THE BROWNS BOARD

Ladies and Gentlemen, Slow the hell down.....

PlaygroundLegend

I mean really? Are you guys (especially you shep) really giving this much praise to DA and starting to second guess Quinn? The DA? a.k.a. drive assassin, a.k.a. dumb ass?

Its happening, you guys are falling in love with that arm again. DONT FORGET THE PAST!!! HISTORY WILL REPEAT!!! Its not as if DA is playing lights out right now. Do you not remember the second half of 07? The fall from grace, the 4 picks at Cinci? Do you not remember DA getting crazy amounts of balls tipped at the line? Do you not remember DA coming back into the game after BQ was injured and almost immediately throwing an interception?!?!?

Or do you remember last summer, when there was no competition? They said if there was, DA looked slightly better anyway. Who played better IN THE GAME last year? Who threw 2 TD's to Kellen Winslow with defenders in his face? Who broke crazy amounts of records at ND? Who was drafted in the first round? Who hasnt starte'd a seasons worth of games yet?

Both QB's are in a new offense, and weve only been through 4 days of camp with new recievers, they need to get the plays right and the timing down. Im sorry if I sound like a Quinn fag, but Im sick of this DA experiment, weve done it too many times and gotten the same results, oh he has a good camp here, great game there, but do we really want to look over that shitton of picks and fumbles? HELL NO! BQ gets the nod, and shuts up the haters, and even if he doesnt, he should get 3 years under center just like Eli Manning did when he sucked, now look at him, 1 super bowl ring and a fat ass contract.

You wanna know why we suck from year to year? Because we are indecisive, and afraid to take risks. We have had a crazy revolving door at QB for 10 years now, we need to pick one, suck or no suck (a first rounder, QUINN) and stick with them. Help them improve, and give them years of game time experience, JUST LIKE ELI. We need to stop looking for the Matt Ryans of the world and do this the right way. I know you guys dont want to wait, but trust me, it will pay off. We have laid the foundation, we are improving or D (just like the GIANTS D in 07) and we need to groom our QB (Brady). Take your heads out of your asses and look at training camp as what it is... it is a time to make mistakes so you dont during the regular season, its a time to work harder at getting better....

This is practice guys... practice, Im talkin bout PRACTICE! Not the game, but, PRACTICE!

falling in love with one player (Jennings, Maualuga etc) just might get your heart broken.

instead of pining over what may never be why not just relax and allow the Big Boys to make the Big Boy decisions and support them while they improve the team?

you still have the freedom to crucify them later if they made the wrong ones. (i'll even join ya!)

I mean really? Are you guys (especially you shep) really giving this much praise to DA and starting to second guess Quinn? The DA? a.k.a. drive assassin, a.k.a. dumb ass?

Its happening, you guys are falling in love with that arm again. DONT FORGET THE PAST!!! HISTORY WILL REPEAT!!! Its not as if DA is playing lights out right now. Do you not remember the second half of 07? The fall from grace, the 4 picks at Cinci? Do you not remember DA getting crazy amounts of balls tipped at the line? Do you not remember DA coming back into the game after BQ was injured and almost immediately throwing an interception?!?!?

GREAT post! I EVEN remember 2 games in 08 where our defense held AFC playoff caliber opponents to 10 points. One of those games DA gave up the TD and neither of those games DA led us to a single TD. I keep hearing our defense is the problem. Then I watched Dumb Ass playign Kris Kringle to the Ratbirds.

Speaking of which, the Ratbirds made playoffs at the Birdcage every season Kyle Boller wasn't the starter in recent years and SUCKED every season he was the starter. POINT? You need the RIGHT QB in order to win those close games.

The RIGHT guy will grow with experience and so will the offense, which has NOT been the case since the early midnight of the Cinderella story in 07.

If Brady Quinn isn't the guy - it would SUCK goat dong learning this in the 3rd year. Coming off a season of 3-4 wins before his rookie year and seeing Frye stumble - we should have awarded the rookie that tripled the TD passes Frye and Dumb Ass combined for the 07 preseason. They combined for 1 TD in 4 preseason games. Don't forget ALL those EARLY reports of Worthlessberger and the Steelers feeling the need to give Maddox an anormous raise and extrension when they saw him in training camp. Maddox got hurt, and Worthlessberger got to show people he's better when the pocket collapses and he improvises. This is the SAME place I think BQ has it all over DA. We won't know for sure until we see if he can build on the 30 points per game average in starts 1 and 2 when healthy. The final 6 weeks we scored 0 offensive TDs to conceptualize the difference without a healthy Quinn.

I don't want to see 1 more flocking oncore of Dumb Ass leading a short bus fire drill. I AM willing to be a Ratliff fan if Quinn ain't the answer.

- Tom F.

Good post..

Both QBs are learning a new system of coarse they are going to look bad at times...considering RAC and chuds system was plain vanilla weaksauce and neither BQ or DA were well coached by that regime they have much to learn and little time to learn it..both can and must improve at an accelerated speed as preseason is upon us im a bq fan but im a browns fan first and will give mangini the benefit of the doubt no matter whom he chooses to lead the club even ratliff or vick....lol ;)

If DA deserves the praise, pour it on him. If he's gotten rid of his plague, play him.

If Quinn's the guy (I think he probably is), he'll play.

Drive Assassin is still a Brown, and as long as that's the case, I'll be rooting my ass off for him hoping he plays well, then screaming like an ass at my TV when he doesn't.

Just like I do for every other player on the team.

I don't want to see 1 more flocking oncore of Dumb Ass leading a short bus fire drill. I AM willing to be a Ratliff fan if Quinn ain't the answer.

- Tom F.

I hope we get to see some of Ratliff in the preseason games. The contrast should be interesting.

Guest ATENEARS

Can't we install a warning system here of when you're about to open a Brady Queen Slurpee fest thread?

(This thread will be moved to the Horse Racing Forum ... bring your lucky charm)

Can't we install a warning system here of when you're about to open a Brady Queen Slurpee fest thread?

(This thread will be moved to the Horse Racing Forum ... bring your lucky charm)

What's the matter pussy? Can't handle a DA bashing thread? Maybe you should take your own advice and ignore threads that don't make you feel all fuzzy inside. For a guy who refuses ito remove idiot Steeler fans who hijack interesting Browns discussions, you sure get sand in your vagina on a regular basis.

spoken by he who defends the queen vehemently whenever anyone questions his game.....how many DA bashing threads are need to make queen look good? cause he isn't doing it himself....

novel idea...tear the competition down to make a average player look better. wow....thats something new....

tear the competition down to make a average player look better. wow....thats something new....

We have no idea whether or not Quinn is average, above average or below average. What is this, day FIVE of camp??? Can we just relax and see how this all plays out?

First of all, I think Quinn will start the opener. As Crazy Rich Passan just put it, basically, he was always going to start the opener unless he just shits himself in preseason and that's not gonna happen. He's too smart, too prepared, to have a melt down.

That's the definition of this "competition." It seems to be more known among the likes of Adkins, Taylor, Grossi, and Doerschuck, but they aren't revealing why they feel so certain of that. I'm thinking they've been told.

All the fellas you mentioned have got the hots for Quinnie so they're simply hoping it's not a real competition.

They have no inside info. And they give no rationale other than "we NEED to see Bradeeeeeee!"

Basically they're scared shitless that Quinn can't win a competition vs Anderson.

They know that Quinn's last hope is that this is not a real competition.

Their mindset is like a lot of the folks here on the board.

All the fellas you mentioned have got the hots for Quinnie so they're simply hoping it's not a real competition.

They have no inside info. And they give no rationale other than "we NEED to see Bradeeeeeee!"

Basically they're scared shitless that Quinn can't win a competition vs Anderson.

They know that Quinn's last hope is that this is not a real competition.

Their mindset is like a lot of the folks here on the board.

Ahhh, the seemless argument. They don't count because they are Quinn fags...and anyone that says anything positive about Quinn is a Quinn fag....so no reports of Quinn doing well or possibly starting will ever matter because it is only being reported by a Quinn Fag.

Brilliant.

Of course, anyone writing positives about DA is brilliant and unbiased. So it can only mean that DA is the leader and will be the starter.

Amazing.

You are truly one for the history books....as in I wish you were history.

"First of all, I think Quinn will start the opener. As Crazy Rich Passan just put it, basically, he was always going to start the opener unless he just shits himself in preseason and that's not gonna happen. He's too smart, too prepared, to have a melt down.

"

Not saying BQ will not start the regular season but what in BQs NFL career makes you think this? Was it his performance against 3rd and 4th stringers his first year when he actually did perform well (but then again so did Dorsey against the same competition) or was it the way that BQ took the opportunity last preseason and tore it up? Oh wait, he didn't tear it up last preseason when he started 2 preseason games.

People act like it is just a no brainer to start BQ and that he will be a star (I could win the lotto also). What in BQs NFL career makes you believe that? So far in his career he has almost mirrored DA and the same stages of their respective careers. His first 3 starts are almost identical to DAs. The two QBs are neck and neck so far in this preseason. Mind you they are neck and neck, that is the lazy dumbass drive killer with a low wonderlic score learning a new offense that is not built for his abilities is in a draw with the Workout Rat, Film nut, wonderlic score dominating wonder boy with the golden arm and amazing work ethic that everybody says the offense is built for.

Hum, one is a drive killer idiot with little skills to ever be more than a back up and the other is a first round pick that I have seen some say is destined for the hall of fame and for sure is the next great QB in the league. Yet they are neck and neck in a new offense that everybody (except lum) says totally favors the film junky. How is this possible?

It could be and I think it might be that BQ is no better than DA and that the Browns should be looking fot the franchise in next yeas QB heavy draft. We will see in the preseason if BQ is better in game situations than DA, but of course that will be against vanilla defenses and you can't make any judgements off of that unless it supports your side.

Just think about it, maybe DA does suck, but maybe, just maybe he has started because he is the better QB of the two. It is possible you know.

by the way some radio dipshit by the name of Aaron Goldhammer was asked by Colin Cowherd how the quarterback competition was going. Of course he bypassed the question completely and went straight to "I think Quinn's gonna start since Anderson's QB rating was low last year".

What does it mean when BQ honks refuse to discuss training camp?

After months and months of hearing how BQ was going to crush Anderson in training camp, the focus for BQ Nation has swiftly changed to focus on discrediting the idea of training camp itself, how Anderson simply doesn't get a chance to start because he got a turn last year, and how Quinnie apparently never was any good at practice anyway (according to BQ Nation as of Monday).

They don't count because they are Quinn fags...and anyone that says anything positive about Quinn is a Quinn fag....so no reports of Quinn doing well or possibly starting will ever matter because it is only being reported by a Quinn Fag.

Grossi and Doeschuck have spent the last 2+ years asking RAC in every press conference "how's Quinn lookin in practice??? Do you think you should bench Anderson and start Quinnie next week???"

Don't try to imagine they aren't BQ Fags.

Watch Tony G's next interview with Quinn.: "Hey Brady, people question your arm, but they look amazing from where I'm standing, have you been lifting weights like 24 hours a day lately?"

Ih history repeated itself, then Maybe New England will be winning every year or FArt Modell will be moving every year and the Baltimore RAvens will become the Harlem globe trotters of NFL. But it aint the case is it ?

Im confident that Mangini is not an idiot and if he sees something in DA that makes him think that he is our better bet, then I will support that decision.

In Mangni We Trust

Grossi and Doeschuck have spent the last 2+ years asking RAC in every press conference "how's Quinn lookin in practice??? Do you think you should bench Anderson and start Quinnie next week???"

Don't try to imagine they aren't BQ Fags.

Watch Tony G's next interview with Quinn.: "Hey Brady, people question your arm, but they look amazing from where I'm standing, have you been lifting weights like 24 hours a day lately?"

Douche, name one writer who's said something positive about Quinn who you don't classify as a Quinnie?

Thanks Fraud.

name one writer who's said something positive about Quinn who you don't classify as a Quinnie?

I don't recall classifying any writers as "Quinnies"

You may be thinking of "BQ Fags"

And unfortunately I don't know who has and has not said positive things about Quinnie.

But I do know Grossi and Doerschuck each want a hot beef injection from Quinn. That is fact.

And unfortunately I don't know who has and has not said positive things about Quinnie.

You'd actually have to follow the team and stuff to know...

But I do know Grossi and Doerschuck each want a hot beef injection from Quinn. That is fact.

How would you know about Grossi and Doerschuck's love without knowing what they've said about Quinn?

Please. You read everything related to the Browns QB situation. Pluto's said positive things about Quinn. Is he afflicted like Grossi/Doerschuck? Is it possible to say something complimentary about Quinn and avoid your childish label?

You're fun today because its not taking much effort. Fish meet barrel.

From what I hear DA lost some points today....

kicking pylons, dropping f-bombs.... that kind of stuff get you an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty...

Thats a Mangini "high character guy" right there

Quinn threw some bad passes today it seems, he went up to Furrey and apologized....

See the difference?

But then again like I said, this is just practice and it all means nothing until we see what happens in an actual NFL season game

The first two preseason games will sort this out. The winner will be declared and start game 3 of preseason. Let's just hope the real QB's show up.. however good or bad in the first 2 games to allow the coaches to make the right call. whatever that may be..I trust the coach on this one. I have been reading those twitters on a ton of team pages.. Trust me the word interception is one of the most used words.. and not just in cleveburg.

Archived