THE BROWNS BOARD

Both of our QB's SUCK

Guest ATENEARS

WTF are we doing?

Serioulsy, why can't we ever bring in a veteran to push these young dumbass'es?

I went to Camp today with Riffer. He's a Quinn homo and still hangs onto that 'hope' and 'dream' that someday a pretty boy QB will make the front cover of the National mag's don'ing a Browns Jersey.

Screw that pipe dream! These guys are followers, back-ups, losers, never-was .....

Anderson and Quinn looked like shit today. As Riff stated, Anderson held the ball so long I blew my load and had a cigarette. Quinn panics and dumps passes through defenders arms that are just plain stupid throws. He puts touch on a balls that should be hammered home in a goal line set. He floats a ball when a receiver busts a seem and can't wait around for a delivery.

hold on a second ... I'm dry heaving.

We sit here day-in and day-out hanging on these two clowns. Where's Drew Bledsoe for $1-mil? Why are we stuck in an off-season with Brett Farve and Michael Vick? Where is the Vet that could out play these two kids with his eyes closed?

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourselves. Again as Riff stated, you might read or hear of a TD pass from one of these guys, but what the story fails to tell you is how one of our weakass DE's already busted in, stopped, and stared at the QB for two-seconds before that pass was ever even thought of being released. 3.5-seconds before it's launched. (I'm not exaggerating, although I wish I were)

OMG, I'm going to get sick.

Let's switch gears and talk about something else.

The receivers caught virtually EVERYTHING. Ok, a pass or so behind a TE was occasionally dropped. Rucker dropped a pass in one-on-one routes that was poor, but beyond that it was catch, after catch, after catch, after catch. much improved from recent years and definately the best ever while a Robiskie was on the field (that's a dig at the father ... settle down Buckeye fans).

The DB's seemed to play closer to the line from years past. Those that know me, know that I like that. I like me some bump-n-run. To tell you the truth, the biggest WR blunder tonight was Braylon not getting off the line on one one-on-one drill, he lined up again with a short break and stumbled again. I can't remember the DB in coverage (Riff?), but on the first attempt, the DB shoved Braylons head to to the ground and stopped him dead as he stumbled out of the blocks. the second time, Braylon stumbled on his own while attempting to fire off. The plays were consecutive, so they stuck out. Keep in mind, this was a one-on-one drill with just him, a DB, and his QB - with all the time in the world to run an elaborate route and get seperation. It's a WR drill, the DB's are typically hung out to dry with no help. Braylon, to his credit, made all the catches, but didn't look 100% with his legs under him.

Let's move on to the RB's ... i'm going to pick-up where I left off in years past in calling out Jamal Lewis. He don't look nearly as hungry as he did when he came here. I say he's washed up, and won't contribute much this season. I like James Davis a lot ... I keep thinking of Greg Pruitt when I see him. Not the moves and break-away (tear-away?) factor, but the type of body or build. He looks smooth. (Zippy, he is my 'Corey Bridges' take it for what it's worth). Harrison is over-rated. Guys (Harrison fags) c'mon, get serious. The guy is no where near taking it inside. He runs sideways behind the line. If we get him his 5-7 balls out in the flat with nothing but the end-zone 60-yards away, he may break it, or gain 40-50. But he's no every-down back. He's gay, and Jamal is the dancing bear. With those two and the two clown QB's, we will suck. Let's see what James Davis can do ... let's punt on third down (someone drown me).

Best Training Camp story ... honest to God, the Browns were practicing blocking punts tonight with Zastudil kicking. Each time, the DB came in uncontested and blocked the full-out punt off of Zastudil's foot. Is that crazy? I mean, it's cool that they are teaching/practicing it, but to use Zastudil for the drill? That's a dangerous drill on both sides.

We noticed that it didn't appear that we have any back-up FG kickers or Punters on the roster. On Special team drills, balls were launched by a back-up QB's arm, to simulate a punt/kick. That's a big change from previous camps.

I was a DA fag, and never really bought into the pretty boy, but have given up on both. I hate them.

The first Training Camp practice that I attended last year, I came to the same conclusion as Holmgren.

Don't forget about James Davis!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love how one bad season makes a once respected QB suck.

it realy makes sense....and creates and easy-to-succeed environment.

I'm sure that's what they told Kurt Warner after his stint with the Giants. It's been so long since there's been a prime time QB in Cleveland, I doubt the fans would recognize him if he walked through the door. How much you want to bet that Delhomme won't be any worse than #10 and #3 were last year? How many sub-100 yard games is he going to have? Choco...you could come off the street and throw for 50.

Archived