I sincerely think Winslow shouldn't be missed at this point.

Obviously, it is way to early to tell if we will miss K2 or not. Give it until about a third of the way into the season to see how Rucker, Royal, Heiden etc. perform. Then and only then could we tell if we missed him.

FYI, last year after Joe J. got hurt this team desperately missed him, for sure. So the jury is out on K2.

Archived