THE BROWNS BOARD

Training Camp Daily - Wednesday night

OconRecon

Training Camp Daily tonight:

- Stallworth meeting: Talk of how it is doubtful Stallworth will be back this year, and they question if there is room for him anyway

- They say BE was excited to be back and clearly the best receiver on the field

- BE said he didn't want a new contract. It was never about that.

- They showed BE and Mangini talking, and you get the feeling they get along, and get each other - from the body language at least

- BE interview. He seems eager and focused.

- Say RAC was too fatherly, or even grandfatherly, and Mangini seems to know what Braylon wants. At this moment in time, BE needs to know he'll be relied upon. The first play of each drill went to Braylon as if to say "we're glad you're back".

- MoMass seems ahead of Robo. He is really comfortable in the slot

- MoMass interview - says he and Robo and very close, "like brothers", already.

- Mangini interview - Asked about WR's, talked about MoMass and Robo, but somehow ended up mentioning Davis. He likes him some J.D.

- They think Patten OR Furrey stays, but not both.

- Cory Ivy interview - man, that guy is scary looking. All business. Dead serious. Proud that defense "almost pitched a shutout" during goal line drill.

- On a DA sack, Mangini clearly smiling with the defense's QB pressure

Closing thoughts

- Mary Kay - defense won today. They look good.

- Andre Knot - the defense clearly wants to be more physical and has a new "nasty exterior" in the Brian Cox and Rob Ryan mold.

I think Bryan Cox is the going to be the unsung hero of the coaching ranks and injects the nastiness he had as player on the whole defense. Something SORELY lacking over the past years. ...maybe ..just maybe... actually having to tackle someone in practice might help... Wow ..Romeo.. what were you thinking?

- Andre Knot - the defense clearly wants to be more physical and has a new "nasty exterior" in the Brian Cox and Rob Ryan mold.

You could almost see that in some of the clips they showed of the "goal line situations." So much screaming, chirping, whistling and whatnot going on by everyone. Just really high energy.

Mangini did have a little smirk on his face when DA got sacked.

I almost cry when that show ends, it's so good. We watched the 12 eps of season one in 12 nights... and I remember it fondly. Having to wait a whole week sucks.

"Nurse Jackie" is a great, great show. And I'm waiting for "Mad Men" to blow me away again.

"Hung" blows.

You da man, Ocon.

Nurse Jackie slightly farfetched but good enough.

Hung sucks ass.

STO Browns Camp rules.

Guest Aloysius
- MoMass seems ahead of Robo. He is really comfortable in the slot

Donovan suggested that based on Tuesday's practice (Massaquoi's best and Robiskie's worst), it might be fair to say that MoMass is ahead. When he asked Mary Kay about it, she said that Robiskie was clearly ahead during the first couple days, but Massaquoi's since upped his game.

The part about him playing in the slot is interesting. It opens up our set of options at receiver: if Braylon leaves after this year, Massaquoi moves out to BE's split end spot; if he stays, MoMass probably competes with Robiskie for the #2 spot, with the loser becoming a very capable #3/slot guy.

Hopefully, his progress on the field will only continue.

Archived