THE BROWNS BOARD

AUG 7 Friday's Browns Camp - Twitter Highlights

Dan in Florida

Weird. I read that report and thought it sounded like they were pretty even, slight edge to Quinn.

Ditto

Quinn ran 11 plays to Anderson's 6 in the 2 min drill. Kept drives alive with two 3d down completions and one 4th down completion. That's quite a diff.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mack and Robiskie have been disappointments so far, but like I like to say, it is only camp.

Mack, especially had the longer road to go, but I think he will be ready by September. "Robo" is looking sorta looking like a stiff.

You have 36 posts and I don't think one of them has been upbeat. All reports and eyewitness accounts (including my own) are that MM and Robocop are doing great so far, especially for rookies.

TheOBR Jerome Henderson working DB's hard in individual coverage, technique drills.

less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Little change from usual practice sessions... physical in team drills right away. Eric Wright plants Madsen on first play.

3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Working in coverage drills, DA hit Massaquoi... makes an amazing one-handed catch falling to goal line.

6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Blocking drills - Rogers moves sled with bobcat attached back a foot.

11 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR DA stays shaky in team drills. Cribbs drops low pass around goal line.

13 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Massaquoi bobbles and then brings in red zone TD reception from Quinn

19 minutes ago from web

TheOBR Quinn throws TD pass to Braylon Edwards on a slant

24 minutes ago from web

TheOBR At start of team drills, Brady Quinn was hot and Derek Anderson shaky

29 minutes ago from web

TheOBR Bowens, Heiden, Patten riding stationary bikes and team warms of for practice.

You have 36 posts and I don't think one of them has been upbeat. All reports and eyewitness accounts (including my own) are that MM and Robocop are doing great so far, especially for rookies.

Oh come on. I have praised M just about everytime except for 1 day. The guy has been a surprise early in camp. Robiskie has been disappointing. Of course they are going to "up talk him". DA has had the same thing and Quinn recently about his "improved accuracy".

Actutally, I thought that Robo had some good reports the first couple days... Haven't heard too much about him lately, though.

The only rookie who continuously has been disappointing me so far is Alex Mack. He's been running a lot of laps and doesnt seem anywhere near as impressive as many thought he would be.... Though with Fraley still good for now, he has time to develop.

Actutally, I thought that Robo had some good reports the first couple days... Haven't heard too much about him lately, though.

The only rookie who continuously has been disappointing me so far is Alex Mack. He's been running a lot of laps and doesnt seem anywhere near as impressive as many thought he would be.... Though with Fraley still good for now, he has time to develop.

Thanks for the backup. Mack has been a disappointment. He simply seems a little overwhelmed by pro-ball right now.

Right now, Browns draft picks outside M and Davis are have been disappointing.

Guest Aloysius
Right now, Browns draft picks outside M and Davis are have been disappointing.

Nope, Veikune has been solid. Saw that with my own eyes, as well as Robiskie's sweet double move to open practice yesterday.

Mack's been the only disappointment so far. Maiava's been a little quiet, but he's made a few plays. And some of the UDFA's (Norwood, Benard) have proven they deserve to be there.

Nope, Veikune has been solid. Saw that with my own eyes, as well as Robiskie's sweet double move to open practice yesterday.

Mack's been the only disappointment so far. Maiava's been a little quiet. And some of the UDFA's (Norwood, Benard) have proven they deserve to be there.

Nice catch on Veikune as I forgot about him completely(which was stupid because along with Mack, I considered him a "must" panout from the draft).

I guess we will agree to disagree with Robo.

TheOBR Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan gives Marcus Benard some undivided attention regarding how to cover the back slipping into the flat.

1 minute ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Anderson throws wide to an open Harrison at goal line is passing drills.

5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Lines are running stunts in blocking drills.

6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Defensive line coach Bryan Cox loud and antimated in coaching up players.

7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR DE Corey Williams runs a lap due to blocking drill infraction.

9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Edwards hauls in bullet on slant from Quinn -- the WR hs been exceptional in camp.

10 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Safety Nick Sorensen struggles in coverage drills, but excels on special teams.

TheOBR NT Shaun Rogers latest victim to run lap in practice.

14 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Rookie WR Jordan Norwood continues to impress in oppotunities, as he beats Brandon McDonald in individual receiving drill.

18 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Furrey's experience is evident as he finds soft spots in secondary. At this early stage the veteran is proving to be a valuable edition.

18 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR While starters have not been named, Edwards, Furrey and Massaquoi gaining reps with the first team offense.

19 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR DE Corey Williams has had numerous solid sessions of late and is getting some reps with first team defense.

21 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR ... spots with Wright and McDonald at CB with Elam and Pool at safety.

22 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Starting defense lineup has been consisent -- Coleman, Rogers andSmith along the line -- Barton, Jackson, Bowens and Wimbley at LB...

22 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Massaquoi mugged by teammates upon spectacular one-handed TD reception.

23 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Eric Wright and rookie Coye Francies locking in coverage well.

Its sounding like one QB has finally outshined the other during practice. Hopefully this lights a fire under DA and they can be even again, but we'll hear "Both QBs were awesome today, slight advantage to..." instead of "Both QBs suck but ... sucked least". Or Quinn will just run away with it, I'd take that too.

Guest Aloysius

Another drop by Steptoe. He had one yesterday when Mike Adams was able to get his hand in there and rip the ball out.

He's making it a lot easier for a guy like Norwood or Hubbard to make the team.

TheOBR Anderson throws wide to an open Harrison at goal line is passing drills.

Interesting to note that Harrison has been getting a lot of balls thrown his way lately.... Sounds like he's being used as a WR. Hmm...

The Buckeyes man!!

I have followed Robo for a while. He is what he is.

I am a Buckeye too, actually a student there. I wasn't a fan of him coming into the draft, because I watched him drop a lot of TP's passes first hand. But he was very impressive his junior year and at times his senior year, and was exceptional the day I went to camp. Caught everything.

Its sounding like one QB has finally outshined the other during practice. Hopefully this lights a fire under DA and they can be even again, but we'll hear "Both QBs were awesome today, slight advantage to..." instead of "Both QBs suck but ... sucked least". Or Quinn will just run away with it, I'd take that too.

And as soon as I say that, they both suck again...

TheOBR Quinn having trouble getting ball into end zone -- again inaccurate in missing Walker in end zone.

1 minute ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Both Quinn and Anderson fail to get the ball in the end zone during drill.

4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Steptoe juggles Anderson pass - catches ball but ruled incomplete.

TheOBR Anderson taking what defense gives leading team in drills.

TheOBR Dustin Fry fills well as he leads run from LG position.

TheOBR Quinn misses open Hubbard at goal line -- ball underthrown and behind WR.

Guest Aloysius
Browns CB Rod Hood , battling incumbent Brandon McDonald for a starting job, just allowed a cinch interception of a QB Derek Anderson pass slip through his fingers.

Quinn is having a good session inspite of a couple passes off the mark - the Quinn on the field right now is the player this team needs.

TheOBR Anderson on the field, immediately completes pass to Davis.

half a minute ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Quinn is having a good session inspite of a couple passes off the mark - the Quinn on the field right now is the player this team needs.

less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR James Davis breaks into secondary of guard utilizing his vision and one-cut ability.

3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Quinn finds Massaquoi in end zone for TD in red zone. Massaquoi continues to shine.

4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TheOBR Jamal Lewis has nice scamper off LT in team drills.

TheOBR Anderson finds Vickers out of the backfield for a score.

Quinn's performances in the past two days have been like DA's Giants and Redskins games, only headed in the opposite direction.

Quite the run from the penthouse to the outhouse. It wasn't like the Redskins played a overly different scheme(outside of having a better DB core). It was DA being.......DA.

Quite the run from the penthouse to the outhouse. It wasn't like the Redskins played a overly different scheme(outside of having a better DB core). It was DA being.......DA.

Redskins have a good defense. As I remember, the skin's defense was good, blitzing very good. Anderson did a nice fourth down conversion throw to Heiden. That's the only good thing about that game.

TheOBR Blocking drills - Rogers moves sled with bobcat attached back a foot.

Damn! It's hard to tell how strong these guys are watching them on TV against one another - that gives me a great idea of how brutal someone like Rogers really is.

Archived