THE BROWNS BOARD

2001 Browns vs. Jaguars Riot

TheClevelandSound

Been looking all over. I cant find any clips of the game or the riot on youtube or google or anything. I was at that game but I was only 11. I just wanna see what the riot looked like again, or the controversial play that made it occur. Its hard to believe there is no video of this on the internet, so if you can find it, it would be much obliged :)

Guest ATENEARS

It never happened, because the play that ran after the initial call never happened. In the NFL, once a play is ran after a call on the field is made, that initial call/play stands, but in the case of the phantom bottle throwing incident, somehow that play that ran after the call did not exsist, so therefore there is no record of incident of any wrong doing taking place at Cleveland Browns Stadium that day.

It's as fantasy as those first 30-years of losing seasons that never happened to the Pittsburgh franchise.

I think Mr. Phil Dawson will beg to differ.

This was one of my first browns games, I was there with my Dad and Uncle.... wearing a xxxx Pittsburgh shirt....

My batteries from the walkman could barely make it to the field from there...

It wasn't easy, but I found a clip a while back and posted it on here. I don't know if the link will still be valid, or if my post can be easily found, but it should be on here...

Zombo

post-798-1249977133_thumb.jpg

This is the best I could find on the hard drive. Personal favorite.

Who is this typical cleveland hottie?

Miss Cleveland '09?

Wow. F'cked up. To play Devils Advocate, we did get the Phil Dawson call. But this is just Retarded.

i don't follow...are you talking about Phil's Baltimore "stantion post" kick?

to the best of my knowledge there wasn't a play run after that, they just deliberated about it, so what exactly are you referring to?

I think the Dawson kick at Oakland in '07

well that can't be because he made it but they called T/O, and he missed the re-kick...costing us the game.

considering Kosar lives on here he must have me on ignore. 95% of the time he deserves the same. :P

The Refs review a play prior to a play that has already been run. This is the ONLY time in history since Instant Reply came into effect that this has been done. Changing the rules ON THE FLY to help the opposing team.

As someone else said, they deserved EVERY bottle.....and probably a few anvils. The Gambling Rooney Clan was probably in their pockets.

Doug

Thanks for the video.

If only there was footage of them coning back out. You would be able to see me on the wall in the Dawg Pound after I came down from the nose bleeds when half the other fans left.

Also, not that it matters but why the xxxx did couch double pump that spike? Never noticed that.

He didn't mean to, but between his sobs it happened.

Archived