THE BROWNS BOARD

Both of our QB's SUCK

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

WTF are we doing?

Serioulsy, why can't we ever bring in a veteran to push these young dumbass'es?

I went to Camp today with Riffer. He's a Quinn homo and still hangs onto that 'hope' and 'dream' that someday a pretty boy QB will make the front cover of the National mag's don'ing a Browns Jersey.

Screw that pipe dream! These guys are followers, back-ups, losers, never-was .....

Anderson and Quinn looked like shit today. As Riff stated, Anderson held the ball so long I blew my load and had a cigarette. Quinn panics and dumps passes through defenders arms that are just plain stupid throws. He puts touch on a balls that should be hammered home in a goal line set. He floats a ball when a receiver busts a seem and can't wait around for a delivery.

hold on a second ... I'm dry heaving.

We sit here day-in and day-out hanging on these two clowns. Where's Drew Bledsoe for $1-mil? Why are we stuck in an off-season with Brett Farve and Michael Vick? Where is the Vet that could out play these two kids with his eyes closed?

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourselves. Again as Riff stated, you might read or hear of a TD pass from one of these guys, but what the story fails to tell you is how one of our weakass DE's already busted in, stopped, and stared at the QB for two-seconds before that pass was ever even thought of being released. 3.5-seconds before it's launched. (I'm not exaggerating, although I wish I were)

OMG, I'm going to get sick.

Let's switch gears and talk about something else.

The receivers caught virtually EVERYTHING. Ok, a pass or so behind a TE was occasionally dropped. Rucker dropped a pass in one-on-one routes that was poor, but beyond that it was catch, after catch, after catch, after catch. much improved from recent years and definately the best ever while a Robiskie was on the field (that's a dig at the father ... settle down Buckeye fans).

The DB's seemed to play closer to the line from years past. Those that know me, know that I like that. I like me some bump-n-run. To tell you the truth, the biggest WR blunder tonight was Braylon not getting off the line on one one-on-one drill, he lined up again with a short break and stumbled again. I can't remember the DB in coverage (Riff?), but on the first attempt, the DB shoved Braylons head to to the ground and stopped him dead as he stumbled out of the blocks. the second time, Braylon stumbled on his own while attempting to fire off. The plays were consecutive, so they stuck out. Keep in mind, this was a one-on-one drill with just him, a DB, and his QB - with all the time in the world to run an elaborate route and get seperation. It's a WR drill, the DB's are typically hung out to dry with no help. Braylon, to his credit, made all the catches, but didn't look 100% with his legs under him.

Let's move on to the RB's ... i'm going to pick-up where I left off in years past in calling out Jamal Lewis. He don't look nearly as hungry as he did when he came here. I say he's washed up, and won't contribute much this season. I like James Davis a lot ... I keep thinking of Greg Pruitt when I see him. Not the moves and break-away (tear-away?) factor, but the type of body or build. He looks smooth. (Zippy, he is my 'Corey Bridges' take it for what it's worth). Harrison is over-rated. Guys (Harrison fags) c'mon, get serious. The guy is no where near taking it inside. He runs sideways behind the line. If we get him his 5-7 balls out in the flat with nothing but the end-zone 60-yards away, he may break it, or gain 40-50. But he's no every-down back. He's gay, and Jamal is the dancing bear. With those two and the two clown QB's, we will suck. Let's see what James Davis can do ... let's punt on third down (someone drown me).

Best Training Camp story ... honest to God, the Browns were practicing blocking punts tonight with Zastudil kicking. Each time, the DB came in uncontested and blocked the full-out punt off of Zastudil's foot. Is that crazy? I mean, it's cool that they are teaching/practicing it, but to use Zastudil for the drill? That's a dangerous drill on both sides.

We noticed that it didn't appear that we have any back-up FG kickers or Punters on the roster. On Special team drills, balls were launched by a back-up QB's arm, to simulate a punt/kick. That's a big change from previous camps.

I was a DA fag, and never really bought into the pretty boy, but have given up on both. I hate them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS
Well, I've seen Harrison (last year)... and he's really good. I used my eyes. Both of them.

I saw Quinn against Denver. And he was really good. I saw Anderson against the Giants. And he was really good.

When you're that depressed and hung over, I seriously recommend a double Bloody. Maybe a Perc.

You've seen Harrison run between the tackles? You've seen Harrison explode off of a mis-direction play and run for daylight. big difference ... huge difference.

Stop being a QB homo for a second and think about the consistency from these two clowns? Quinn can't even put together two good practices in a two-a-day, and Anderson is the poster boy for this franchise ... just when you think we have something, we fall hard, and land on a hard wooden toy.

We are now into Bloody-Marys, up from kool-aid? ... you're right, make it a double.

Guest ATENEARS
I asked the OBR guys about the quarterback competition... and if they really believe Anderson could start the opener.

They agreed that Anderson has looked better. He looks like the guy who has started 27 games and has the bigger arm.

SOBO thinks there's a possibility that Anderson could win the job, although he believes the team went into camp slanted toward Quinn. Adkins believes it's unlikely that Anderson starts. He's stated before that he doesn't believe it's a competition in the truest sense and that the team wants to know once and for all what they have in Brady Quinn.

But to be clear: They agree that Anderson has been better so far.

That sounds decisive ... where can I buy a jersey?

WTF are we doing?

I went to Camp today with Riffer. He's a Quinn homo and still hangs onto that 'hope' and 'dream' that someday a pretty boy QB will make the front cover of the National mag's don'ing a Browns Jersey.

Screw that pipe dream! These guys are followers, back-ups, losers, never-was .....

Anderson and Quinn looked like shit today. As Riff stated, Anderson held the ball so long I blew my load and had a cigarette. Quinn panics and dumps passes through defenders arms that are just plain stupid throws. He puts touch on a balls that should be hammered home in a goal line set. He floats a ball when a receiver busts a seem and can't wait around for a delivery.

We sit here day-in and day-out hanging on these two clowns. Where's Drew Bledsoe for $1-mil? Why are we stuck in an off-season with Brett Farve and Michael Vick? Where is the Vet that could out play these two kids with his eyes closed?

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourselves. Again as Riff stated, you might read or hear of a TD pass from one of these guys, but what the story fails to tell you is how one of our weakass DE's already busted in, stopped, and stared at the QB for two-seconds before that pass was ever even thought of being released. 3.5-seconds before it's launched. (I'm not exaggerating, although I wish I were)

The receivers caught virtually EVERYTHING. Ok, a pass or so behind a TE was occasionally dropped. Rucker dropped a pass in one-on-one routes that was poor, but beyond that it was catch, after catch, after catch, after catch. much improved from recent years and definately the best ever while a Robiskie was on the field (that's a dig at the father ... settle down Buckeye fans).

The DB's seemed to play closer to the line from years past. Those that know me, know that I like that. I like me some bump-n-run. To tell you the truth, the biggest WR blunder tonight was Braylon not getting off the line on one one-on-one drill, he lined up again with a short break and stumbled again. I can't remember the DB in coverage (Riff?), but on the first attempt, the DB shoved Braylons head to to the ground and stopped him dead as he stumbled out of the blocks. the second time, Braylon stumbled on his own while attempting to fire off. The plays were consecutive, so they stuck out. Keep in mind, this was a one-on-one drill with just him, a DB, and his QB - with all the time in the world to run an elaborate route and get seperation. It's a WR drill, the DB's are typically hung out to dry with no help. Braylon, to his credit, made all the catches, but didn't look 100% with his legs under him.

Let's move on to the RB's ... i'm going to pick-up where I left off in years past in calling out Jamal Lewis. He don't look nearly as hungry as he did when he came here. I say he's washed up, and won't contribute much this season. I like James Davis a lot ... I keep thinking of Greg Pruitt when I see him. Not the moves and break-away (tear-away?) factor, but the type of body or build. He looks smooth. (Zippy, he is my 'Corey Bridges' take it for what it's worth). Harrison is over-rated. Guys (Harrison fags) c'mon, get serious. The guy is no where near taking it inside. He runs sideways behind the line. If we get him his 5-7 balls out in the flat with nothing but the end-zone 60-yards away, he may break it, or gain 40-50. But he's no every-down back. He's gay, and Jamal is the dancing bear. With those two and the two clown QB's, we will suck. Let's see what James Davis can do ... let's punt on third down (someone drown me).

Best Training Camp story ... honest to God, the Browns were practicing blocking punts tonight with Zastudil kicking. Each time, the DB came in uncontested and blocked the full-out punt off of Zastudil's foot. Is that crazy? I mean, it's cool that they are teaching/practicing it, but to use Zastudil for the drill? That's a dangerous drill on both sides.

We noticed that it didn't appear that we have any back-up FG kickers or Punters on the roster. On Special team drills, balls were launched by a back-up QB's arm, to simulate a punt/kick. That's a big change from previous camps.

I was a DA fag, and never really bought into the pretty boy, but have given up on both. I hate them.

Quit being such a homo.

Either Anderson or Quinn can win.

Every year we are like 30th in defense and the Ravens and Steelers are like #1 and #2 and some homo complains it's because our QB sucks.

Congrats Skippy, this year it's you.

F***ing Flacco goes to the AFC championship and everyone is still wondering about the QB position.

WHEN THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE A BETTTER PHYSICAL AND DEFENSIVE TEAM THEY WILL BEAT THE RAVENS AND STEELERS AND NOT BEFORE THEN I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHO THE QB IS.

F***ing Anderson threw for 29TDs and 3700 yards and we missed the playoffs by a gnat's hair and everyone blames him instead of the f***ing 30th ranked defense.

What the f*** is wrong with you people?

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS

STFU Zippy ... read between the lines (or Riffer's post) our stupid-ass 30th ranked Defense walked through plays and still bitch-slapped our oh-so-close NFL starters.

Offense is what you talk about in August, Defense is hopefully what we are talking positive about come November. we are our in training camp, if you missed that while bike riding in PA.

Shep's OBR guys are still blowing smoke up his Californian ass and others here are still goo-goo eyed over the Brday stud. Wake-up, there is no clear cut favorite or starter because there is no clear cut favorite or starter.

Defense can blow me. Until they stop a meaningful drive or ten, they don't get no attention.

Yep, our franchise QB is out there somewhere, he's just not in Berea. Coach and GM inherited a pile of crap, and it's going to take more then one season to get it all off the carpet. I like the direction we're headed in all areas, except for the QB position that is...............................Hopefully next year.

Quit being such a homo.

WHEN THE THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE A BETTTER PHYSICAL AND DEFENESIVE TEAM THEY WILL BEAT THE RAVENS AND STEELERS AND NOT BEFORE THEN I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHO THE QB IS.

Zombo

LOL! God bless ya! Seems like old times again when you and Skippy are throwing down during training camp.

You gotta admit keeping Pittsburgh AND Indy to just 10 points was about as well as our defense could play. Truth is we couldn't score an OFFENSIVE TD in either game while Indy scored a TD on our offense. Brian Sipe OR Bernie Kosar wins those types of ballgames. I think DA gave up more points against Baltimore than our defense did. I'm not seeing the offense grow and it can't if the starting QB regresses as film/scouting reports replicate around the conference.

Bottomline: if we were getting better from the DA project - there would be a consensus and liquored up versions of Koombaya-my-loddies-Koombaya. I don't remember anyone getting pissed Gary Danielson or Mike Pagel or Don Strock wasn't getting a fair chance. And why? The QB won close games whether he needed alot of points or just enough points.

What games are you going to this year Zombo? Did Merletti mail you Skippy's season tickets yet? That was an awesome letter you sent him.

- Tom F.

dude you must already have had 3 too many because your talking nonsense, camp has only been live for a few days, they are learning a brand new offense, and the QB position is one of the toughest in all of sports, give them a break. Not to mention that, as I said before, players can play completely different in game than in practice, hence why I have my money on Brady.

Oh, btw, Quinn is ranked the #1 sleeper QB FF pick this year y one of the writers at yahoo sports

WTF are we doing?

:) I said Lewis looked washed up last year- in fact I'm counting on it. IIRC I got a bet with Sisky that Lewis isn't going to come close to 1,000 yards.

Okay, who clampled a set of vice grips on Stan's lower lip?

How far are we from the first EXIBITION game? New coach? New offensive coaching staff? New offense? New center? New wr's? Hello?

I think somebody needs a snow cone to help them be patient....

Allright, allright.... Guys... time to calm down a little.

Ok, Aten... we know you're pissed. :lol: Frankly, you got some points. We haven't exactly been hearing great news out of Berea concerning either QB. And that troubles me. As great as it is to hear this amazing stuff about James Davis (which is starting to get old after 4 days :P ), Robiski, and Hubbard.... I'd really like to hear something good about our QBs right now. Its what we've been pissing over for the entire off season, practically.

But we aren't getting much aside from the general consensus of "both QBs look decent-to-mediocre". Man, if that doesn't put a damper on watching camp, I don't know what would. Now, I'm a little Quinn biased, simply because I haven't seen him yet. And I have never liked DA's play style in the first place. But if either guy can step up to lead the team successfully, I will back them regardless. But as of now, I don't see this happening to either QB with any measure of confidence. I'm a little worried about that.

That being said, Zombo also leads with some good points. I've lurked a lot here and I have to say, Zombo... you're one of the posters who always has some good insight to bring to the table, and I tip my hat to you for that. Zombo is right: just look at Flacco. The kid comes in his first year to a team with a superb defense (Derrick Mason leading the WRs helps) and and gets an AFC championship out of it. A decent QB surrounded by great players can look great. Hell, isn't that the whole reason Ken Dorsey got drafted in the first place? He had a great team in Miami, and lead that team to the rose bowl and won. But as a quarterback, he sucked... and when we finally realized that, we cut his ass.

Frankly, I agree with both of you guys. On a bad day, I'll sound more like Aten, though. :lol: Sleep it off, Aten, and I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow. :P As for our situation, I say we just gotta deal with it. We play what we got. Right now, our WR corp looks surprisingly strong, our Oline is strong, and I see a lot of promise in Davis. On the defense we have some suspicious pass rush ability but I really like Rex Ryan as a coordinator and I think he will do a fine job leading our D. I think that, all in all, provided we can pull everything else together, we don't need to be reading "QUINN/DA xxxxING OWNED EVERYONE IN CAMP TODAY". I'm just happy we got a team that doesn't play like the Cleveland Pillsbury Doughboys anymore.

I'm gonna wait until preseason to do any real complaining. Right now, Quinn and DA still have time to improve and adjust to the new offense. For now, I'll just sit back and relax and enjoy hearing actual news about our players now that we're in camp.

if both Qbs looked awesome on every play of training camp I'd be far more worried about the state of our defense.

We've heard for years that Anderson always looks great in practice when the pressure is nonexistant, and that Quinn doesn't practice as well as he plays in games. I don't care who the starter is when the season begins, but if we can't win with one of these guys our problems go much deeper than the QB position.

Guest ATENEARS

Flugels here now riding on Zippy's coattail and preaching about defense??? Wasn't Flugel the one here earlier this week posting about a huge lead against Pittsburgh being blown because we didn't continue to score points?

Where was that Defensive mindset a few days ago Flippy?

Dam stan chill out man!

What did you expect with DA going from waived in baltimore to the browns bench untrained and then the unexpected starter in chuds crud static 1 WR system to a more complex genuine ball control balanced attack system...Both DA and BQ came from a shoddy regime and we need to hope BQ can shake off 3 years of bench rust and being tudored by dorsey a guy that cant even play the game..and DA should have never been allowed to get on the pro field as a starter until his staredown problem was fixed...so lets give them some time to adjust to a real football enviroment with a real gameplan and staff i think both these guys will be fine once they adjust...;)

Harrison is over-rated. Guys (Harrison fags) c'mon, get serious. The guy is no where near taking it inside. He runs sideways behind the line. If we get him his 5-7 balls out in the flat with nothing but the end-zone 60-yards away, he may break it, or gain 40-50. But he's no every-down back. He's gay, and Jamal is the dancing bear. With those two and the two clown QB's, we will suck. Let's see what James Davis can do ... let's punt on third down (someone drown me).

Sweet! I'm a Harrison fag now!

I'm still waiting on becoming a Davis fag while we're still in camp. I've got Clemson friends who swear he has no hands (ball protection included - not just catching screens), and plays a lot smaller than he looks (slightly confirmed by reports of him getting pasted on a few blocks - at least he's willing). I'm giving him his chance, though. I'd love to have Byner/Mack back there again.

Guest ATENEARS
Dam stan chill out man!

What did you expect with DA going from waived in baltimore to the browns bench untrained and then the unexpected starter in chuds crud static 1 WR system to a more complex genuine ball control balanced attack system...Both DA and BQ came from a shoddy regime and we need to hope BQ can shake off 3 years of bench rust and being tudored by dorsey a guy that cant even play the game..and DA should have never been allowed to get on the pro field as a starter until his staredown problem was fixed...so lets give them some time to adjust to a real football enviroment with a real gameplan and staff i think both these guys will be fine once they adjust...;)

That was convincing ... you started the paragraph telling me I was stupid for expecting anything from a bench player, that both QB's are coming out from under a shoddy regime ... you tossed in the word 'hope' that is the only real basis of your post ... dis Anderson again, the guy B.Queen can't seem to beat-out ... and end telling us that everything will be fine.

(How long until the Bloody Mary's erase our QB problems/reality and I can 'hope' and 'dream' again?)

Big Gay Ben is having a piss poor camp...throwing INT's and complaining of a weak arm.

Rumors have it P.Manning has been struggling.

I guess both of them suck too?

Listen, this is CAMP. There are a TON of things that effect how the QB's look:

1. They are still learning this new offense.

2. The OL has not even been settled yet.

3. They are trying players all over the place...so there is no tight timing with any of the WR's yet.

4. The WR's are still learning the offense/routes...so they are not always where they are supposed to be.

5. The DB's know it is going to be a pass play, so can anticipate.

6. They KNOW they won't get hit...so may hold onto the ball longer than usual

7. They are working on pass plays they NEED to work on...in other words working on the lesser aspects of their games

I could go on...but what is the point.

Both of these QB's have TONS of upside. They have more than enough talent for at least one (if not both) to be successful behind center if the OL and skills players do their jobs (block/run/catch).

I have no problem with EITHER of them starting..and as for some stupid VET coming in...to me that is nothing more than telling BOTH that they have no faith in them and is just taking up another roster spot that could be used for an extra DL or DB or WR. I for one will pass on that.

Am I going WOW over our QB's right now? No, certainly not. But I also understand that this is not the time to make snap judgements.

Wait until at least the 2nd pre-season game. At that point, we will have a much better understanding of what we have in our WR's, our OL, our RB's...and yes, our QB's.

That was convincing ... you started the paragraph telling me I was stupid for expecting anything from a bench player, that both QB's are coming out from under a shoddy regime ... you tossed in the word 'hope' that is the only real basis of your post ... dis Anderson again, the guy B.Queen can't seem to beat-out ... and end telling us that everything will be fine.

(How long until the Bloody Mary's erase our QB problems/reality and I can 'hope' and 'dream' again?)

Actually im not dumping on either of them... they both do suck right now because they are both like rookies especially BQ at least DA has almost 2 seasons and a probowl appearance under his belt yet his full potential hasnt even been close to realized because of the last regimes poor coaching/coordinating...my stance has always been a QB that stares his target down on a consistant basis isnt ready for primetime rather it be DA or any other QB its a fatally bad habit that even a poor defense can feed off of and no coach thats worth his weight in gold will let a QB with this flaw start...it is a very coachable problem with a simple solution..

And im not trying to convince anyone of anything just my thoughts..let the chips fall where they will..when/if mangini determines that BQ and or DA suck nutz and wants to bring someone else in im with the program i want to see the browns start winning...im just saying DA and BQ have potential but both have been in a bad system their whole pro careers it will take time the real question is if mangini deems it as time worth investing for either or both of them....;)

WTF are we doing?

At, can I offer you some perspective? I've only had a chance to pop in/pop out of camp this year. (Frankly, that's normal for me.) You see clips and bits online and through the TV coverage. But I can give you a couple of things to look for, that just may soothe your fury. A place where you can watch some good things get better. Two positive developments -- 1 for each quarterback this year.

Derek Anderson has obviously been working very hard on his "short-game". Watch any clip you can find from previous seasons, and remember what you saw today, or what you've seen this camp. Anderson's footwork on his short and flat throws is completely different, and much better.

If you recall, Derek Anderson used to hip slide to throw short. In essence, his feet remained pointed downfield, and he'd torque his upper body to the flat... or he'd load up on that back foot and kick his front foot around in his throwing motion... like a pitcher making a pickoff move.

Now, you can see Derek rotating his base, (and pretty fluidly for a big guy) and delivering the ball with a much more controlled motion. He's pivoting his entire base, replanting and throwing. This is a big deal for a veteran quarterback. It's like changing your golf swing 5 years into your PGA career.

And it's not going to be perfect right away. He's going to have mental lapses. He's going to come off of throws, when he pivots late, or forgets, or starts to lean back on old habits and catches himself. He's going to look deliberate, slow, too slow. Relax. New throwing motions take time.

By the same token, Brady Quinn has apparently been addressing his body lean on longer throws. Quinn, while in most cases a mechanical marvel, has regularly relied on a significant body lean to get the ball downfield. He would dip that back shoulder and sort of whip the ball downfield. Actually, much to Mike Holmgren's dismay, Brett Farve had a notorious lean when throwing long. It makes you shorter, slower, and exposes the football far too long.

This camp, it looks as though Quinn is working through the process of increasing his body rotation, but keeping his shoulders parallel to the ground. The downsides are similar... During camp, he's going to look deliberate, slow... he will undoubtedly flutter balls, miss targets.

Guys, you've got two quarterbacks undergoing some significant mechanical overhauls. Relax. Forget learning the new system. Unless your Peyton Manning, You're always learning a new system. Oh, wait, he IS learning a new system.

Try to make yourself feel better... watch the progress the two quarterbacks make in these two areas. By the time they get to the point where it looks fluid, you'll realize that their overall offensive performances have improved greatly.

It's only the first week boss.

-jj

There is no perfect QB in this league. All QB make mistakes from time to time. It shows what kind of man you are if you can come back from those mistakes. We know DA can't. Big deal he has a great arm, that doesn't win very many football games. Play ball control offense and keep your defense on the off field so by the 4th there not so tried and worn out. The good QB are the smart ones and learn from there mistakes. Until DA learns from his mistakes he will always be a back up in this league. Just give BQ a shot to see what he can do. We already know what we have in DA and things are not going to change with him.

freakin hilarious guys. this is why i come to this site. nothing like a ranting brownie to start the day. lol.

Guest ATENEARS
At, can I offer you some perspective?

Derek Anderson has obviously been working very hard on his "short-game". Watch any clip you can find from previous seasons, and remember what you saw today, or what you've seen this camp. Anderson's footwork on his short and flat throws is completely different, and much better.

Jason, thanks for the generic (but long winded) token reply. I didn't come on here and rant because of an awkward screen pass or two. The guy had no clock in his head last night. Even in back-yard football without a rush, guys will scamper around for 7-seconds and throw the damn ball away because anything longer would just be unfair to a defense. This clown stays in there and actually keeps patting the ball like it's his mommy's tit and throws the ball down field and jogs up to the moved chains like he actually did something. Some Shmoke Twitters about it, and the Queen Nation gathers for a new counter spin as to why Brady is better (then they post about BQ's long ball, which leads us to your next lesson, below).

My problem ... take that back, everyone's problem with DA ain't in the torque of his upper body or the rotation of his base (as grovy and educated as that all sounds) it's in the touch he can't put on a pass. He's still bulleting passes downward, making for some very difficult catches.

No, I did not see improvement ... anywhere.

By the same token, Brady Quinn has apparently been addressing his body lean on longer throws. This camp, it looks as though Quinn is working through the process of increasing his body rotation, but keeping his shoulders parallel to the ground.

Again, I disagree. I never questioned the guys arm strength, but his balls don't come off pretty. In fact, he threw an absolute duck last night on one particular throw. He is not keeping his shoulders parallel to the ground, he's slinging it from behind the shadows of his line, he's dipping his back shoulder still. He's releasing the ball too low, and 'flicking' passes too often ... still.

The token rebuttal is that they are working on all of these things, no shit Sherlock. But that don't erase the problem. My rant is to let everyone know that DA is still DA and Brady is still Brady and that shouldn't make anyone comfortable enough to Twitter cheesey happy false progress, or report on some phantom tough-it-out competition. It is more-so about who is less worst.

Get back into camp and give us more than the basic text book things they should be working on. We want results.

Guest Masters
At, can I offer you some perspective? I've only had a chance to pop in/pop out of camp this year. (Frankly, that's normal for me.) You see clips and bits online and through the TV coverage. But I can give you a couple of things to look for, that just may soothe your fury. A place where you can watch some good things get better. Two positive developments -- 1 for each quarterback this year.

If you recall, Derek Anderson used to hip slide to throw short. In essence, his feet remained pointed downfield, and he'd torque his upper body to the flat... or he'd load up on that back foot and kick his front foot around in his throwing motion... like a pitcher making a pickoff move.

Now, you can see Derek rotating his base, (and pretty fluidly for a big guy) and delivering the ball with a much more controlled motion. He's pivoting his entire base, replanting and throwing. This is a big deal for a veteran quarterback. It's like changing your golf swing 5 years into your PGA career.

And it's not going to be perfect right away. He's going to have mental lapses. He's going to come off of throws, when he pivots late, or forgets, or starts to lean back on old habits and catches himself. He's going to look deliberate, slow, too slow. Relax. New throwing motions take time.

By the same token, Brady Quinn has apparently been addressing his body lean on longer throws. Quinn, while in most cases a mechanical marvel, has regularly relied on a significant body lean to get the ball downfield. He would dip that back shoulder and sort of whip the ball downfield. Actually, much to Mike Holmgren's dismay, Brett Farve had a notorious lean when throwing long. It makes you shorter, slower, and exposes the football far too long.

This camp, it looks as though Quinn is working through the process of increasing his body rotation, but keeping his shoulders parallel to the ground. The downsides are similar... During camp, he's going to look deliberate, slow... he will undoubtedly flutter balls, miss targets.

Guys, you've got two quarterbacks undergoing some significant mechanical overhauls. Relax. Forget learning the new system. Unless your Peyton Manning, You're always learning a new system. Oh, wait, he IS learning a new system.

Try to make yourself feel better... watch the progress the two quarterbacks make in these two areas. By the time they get to the point where it looks fluid, you'll realize that their overall offensive performances have improved greatly.

It's only the first week boss.

-jj

Ahhhhhhh........ A voice of reason.

With everything I have seen here each day about training camp, I have to go all A.I. "Practice! We're talking about practice"

Archived