THE BROWNS BOARD

Don Carey cut

Guest mz.

Guest Aloysius

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the waived/injured designation may be part of the process of placing him on injured reserve. In order to prevent teams from stashing healthy rookies on IR, the league requires rooks go through a waiver process. If he clears, the Browns can then put him on IR. I guess we'll find out more soon.

By the way, the guy who replaced Carey, Brandon Anderson, really struggled today.

Guest TheJokersWILD

Browns make roster moves

The Cleveland Browns today signed free agent defensive back Brandon Anderson, the club announced. In addition, the team waived/injured rookie defensive back Don Carey.

A four-year letterman at the University of Akron (2005-08), Anderson started 17 of 48 games, totaling 113 tackles. As a senior, he notched a career-high 42 tackles, with 27 solo. He was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Indianapolis Colts on April 30 and was waived on July 31.

Born on December 10, 1985, the 5-11, 175-pound Anderson attended Pulaski (Dublin, Va.) High School and Hargrave Military Academy. A three-year starter at defensive back and two-year starter at running back at Pulaski, Anderson garnered First-Team all-district honors at both positions during his junior and senior seasons. He is a native of Dublin, Va.

LINK from ClevelandBrowns.com

maybe he failed the piss test.... mary jane? HGH? Roids?

I highly doubt it. Google is your friend. Let your fingers do the walking and learn a little about Don Carey....not exactly the type one would peg as someone to fail a whiz quiz.

Along with Riffer, I had high hopes for this guy on the field, thinking he would turn out to be a draft steal. Hopefully he passes waivers and we can hang on to him.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the waived/injured designation may be part of the process of placing him on injured reserve. In order to prevent teams from stashing healthy rookies on IR, the league requires rooks go through a waiver process. If he clears, the Browns can then put him on IR. I guess we'll find out more soon.

By the way, the guy who replaced Carey, Brandon Anderson, really struggled today.

i hope that's the plan and he makes it through, i forsee him as Pool's future replacement (and hope it happens).

the injury must be rather serious too and might actually secure room for Sorenson...i'd like that. we'll need him in case Cribbs happens to have a cousin as an advisor.

To make room, the team waived/injured rookie cornerback Don Carey, who has been out all week with a shoulder injury. If Carey clears waivers, the Browns can re-sign him and place him on the injured reserve list for the season. Camp bits: Mike Furrey, who is engaged in a competition with David Patten and others for a receiver roster spot, shook off an injury to his left shoulder in a one-on-one blocking drill against safety Hamza Abdullah and returned for team drills after spending time with trainers and the team physician. . . . When Rex Hadnot went down with a knee injury, he was replaced at left guard by Isaac Sowells.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ider_scrim.html

Guest Aloysius

Mel Tucker's the DC in Jacksonville. I wouldn't be surprised if he played a role on this; one of his sources in Cleveland may have told him to bring in Carey.

Archived